You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: 9/7/16 NISSAN STADIUM, NASHVILLE, TN UNITED STATES

Gibbo wrote:

I heard Adlers not going to be at the next show dont know how true it is

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

johndivney wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I'm honestly more interested in a Fortus/Slash combo than an Izzy/Slash one at this point. I'm interested to hear what they'd sound like in studio, for one thing. And Fortus has shown loyalty to the band over the last decade and a half; Izzy turned up for a pay cheque on the last few tours and threw a hissy fit when he didn't get a bigger cut on this one.

I don't understand this at all. Look at the songwriting quality of Izzy vs Fortus.
Why let loyalty dictate quality of product? Makes no sense to me..

Because what they want is a slick touring production that goes without a hitch. Which is what they have now. If songwriting is the issue, well, GN'R has a history of writing collaborations with people who aren't actually in the band (West Arkeen, Paul Huge, Chris Weber). And we know Izzy has collaborated with both Axl and VR on songs in the past.

johndivney wrote:

Nah I don't see it myself. Izzy's one of the great rhythm men of rock history. His rightful place is in his band. Fortus is just a hired hand, time to let him go. He's not a vital cog to this 'slick touring machine', take him out and he whole thing stops running?? Meh.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Let him go? Who's going to play rhythm? 14

I'd love to see Izzy write with the band, but he's not what you want in a full time member when constant touring is the main meal ticket. Guy is a flake, we all know it.

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Let him go? Who's going to play rhythm? 14

I'd love to see Izzy write with the band, but he's not what you want in a full time member when constant touring is the main meal ticket. Guy is a flake, we all know it.

That is such bullshit.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If 1987 Izzy showed up fuck yes. But 2016 flake Izzy I don't know. I mean we have no evidence he will bust ass to learn songs and play them well. I love Izzy but that is my fear. He is less reliable than Adler.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I don't understand this at all. Look at the songwriting quality of Izzy vs Fortus.
Why let loyalty dictate quality of product? Makes no sense to me..

Because other than a vague "maybe we'll get to it one day" there doesn't seem to be any direct plans for songwriting.

Seems the current plan is to do these USA dates then a massive world tour of the same.

Songwriting excluded, if the game is just rendering the old songs then fortus is the better player. Izzy doesn't have a distinctive rhythm sound - so it's not like how odd sounded replacing slash with Robin/DJ, or Axl with Myles. Basically anyone can play the backing chords. But fortus does it prettier with all the additional voicings he uses - and he can also trade leads with Slash better than Izzy can chops wise.

Fortus as an employee is also 100% certain to not walk out. Izzy as a guy who helped create the band but now demoted to a non-partner may well bail if he gets pissed off. He does have a history of it even outside of GNR - there's stories of him vanishing on his own band during rehersal when he lost interest in the project.

If they're going to continue GNR as a creative force - sure bring in Izzy - but if the plan is touring the hits - the quality of the product may actually work out better with fortus.

Although how you feel about Richard is how I feel about Frank. It's not that he's bad - it's just they have multiple better drummers on the sidelines so they can maintain loyalty to the replacement of the replacement's replacement session guy. Really it's time he did a DJ and respectfully remove himself. It's kinda comical that the guy who wrote the drum part to jungle is out the back having a soda while the band's 32nd live drummer covers it during the reunion.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

If they're going to continue GNR as a creative force - sure bring in Izzy - but if the plan is touring the hits - the quality of the product may actually work out better with fortus.

Even then, Izzy can contribute in studio and participate in the writing process while Fortus tours with the band and Izzy guests. It just seems like a satisfactory solution all round, assuming Izzy's happy with the paycheque.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Some fair points but someone send me a memo when Fortus can write anything resembling ANY of Izzy's work.

I agree Fortus is quite capable of handling a tour but lets not diminish Izzy. There are plenty of bootlegs showing what Izzy brings to a GNR show.

It sucks for Izzy but he will never get over the thing about being labeled a flake.

johndivney wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

It sucks for Izzy but he will never get over the thing about being labeled a flake.

I'm sure he's not bothered. It's just lamentable all these supposed fans, who by rights owe him a huge debit of gratitude, can't pool their half arsed wisdom & come up with some synonyms for him. Every fuckin time they take a crap on one of the guys who built the empire they fall back on the same shitty baseless insult. Flake? He's got balls, & integrity. Which none of these halfwits will ever understand.

If they really want Richard they're welcome to him. Suckers.

Board footer