You are not logged in. Please register or login.

auad
 Rep: 3 

Re: BUCKETHEAD Finally Explains Why He Has A Dang Bucket on His Head

auad wrote:

1508528099_845982544939033.jpg

Whether you're barely aware of Buckethead or you own a copy of all the million albums he's put out, you absolutely know one thing – the guy has a bucket on his head and he's wearing a mask. So why the bucket and mask? Buckethead, or Brian Carroll, tells the Coming Alive Podcast that he was basically eating chicken one night and it just happened.

Carroll elaborates a little more and says that the bucket and mask really helped him overcome his anxiety, or as he put it "I could do everything I liked doing as this character that I'm totally scared to death to do otherwise."

"It sort of happened… It wasn't something I really thought about. I was eating – it was actually a different chicken company, I don't really know what it was – I was eating it and I thought… I had that mask, kind of like Michael Myers, it had a similar quality, but it wasn't exactly the same size.

"I just put it on my head and I looked in the mirror. And I was like 'That's Buckethead.' And then my friend went to school, he was going to college and he had video class and he filmed me. And I knew this guitar player, his name is Jim Gore. He really is the one I feel I owe a lot to. He encouraged me to do it, 'You should just go be Buckethead, go play!'

"Because I was always super scared to play, and I didn't really link that together, I just thought 'This is weird.' Like a horror movie guy. And when he saw it he was like 'You should just go for it!' I was like 'That would be cool.' Because I could do everything I liked doing as this character that I'm totally scared to death to do otherwise. And it applied to all the stuff I like, like Disneyland and martial arts and dancing, all that stuff I liked. I was like, 'I can't do it just like me.' It was a great way to get all the stuff out."

Buckethead also revealed recently to Coming ALive that he's currently struggling with a very serious heart condition.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-ne … n-his-head

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
auad wrote:

https://whiplash.org/imagens-n/temp14/1 … 939033.jpg

Whether you're barely aware of Buckethead or you own a copy of all the million albums he's put out, you absolutely know one thing – the guy has a bucket on his head and he's wearing a mask. So why the bucket and mask? Buckethead, or Brian Carroll, tells the Coming Alive Podcast that he was basically eating chicken one night and it just happened.

Carroll elaborates a little more and says that the bucket and mask really helped him overcome his anxiety, or as he put it "I could do everything I liked doing as this character that I'm totally scared to death to do otherwise."

"It sort of happened… It wasn't something I really thought about. I was eating – it was actually a different chicken company, I don't really know what it was – I was eating it and I thought… I had that mask, kind of like Michael Myers, it had a similar quality, but it wasn't exactly the same size.

"I just put it on my head and I looked in the mirror. And I was like 'That's Buckethead.' And then my friend went to school, he was going to college and he had video class and he filmed me. And I knew this guitar player, his name is Jim Gore. He really is the one I feel I owe a lot to. He encouraged me to do it, 'You should just go be Buckethead, go play!'

"Because I was always super scared to play, and I didn't really link that together, I just thought 'This is weird.' Like a horror movie guy. And when he saw it he was like 'You should just go for it!' I was like 'That would be cool.' Because I could do everything I liked doing as this character that I'm totally scared to death to do otherwise. And it applied to all the stuff I like, like Disneyland and martial arts and dancing, all that stuff I liked. I was like, 'I can't do it just like me.' It was a great way to get all the stuff out."

Buckethead also revealed recently to Coming ALive that he's currently struggling with a very serious heart condition.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-ne … n-his-head

Yikes...a serious heart condition? Wonder what woulda caused that.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Marfan syndrome. Bucket has all the symptoms. Heart condition included.

https://www.marfan.org/about/marfan

Long arms, legs and fingers
Tall and thin body type
Curved spine
Chest sinks in or sticks out
Flexible joints
Flat feet
Crowded teeth

Take a look at his teeth. http://i.imgur.com/c0e7QKN.png

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I always thought the KFC bucket and mask was a stupid gimmick, but I guess it’s not that much different to Slash hiding himself under the hair, sunglasses and top hat. A way of hiding anxiety when performing live in front of people

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I kinda figured it was due to shyness. I wish the best for the guy. Immensely talented and dealt a bad hand in life, I hope he puts out some way killer shit with his new outlook on life.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I always thought the KFC bucket and mask was a stupid gimmick, but I guess it’s not that much different to Slash hiding himself under the hair, sunglasses and top hat. A way of hiding anxiety when performing live in front of people

same with axl and his hats, glasses, jackets & excessive jewelry.

i guess i naturally became a fan of bucket as a kid who grew up with pro wrestling. i fell in love with the buckethead gimmick as soon as i saw it.

if anyone hasn't listened to that podcast yet, do it now. hearing about bucket's dream of opening his own amusement park is so touching. he talks about how his fear/anxiety would prevent him from even making phone calls to people about getting the ball rolling for his park. now, with his parents passing and his health scares, it put a sense of urgency in him to overcome those fears and make things happen.

just imagine if bucketheadland was an actual thing... an actual amusement park with slunk coasters, plastination stations and slaughter zones.

james lofton and i would be the first 2 cats in line!

bucket

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Bucket's been so generous with the free music, and provided such inspiration to Axl at a time when he really needed it. I hope he overcomes the health issues and even finds a way to reconnect with GNR. The man is a true original.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just checked and he's only released two albums this year. I hope he's doing ok. As we all know, he usually releases that many albums every couple weeks or so. At this point last year Bucket had released 12 albums.

Board footer