You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Guns N' Roses planning new album - 'It's too good not to happen!'

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

No one is denying Slash and Duff worked on a couple tracks. The massive doubt is that it ever surfaced ANYWHERE....much less in hoarder hands.

The material being hoarded has been hoarded for at least 14 years. The further you get removed from those original sources it'll knock a few years off that time but all this stuff was on the forums when we were still whining about AFD rehash, Bucket, and madison was on mygnr spazzing out about Sp1at.

Some people don't realize how long that stuff was around. They simply think 2006. No....that's when some of it leaked.

James, I love you man, but that's not what was said, he was doubting Slash did that. My post said those songs exist, not that anyone has them.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I do wish a hoarder would 'come clean'. Doesn't have to even leak everything...I'd just like the full story.

I was in the position of getting several major peaks behind several curtains in those years but I don't remember certain details, not sure on the time frames(say no to drugs!), and I also worry about letting something slip that isn't supposed to slip. I always hesitate when these hoarder/CD song discussions pop up.

Certain people always knew that anything that came my way stayed confidential and even though we're in 2017, most of them are gone, and it doesn't really matter, I don't like to betray confidences.

I will say something though. Pretty sure I've said this before.....

Certain parts of those stories were intentional lies/ smokescreens to weed out all the fakes that were sure to come out of the woodwork. Pretty smart actually.

If you have a list of hoarders, their locations, and lists of songs.....some of it is fiction.

lance

lance wrote:

You guys know better and it is laughable that narrative is molested in such a way.

Jim is Warchild fact not opinion

Some of you have leaks and don't share.
#so sad

lance

lance wrote:

James you know I respect you and would call you a friend

The problem I have and now have made it public you are the only one to pass the test since I rejoined the forums in 16.

And you aren't saying shit.

Atlas is real and more leaks exist and different versions of songs.

Sorry bud but your the key

James

James wrote:

I'm the key?!?

I'll be honest.....there was a small window about 10-11 years ago where I could've played both sides against the middle and played a role in something big happening but everybody involved knew I wasn't going to do that....

I know I'm unlikely to "say shit". Anything I know is out of date anyways.

Of course its real. There's unlikely to be new, updated versions of the track in circulation though....but as Kermit would say, that's none of my business.

lance

lance wrote:

You don't grasp what I am saying

No one else in the almost 2 years I've been back knows shit.

I used to know a lot and had a lot .

But the fuckers have disappeared.

What do I need to prove ?????

misterID

misterID wrote:

Is it me or is this coming off as riddles? I'm totally lost.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

"And no offense but no one's trying to talk in parables"

Except Lance, I guess.

Anyway, I'm past the point of caring about this shit. If anyone ever has anything to share, hit me up with a PM.

I'll be in my shed in the wilderness until 2020. Best of luck kids.

James

James wrote:

Lance:

Yeah.....many people from back then disappeared. LIke I said, I wish my memory was better because I've even forgot some names.

As far as people around now knowing shit...yep. You can spot them in a NY minute. You can tell they are later forum members simply parroting what they've read others say....and usually half the info is wrong.

I'm gonna mention an incident on gong's site that took place in the 2009-11 period and I mean no offense towards him or the other members.

Some dipshit claimed he had Silkworms. Even Helen Keller knew the guy's clip was fake....a 'remaster' of the Rio version. I didn't even hear it and I knew that's exactly what it was. It was obvious what they were doing.....trying to smoke a hoarder out of their hole. This begs a question though....how do you smoke a hoarder out of a hole with THAT?

There's also another fact that flew over the head of some in those situations....

If one of four or a combo of  people were not involved publicly in a "leak".....then its not a leak. Its garbage.

The part that bothered me at the time in that Silkworms fiasco was the staff on Gong's site(including gong) vouched for this clown and the authenticity of the track. I cringed when I saw that. It proved that the whole thing was a 'work' and it did his site more harm than any good they thought could come from it.....

Any type of leak/hoarder situation would never occur there due to how it was handled. When the "cabal" as some like to call them witness such antics on ANY site, all it tells them is to stay away.....don't post there and definitely don't use their PM system for anything.

Anyway, I'm past the point of caring about this shit.

I thought the whole thing was fascinating back then.

It still blows my mind that the leaks didn't start in 2004-05 and IRS doesn't count.

misterID

misterID wrote:

AFD redux was used to try and get the hoarders attention. I'm not sure another con will work because of how it all went down in the first place. I know people have offered money, but I don't know how far that went.

Board footer