You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Just read an article about the first confirmed case of Russians and Republicans colluding to influence an election.

It was a House of Representatives election in Florida last fall.

Some computer program called "Gucifer 2.0"

Maybe someone can post it.

From the Wall Street Journal. Love the quote at the end. What a sack of shit that guy is. As long as it hurts your political opposition, who cares f it's from the Russians?

How Alleged Russian Hacker Teamed Up With Florida GOP Operative

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-allege … 1495724787

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

The real question then becomes, why?

Yes that is the real question and if they wont stop pushing this issue, I want the "experts" to answer it.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

They need to move on from that one because it is a non issue. The US always has secret backdoor channels to the Russians. The Kennedys did as well. I never heard of cries for impeachment and that was during an insane chapter of the cold war.

I suppose the issue at hand is exactly WHAT the channel is/was for. If so, push that angle. Instead its, "OMG!!! White House has channels to Russia!!"

Who gives a rat's ass.

Unbelievable James.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I have to admit I don't quite know what all of this means...but my gut reaction lately is im kind of horrified.

This is all making me sick to my stomach. No matter what now...things are never going to be the same.

And in general my distrust of the government is higher than ever. The DNC is guilty too.

I don't feel like our government is representative of anything right now. Who would vote for this? Or even want it? No one is winning.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I know where he got this idea. From the movie with Ben Affleck when he too has a secret channel with the Kremlin. Everyone relax. We have had these for decades, according to Hollywood anyway.

They need to move on from that one because it is a non issue. The US always has secret backdoor channels to the Russians. The Kennedys did as well. I never heard of cries for impeachment and that was during an insane chapter of the cold war.

I suppose the issue at hand is exactly WHAT the channel is/was for. If so, push that angle. Instead its, "OMG!!! White House has channels to Russia!!"

Who gives a rat's ass.

I keep telling you guys, this faux outrage over every Trump move by the media and the zombies on social media is going to weaken any real scandal.

James, I don't think both sides were involved when Russia was focused on only getting one person elected.

Oh please. Russia wont take a partisan approach. They know how our system works. For the sake of this conversation lets Say Trump is in Putin's back pocket. That will only go so far. You're also going to need congressmen from both sides of the aisle if you actually plan on doing anything.

I watched his whole NATO speech. Dear Lord. His dressing down of our allies a bit over the top and should've been done privately.

People are blowing that "shove" waaaaaaay out of proportion. It is a perfect example of the media focusing on the wrong things and it will weaken the public's reaction to legitimate issues.

They just had presidential historians explain what backdoor channels are because conservatives were jumping on this tonight; basically the backdoor channels were used during the cold war to prevent politics from getting in the way and causing nuclear annihilation, it was NOT used to specifically keep US intelligence from knowing about communications. They definitely didn't take place while the President's son in law was also having secret meetings with Russian banks.

That...makes no sense. If they have evidence against Trump they don't need democrats.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

^^^

Yes. This was specifically to keep our government excluded from their communication with Russia. He also wanted to set it up in a Russian diplomatic facility to ensure our government was completely excluded.

I mean...come the fuck on.

James

James wrote:

Yes. This was specifically to keep our government excluded from their communication with Russia. He also wanted to set it up in a Russian diplomatic facility to ensure our government was completely excluded.

You're getting to the heart of the matter regarding my feelings on this issue....

Why? Exclude them from what exactly? While I'm not Einstein, I consider myself fairly intelligent and I am drawing blanks on what is exactly supposed to be going on here.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I was going to post this earlier but forgot, but a CNN democratic analyst saying Trump and republicans were getting voted in because whites don't like brown people (I shit you not, that was his answer) reminded me of it. Taibi touches on that. The problem is a lot of far left libs don't even acknowledge the disconnect, it just goes back to brown people hating bigots. That's not a fucking message. Neither is Trump being a bad guy.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/fe … ge-w484569

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Btw...I particularly liked how trump went to the summit and didn't listen to anyone speak. However he did expect to be listened to when he was speaking.

So much hubris and ignorance. What a POS.

James

James wrote:

The problem is a lot of far left libs don't even acknowledge the disconnect, it just goes back to brown people hating bigots. That's not a fucking message. Neither is Trump being a bad guy.

And that's why this type of thing is going to happen again...and again....and again.

We're eventually going to get a real dictator type that makes Trump look like a saint.

The swamp is in need of draining and not at the executive level, whether Trump or Obama. Congress needs to be drained on both sides of the aisle. Get rid of the Pelosis and Ryans and that's when you'll start to see some real change. These people don't give a rat's ass about anyone and that is even more ctystal clear now than ever before.

The rise of Trump should've been a wake up call of sorts. It wasn't. Nobody learned a goddamn thing. Yeah he wasn't the outsider people were expecting but that's beside the point now. Its now been proven that the American people will vote for who they believe is an outsider with zero experience. On one hand its frightening, on the other...its incredible. It wont be the last time that happens.

Russia is Trump's Obamacare. We get to hear about it for 4-8 years while nothing gets done. Yay!

Board footer