You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

I'm with James. Almost never on my phone. I think election night I was tho.  The keyboard & spending too much time on it bothers me, plus the bright LED/LCD lights kills my eyes, especially when in the dark/watching TV. I wear glasses now & think that's a bit of a result.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

. I'd like to know how genuine his run really was and at what point he may have started taking it seriously.

That's an interesting question. For the primary, I would say after Jeb bounced out.  For the General, I would say he mostly stood with it. He did get a good bounce after the RNC convention. Then I'd say after he hung in there in the polls after the 1st debate. There were ebbs & flows, but I think he mostly felt he had a chance.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

James, Neemo....is it time for a GNR-Evo app? I would download that in a heartbeat.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Quotes from Trump's new chief strategist

Cx_LL8l_CUc_AAhb_Ty.jpg

President-elect Donald Trump's announcement of "alt-right" news executive Stephen Bannon as White House chief strategist has prompted plenty of backlash.

It's not just liberals who don't like the former chairman of Breitbart News -- even conservative commentator Glenn Beck called Bannon a "nightmare" and a "terrifying man."

We took a look at some of the things Bannon, who is celebrated by the white nationalist movement, has said over the years. Plenty of them are offensive, so consider this a warning.

On why liberals hate conservative women like Anne Coulter and Michele Bachmann

" [T]hese women cut to the heart of the progressive narrative. That’s why there are some unintended consequences of the women’s liberation movement. That, in fact, the women that would lead this country would be pro-family, they would have husbands, they would love their children. They wouldn’t be a bunch of dykes that came from the Seven Sisters schools up in New England." -- 2011 radio interview with Political Vindication Radio

On sending his girls to an elite academy in Los Angeles

He "didn't want the girls going to school with Jews ... He said he doesn’t like Jews and that he doesn’t like the way they raise their kids to be ‘whiney brats.'" -- The Guardian, from his wife in court documents filed in 2007. Bannon has denied saying it.

On what keeps him going

"Fear is a good thing. Fear is going to lead you to take action." -- Richmond-Times Dispatch

On furthering Tea Party goals

"I’m a Leninist ... Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment." -- The Daily Beast

On Breitbart News

"We're the platform for the alt-right." --Mother Jones

"We call ourselves 'the Fight Club.' You don’t come to us for warm and fuzzy." -- The Washington Post

“We think of ourselves as virulently anti-establishment, particularly ‘anti-’ the permanent political class. We say Paul Ryan was grown in a petri dish at the Heritage Foundation." -- The Washington Post

"We hire people who are freaks" and "They don’t have social lives."-- The Washington Post

On the Occupy Movement
"After making the Occupy movie, when you finish watching the film, you want to take a hot shower ... You want to go home and shower because you’ve just spent an hour and fifteen minutes with the greasiest, dirtiest people you will ever see." -- The Atlantic

On his favorite group of Republicans, the GOP
"What we need to do is bitch-slap the Republican Party." -- The Atlantic

"Leadership are all c*nts" and "We should just go buck wild." -- The Daily Beast, from an email exchange.

On charges of anti-Semitism from former Breitbart editor-at-large Ben Shapiro

"Are there anti-Semitic people involved in the alt-right? Absolutely. Are there racist people involved in the alt-right? Absolutely. But I don't believe that the movement overall is anti-Semitic." -- Mother Jones. Shapiro quit Breitbart News after Trump's then campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, allegedly assaulted Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields. He accused Bannon of turning Breitbart "into Trump’s personal Pravda."

http://mashable.com/2016/11/14/steve-bannon-quotes.amp

Breitbart News’ Worst Headlines

Untitled.png

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has hired Breitbart News executive chairman Stephen Bannon as his new campaign chief executive.

Media Matters looks back at the some of Breitbart News’ most outrageous and over-the-top headlines during Bannon’s tenure:

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/08/1 … nes/212467

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

On the job training for the Executive branch. Sounds like reality is setting in for the KKK endorsed conman...lucky for him Obama will show Trump how to do his job before he leaves. roll

Donald Trump reportedly 'surprised at the scope' of the president's duties

Donald Trump will be getting more help from the White House during the next several months than incoming presidents typically receive, The Wall Street Journal reports.

People with knowledge of Trump's meeting on Thursday with President Obama told the Journal Obama realized that Trump, who has no experience in government or the military, will need more guidance, and he will spend more time with him than previously expected. As Obama explained the duties that come along with running the country, "Trump seemed surprised by the scope," the Journal reports, and Trump's aides were also "unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama's term."

Trump's transition team is not where it needs to be, people familiar with the process told WSJ. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) was supposed to lead the team, but he was replaced Friday by Mike Pence, the vice president-elect, following the conviction of Christie's onetime allies in the Bridgegate scandal. The team has been late in making announcements and decisions because of this, but also because Trump's own advisers were shocked he won on Tuesday and have been scrambling, a senior aide told WSJ. The communications director for the transition team declined to comment to the Journal. Catherine Garcia

http://theweek.com/speedreads/661806/do … nts-duties

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, an article written by David Horowitz is a sure sign that Bannon is anti semitic! 14

Actually, Andrew Breitbart himself was Jewish, so I don't know how well this association game is going to go.

johndivney wrote:

The 1930's are so in right now.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

SLC, here is a link about as credible as yours:

http://www.infowars.com/report-hillary- … -election/

Can you believe Clinton went into a murderous rage and tried to kill her staff ?!?!?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He posted all those quotes and that's what you latch onto.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

He posted all those quotes and that's what you latch onto.

Which quote was evidence of racism?

No, the first female president won't be a butch dyke with "never touched by man" tattoo.  Is that a shocker?

Board footer