You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

I guess you missed it when I said I wasn't a big fan?

Of course I didn't miss it. That's why I brought it up. You even give him credit for things you're apparently not a fan of but blame all of its negatives on the opposing side. Cant get any more partisan than that. 15

So they deserve ZERO blame for intentionally raising peoples premiums??

When did I say that? BOTH sides are to blame. Period.

I personally know people ACA has helped, and getting millions of people insured, stopping insurance companies from kicking people off their insurance when they get sick I consider a good thing. But there needs to be a cap on prescriptions and medical procedures and allow people to opt into their medicare early and pay for coverage. Any healthcare bill is useless without those things. Along with a real medicare fraud agency and start cracking down on these doctors. Until you have elderly parents, you have no idea how bad the fraud is. And SG was blaming Obama for the premium increase and it would not have happened had it not been foir Rubio's shenanigans.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

James, Cali is voting on pot legalization?

Yeah...finally. Proposition 64. I haven't smoked weed in eons but had to vote for it. The pros outweigh the cons but I am in the very small group of former and current drug users who will freely admit its a gateway drug.

I personally know people ACA has helped, and getting millions of people insured, stopping insurance companies from kicking people off their insurance when they get sick I consider a good thing. But there needs to be a cap on prescriptions and medical procedures and allow people to opt into their medicare early and pay for coverage. Any healthcare bill is useless without those things. Along with a real medicare fraud agency and start cracking down on these doctors. Until you have elderly parents, you have no idea how bad the fraud is. And SG was blaming Obama for the premium increase and it would kit have happened had it not been foir Rubio's shenanigans.

It needs to be overhauled badly. Both sides knew what they were doing....I'm not giving one of them a free pass just because one person gets to be assigned blame for the political game.

As far as premiums go, that nightmare was correctly predicted before it was even passed.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Even Barack hinted premiums would go up some.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The guy who did the upholstery on my car seat told me the ACA caused his property tax to go up.

True story.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Cramer wrote:

The guy who did the upholstery on my car seat told me the ACA caused his property tax to go up.

True story.

Dude, you're cracking me up.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Even Barack hinted premiums would go up some.

What about Rubio?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:
Cramer wrote:

True story.

Dude, you're cracking me up.

haha, I'm dead serious though about that story. I'm a magnet for right wing peeps who want to complain about Obama or Hillary every fucking time I leave the house. The barbershop, the autoshop, the upholster, the fuckin' cashier at the grocery store...every single time.

Although one of  my funniest was a customer who I later found out was hooked up with Rubio and his wife was a Republican strategist. I was in their home and she says "You just won't believe what these Democrats will do." I just said "Yea, I could imagine, crazy." hahaha

Now here's one that will really give you a belly laugh. Lets see how Trump diehards roll with this one, haha

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Cramer wrote:

True story.

Increased premiums and clients caused the local insurance company to explode and they invested in flipping houses, which raised the property value of the houses around him. It could happen.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Cramer wrote:

True story.

Increased premiums and clients caused the local insurance company to explode and they invested in flipping houses, which raised the property value of the houses around him. It could happen.

That's quite a stretch IMO. Also, I've seen no increase in my property taxes, so I guess it's just that guy.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

anyone discuss what Megyn Kelly has been talking about all night or should we ignor it because it is on Fox?

Board footer