You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: AFD_30

monkeychow wrote:

I'm so pathetic really.

Like I was mad last night because I felt they misled us wth the #AFD30 thing.

Also it frustrates me how easily they could make something epic I like (generic slash riff, couple of token Axl screams and i'd buy it!!) but yet they seem to have no interest in recording.

These things can bring a guy to tears haahahah.

But at the same time there was also some killer shit last night.

Gibbo found some awesome videos online....

Even though I'm mad I can forgive them watching cool shit like that!

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Guys somethings wrong with Monkey.

He's being too positive it's really creeping me out.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

And the AFD30 billboards and such are acknowledging a landmark album, but at no point was last nights show officially labeled as a celebration of that album. I understand people making that assumption,

Well from the other side of the coin, i can understand why longterm fans as us who have been jaded by all the previous misfires choose to believe in nothing....but I think it's stretching it to imply it's all fans making an assumption.

Lets be honest - the band got a custom channel on the radio dedicated to them, they set a tour date on the exact anniversary of their most famous album's landmark birthday, instead of a regular stadium show they chose to make it in an intimate famous theatre and make tickets prizes etc, they hung up billboards around the city of the theatre in advance saying #afd30, they used that same hashtag all across their social media in the days leading up to the show, then the venue itsself was reportedly decked out in AFD30 posters and logos.....

So if anyone assumed this show had something to do with AFD30 and not just another NITL show....well then really the band have themselves to blame for that.....

I'm not blaming anyone for expecting something different last night, I get why they did. I just didn't expect it myself. The band probably would've been flamed for celebrating the AFD anniversary in front of an exclusive crowd filled with celebrities, SiriusXM execs and employees, etc. I can almost guarantee people would be complaining that the real fans were disrespected by not having the opportunity to be in attendance.

Adler is not walking through that door. Izzy is not walking through that door. Sorum is not walking through that door. This is the lineup. They've shown what they can do and play. I wouldn't hold my breath on them breaking out some deep cuts. They have their routine down, and they're doing a pretty solid job with it across the globe. Changes will have to be made eventually or it'll just come to an end, but for now this is all we've got. And it ain't that bad.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

These videos are stellar. Still think Axl sounds like garbage on Jungle. Especially that first verse.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Brett wrote:

I'm on the youtube stream during Patience and some chatter named "jameslofton" chatted something like GO AWAY AXL MOUSE (not making it up, just saying truth)

EDIT:

Also has said

IZZY

and something along the lines of Axl is a disgrace haha

I find it hard to believe that in 2017, trolls are still posting negative shit about GNR using my name on other sites. It didn't surprise me 10 years ago when I was well known and very active on the sites but now it is beyond pathetic.

Adler is not walking through that door. Izzy is not walking through that door. Sorum is not walking through that door. This is the lineup.

I also believe its this until the end of the line.

Just watched the title track. They should re-record and re-release that and it'll be a hit and the general public will think its a brand new song.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash is such a fucking boss. He makes the show.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Those videos are awesome! That CD performance was stellar.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Slash seems to really get into CD when he plays it. I thought the same when I saw them live. Shame they forgot to bring Richard up in the mix until his solo was nearly over 16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm hearing a lot more interesting guitar work going on here. Slash's growth on the guitar is clearly evident. Fortus also is playing the Buckethead role in some areas, using techniques I often hear from him. That's about the most redeemable thing I'm seeing here, other than the obvious fact Duff and Slash are back.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Any time I seek out a boot from these shows the first thing I look for is CD. Feel like it's the track, old or new, that sounds the freshest on the NITL tour. And you can tell Slash gets into it.

Board footer