You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Izzy Stradlin & Matt Sorum collaborate on new track F.P. Money

James wrote:

https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/status/748381519127928832

https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/status/748382105877553154

----

Very cool. Clip sounds very promising.

GNR on tour.....Izzy working on new material that now includes Matt......

2016 is shaping up to be an incredible year.

James

James wrote:

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Excited to hear the full version.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Nice track. All Izzy.

I noticed the BTS vid of Detroit GN'R put out showing all the work and rehearsing involved to make this tour take off...

The whole time i'm thinking...

"Izzy wouldn't be caught dead near this scene"

Not Izzy's gig man. That big ass shit. He might've gotten offended, but Izzy wouldn't have lasted 5 dates imo before he bailed. Izzy's days of extended touring in front of 40,000+ people, more so if it was a festival... those days are long gone. Izzy didn't have that work ethic in 1991-92. Why would he now?

Axl, Slash & Duff knew that. Thus the reason they didn't want to cut him in. imho

Even if an AFD 5 original reunion happens, i'm convinced at this point it'll be a novelty, or something that will be done for 5-6 shows, with a DVD planned, and then that's it, it's over. Similar to what Dokken will be doing this fall in Japan.

James

James wrote:

I never really liked the whole "Izzy is a flake" thing even though there's smoke near that fire and have defended him many times over the eons(its not easy), but I agree.

THis tour is massive, it shows no signs of slowing down, then take into account the current band dynamic and everything that goes into a shindig of this magnitude like you pointed out and I'm not sure if he would even want it.

Its cool that he's on twitter and creating music and giving his fans a taste but I really wish he'd do an interview with a mainstream media outlet and clear the air on some of this shit.

My ultimate pipe dream besides new material is Izzy in the lineup(even temporarily) and performing Dust N Bones and while the chances are not looking good, if the chances are less than zero, lets hear the bad news so fans wont yearn for a carrot that will forever be out of our grasp.

When this first started gaining traction last year I wondered how it would go down without him.....especially how the media would react to his absence and would they continually point it out. They haven't and its clearly not even an issue. When fans like me who never liked Fortus all of a sudden accept him without hesitation and are ok with the 2016 lineup being the permanent lineup til we run out of road, his absence isn't even on the radar of the general public.

Adler is no different and his situation is worse. At least casual fans can look up GNR songs and see Izzy's stamp all over them.

johndivney wrote:

Izzy is kickin out the motherfuckin jams.

This collective slap in the face from Axl/Duffer/Slash is clearly fuelling some creativity.

I can't describe how cool it is he's turning it into something positive.

Izzy is still the heart n soul & true keeper of the Guns flame.

Fuck those overblown fat fucking jerks who cut him out for Richard fuckin Fortus. Christ almighty they really didn't think that through. Greedy idiots.

James, I don't think he needs to do an interview to clear the air. The proof is in the pudding. He's telling us everything in his music. Which is the way it should be.

johndivney wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

When this first started gaining traction last year I wondered how it would go down without him.....especially how the media would react to his absence and would they continually point it out. They haven't and its clearly not even an issue. When fans like me who never liked Fortus all of a sudden accept him without hesitation and are ok with the 2016 lineup being the permanent lineup til we run out of road, his absence isn't even on the radar of the general public.

Fuck the casual fans.
Fuck the Fortus sympathisers. Those shiteaters who think he's good for the performance, that he's reliable.
Fuck those morons who think Izzy flaked out. Fuck those dickheads who think Izzy can't cut it.
Fuck fat fucking Axl & spineless Slash & greedy Duff who coulda been a great politician the way he's played this whole charade.
Fuck Richard Fortus. Someone buy him a shirt that fuckin fits for fucks sake.

We can fucking hear it & by those vibrations fuckin feel it. Izzy's in the groove. Long may he run.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Solo izzy is a little too tom petty for me

pacu44
 Rep: 3 

pacu44 wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Nice track. All Izzy.

I noticed the BTS vid of Detroit GN'R put out showing all the work and rehearsing involved to make this tour take off...

The whole time i'm thinking...

"Izzy wouldn't be caught dead near this scene"

Not Izzy's gig man. That big ass shit. He might've gotten offended, but Izzy wouldn't have lasted 5 dates imo before he bailed. Izzy's days of extended touring in front of 40,000+ people, more so if it was a festival... those days are long gone. Izzy didn't have that work ethic in 1991-92. Why would he now?

Axl, Slash & Duff knew that. Thus the reason they didn't want to cut him in. imho

Even if an AFD 5 original reunion happens, i'm convinced at this point it'll be a novelty, or something that will be done for 5-6 shows, with a DVD planned, and then that's it, it's over. Similar to what Dokken will be doing this fall in Japan.

Huh? Where do you come up with this? Quit reading Axl news clips...

pacu44
 Rep: 3 

pacu44 wrote:
johndivney wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Fuck the casual fans.
Fuck the Fortus sympathisers. Those shiteaters who think he's good for the performance, that he's reliable.
Fuck those morons who think Izzy flaked out. Fuck those dickheads who think Izzy can't cut it.
Fuck fat fucking Axl & spineless Slash & greedy Duff who coulda been a great politician the way he's played this whole charade.
Fuck Richard Fortus. Someone buy him a shirt that fuckin fits for fucks sake.

We can fucking hear it & by those vibrations fuckin feel it. Izzy's in the groove. Long may he run.

+1

Board footer