You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

Yeah, just read that. Really great reporting. O'Keefe is a little bitch.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Will Mark Cuban be the guy we all rally around?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Will Mark Cuban be the guy we all rally around?

If we insist on electing celebrities then yes that makes a lot of sense.

But let's face it...Trump's campaign was a big giant promo for the main event (except the main event wasn't wrestlemania...it was the 2016 election. I can see the Rock giving Trump a real run for his money. Especially if that energizes voters to get out.

Sad thing is though...that means all this really amounts to is a high school homecoming election fro prom king and queen. Nothing of substance will ever be talked about and any idea or change will be assessed based on the popularity of the person proposing it.

I can also see the right female celebrity making an impact too if she's a fast talker and can counter punch Trump with WWF type promos during her campaign.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I can also see the right female celebrity making an impact too if she's a fast talker and can counter punch Trump with WWF type promos during her campaign.

I find democrats less apt to place a heavy emphasis on a pretty faced female. Give Kim Kardashian a gun & a speaking role at an NRA convention & she's your next President. Just look at Sarah Palin & Toni Lohren.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I find democrats less apt to place a heavy emphasis on a pretty faced female. Give Kim Kardashian a gun & a speaking role at an NRA convention & she's your next President. Just look at Sarah Palin & Toni Lohren.

very true...the popularity of a pretty bimbo who basically falls in line with the conservative message will go far in this country.

Palin's biggest most successful moments came when she was just basically repeating what all the men in the Republican party were saying. She never contributed anything new or intellectual.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Is this tax bill really going to pass or what? The more I read about it, the more it seems like an abomination for the vast majority of people in this country.

And now I'm hearing that cities and states around the country are offering Amazon and other large corporations massive tax cuts to new businesses that open in their respective cities and states.

As I understand...any payroll tax that that an employee pays will effectively be returned to the business....so workers end up paying taxes back to the companies they work for...just think about that for a second...if you work in the new Amazon headquarters, any monies you pay in to payroll tax would be returned to Amazon when they filed their tax returns in April every year.

How will there be any public services left after this? Some of these deals being offered are for 30 fukin years.

Finally, we really have become the Corporate States of America.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The tax bill can only lose 1 more GOP vote and it won't pass.

But, yeah, it screws the vast majority of people, especially those who can least afford more taxes.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think Republicans are gonna steer clear of this. It's the end of the year & who knows what the next 2-3 months or so of the Mueller investigation will bring up (Kushners been put away, something tells me they know he's caught). In the end they're probably gonna wanna distance themselves from Trump once indictments hit. I really don't think Trump completes 2018.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I've said it before I think, but tax cuts during a strong economy is idiocy. What happens when the tide inevitably changes and we're in a recession? Then the revenue dips would be even greater and our deficits would be even worse. We'd be in a downturn with little-to-no leverage and mounting debt. This is before we even begin to look at how they are making the cuts in the first place and how immoral that is. The bottom line is the GOP donors expect their payback right now. I'm curious to see what happens to the stock market if it doesn't go through. A great deal of this "exuberance" is anticipating tax cuts in the future and cheap money.

It's looking like Flynn cooperating is really bad news for Trump. Kushner also looks like he's in a world of poop, and if he is, then Don Jr. most certainly is.

Trump's disrespect to these code talkers over the weekend was really something else. How dare we kneel at a football game, it's outrageous, but use racial slurs and talk to these men like they're morons is perfectly OK.

Of course he's pushing for the child molester in Alabama too. Anything for a tax cuts. At least some Republicans are against Moore....some.

How much lower are we going to go?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

How much lower are we going to go?

In a society where some boys wear dresses to school, girls join boy scouts, a tranny bathroom on every street corner, a white girl identifies herself as a black man, a student needs a cup of hot chocolate and a trauma dog if someone calls them a bad name.....

Trump's not even close to scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Board footer