You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Terrorist Attack @ Pulse in Orlando

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

A single shot for any gun can kill someone

That's enough damage for me to know that guns should be regulated...there are way too many mass murders in the United states for anyone to be able to defend this issue IMO there are police forces and armies to handle this kind of shit...civilians don't need weapons

It's always stated that Americans need guns to defend themselves...yet whenever it matters most the guns aren't handy to do so

Because terrorists and villains attack gun free zones like bars, schools, churches, movie theaters. They don't go to places where people carry guns. But yes, we have too many shootings.

France doesn't have guns. They still had a deadly mass shooting.

I don't have the answers. Bad people have guns.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm starting to think you don't even read how one sided everything you post is, and it started long before trump, but you keep living in your dream world.

It really is as simple as I make it. I don't have to pretend to be smarter than anyone.   Your words take care of that for me. See, I never claim to know it all, but I can tell right from wrong and one sided from objectivity.  You are far, far from objective.

14 !!

A new twist... The shooter was apparently a self-hating gay man. And Isis just endorsed him.

http://gawker.com/multiple-people-say-t … 1781932976

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

A single shot for any gun can kill someone

That's enough damage for me to know that guns should be regulated...there are way too many mass murders in the United states for anyone to be able to defend this issue IMO there are police forces and armies to handle this kind of shit...civilians don't need weapons

It's always stated that Americans need guns to defend themselves...yet whenever it matters most the guns aren't handy to do so

Because terrorists and villains attack gun free zones like bars, schools, churches, movie theaters. They don't go to places where people carry guns. But yes, we have too many shootings.

France doesn't have guns. They still had a deadly mass shooting.

I don't have the answers. Bad people have guns.

Also, there are places where the police force is made up of two officers, some of the most dangerous areas are rural and poor, who don't have swat teams, etc. They literally have to defend themselves. I was in a situation recently that almost got really ugly with a complete lunatic I'd never met before, and in those moments you'll be glad you are armed.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I was in a situation recently that almost got really ugly with a complete lunatic I'd never met before, and in those moments you'll be glad you are armed.

I posted this on a different forum but I'll say it here since you mentioned a good example...

Have no idea how anyone could/would protect themselves in an ongoing massacre but I do have some advice for more personal situations where its you and a handful of people and someone pulls a gun on you. It's happened to me several times over the years.

Don't act scared. Read the situation immediately. If you were speaking while the gun gets pulled out, finish what you are saying. Don't look to the ground and don't just stare at that gun. Look the person in the eye and for the love of God don't cower down. Do not run. THis is no guarantee you wont get shot but I can assure you that your chances of not getting shot go up dramatically. The low life types who carry guns are generally flat out pussies and when they see that the phallic symbol they need to project is not intimidating you, they're inclined to just put it away. Also do NOT tell them to put the gun away. Not only are you showing fear but they may interpret the request as you trying to take control of the situation. THey already know they are in a pickle when you are not afraid of the gun...it means you will possibly cave their jaw in once the gun is out of the equation. Let them put two and two together themselves and they'll realize they will be safe(for the time being) with the gun put away since it will still be in their possession.

misterID

misterID wrote:

My situation happened while driving and this weirdo followed me home.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

List of countries by firearm-related death rate

Per 100.000

Australia 0.9 (Port Arthur was a wake up call)
Belgium 1.8
Norway 1.7
Sweden 1.4
United Kingtom 0.2 (wow)
Switzerland 3.0
United States 10

You have a problem. BUT, you do beat Brazil and El Salvador. lol

But its not like you don't know how to regulate things. Take abortion for example. You sure know how to regulate abortion. I guess abortion, a female right, is more serious than mass shootings.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The suicide rate in N. Europe is much more worrying than gun deaths. Over 500 per year in Norway alone. Over ten times the murder rate.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

The debate on gun control was lost when you guys decided easy access to guns was more important than children being murdered.

polluxlm wrote:

The suicide rate in N. Europe is much more worrying than gun deaths. Over 500 per year in Norway alone. Over ten times the murder rate.

The suicide rate in N. Europe is worrying... has nothing to do with this though:ummm:

This was a hate crime against LGBT people and it was a terrorist attack. It can be both at once. The only question is whether it was motivated by relgion, it appears that it might have been.

Trump's argument that "this loon wouldn't be here if his parents hadn't immigrated here and gave birth to him here, therefore ban immigration to stop more like him being born" is ridiculous. Basically a flagrant admission that your society sucks at integrating with other cultures and the best solution to the problem is avoid dealing with it. Fucking joke.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Trump's argument that "this loon wouldn't be here if his parents hadn't immigrated here and gave birth to him here, therefore ban immigration to stop more like him being born" is ridiculous. Basically a flagrant admission that your society sucks at integrating with other cultures and the best solution to the problem is avoid dealing with it. Fucking joke.

Yes, agreed.  I think the issue is more that people for some reason have a hard time integrating with our society.  I would think this is the place to be and I would do anything I had to in order to fit in.  Clearly not everyone feels that way.  I'd rather they just leave though instead of trying to attack us for what we are or what we represent.

It's equally loony to think that banning assault rifles would have prevented even 1 death.  Bad guys always manage to get guns regardless of what the laws are...that is a fact.  It's also crazy that today both Obama and Hillary were going on and on about how calling it Islamic extremists accomplishes nothing.  That's not really true.  It wouldn't prevent the attack, that part is true.  But what it would do is point out the there is a difference between Muslims and these people.  Sometimes being inclusive is a bad thing.  We put so much emphasis on not offending someone that we hurt the greater cause. 

The other thing I heard was that Trump was wrong to respond the way he did because you have to respond to stuff like this with grace.  Ummm...what has that done for us so far?  Look, Trump says a lot of things I don't agree with completely, but it's kind of nice to see an actual response instead of some politically correct mumbo jumbo.  Fuck that shit...tell us how you really feel.  It's okay to have emotion.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The suicide rate in N. Europe is worrying... has nothing to do with this though:ummm:

I guess my point was banning stuff like guns doesn't remove the sickness from your society.

Board footer