You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: Axl at the Chinese Exchange

From the pics, it looked like a great event.    So random how he does this sort of shit on the occasion.

Someone else posted something to the effect of how Axl was appreciative of the job Slash had done on the CD songs.   (I think that bodes well for the prospect of Slash and Duff working on CD era stuff yet to be released).    Who knows what was really said though without video.    Hoping we see it.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

It sounds like he gave a generic 'yes there is a possibility for new music' from both GnR and from Angus.    How cool would it be to get both?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Both would be great. I've said it before but I think he's well aware of how much time was wasted on new GNR. Has nothing to do with how much anyone likes CD....it went on too long.

He may be reflecting on his career and sees the void. He can also look at his peers such as Cornell(and even Reznor) and see that if Cornell is capable of multitasking, he can pull it off too. People mock my Cornell references/examples but its a legitimate comparison at this point in time.

Cornell juggles his solo career with Soundgarden and at some points does both. Axl is doing the same thing with AC/DC and GNR. While he has a free pass in 2016 for new music, he must realize that he will need new material if he has plans to continue in either(or both) situations in the future.

2016 is the world being reintroduced to GNR and apparently getting the general public used to a world where Axl Rose is the lead singer of Ac/DC.

2017-18 is when new music will be needed in both situations.

We'll probably get a GH/Best of late 2016/early 17. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't happened yet. I assume it is in the planning stages as we speak.

Would love to be a fly on the wall when the band/label are discussing potential track lists. So many directions to take a 2 disc compilation.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Oh, god damn it. If I'd known about this I would've been there.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Interesting that he won't release a bio anytime soon since it will stir the pot. Goes to show he still hasn't really changed when it comes to Slash, just become old enough to let it go.

johndivney wrote:

Bumblehead.

johndivney wrote:

In fairness yer man tang might be an asshole but some of these questions are trite dumb bullshit like you'd read in smash hits. Not much depth to it. Good for his image but not much in terms of revelation.

johndivney wrote:

It is a reminder of how abnormal his life is tho - the way the crowd swelled after the event, so many people wanting something from him. I imagine for other speakers at these events that behaviour is not typical, they're not mobbed afterwards. That's what being a rock star is tho I suppose, part of the price to pay.

AtariLegend wrote:

Any Paul Tobias questions?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Any Paul Tobias questions?

I'd have asked that. Always liked him.

Board footer