You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: The Space thread

polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Can you please elaborate on the premise beneath your question?

There's nothing going on up there. They discovered that with Von Braun's rockets. At a certain height they can't penetrate it.

Now it's just escapism for young men. Once you start looking at these space videos with the premise they were created in a studio or a computer you can never look back. A 2000 year old Greek theory they pass as real. But like Aristotle and every other ancient speculation, Pythagoras and Hipparchus were also wrong. The model of the Earth they use is based on a prop from a 1920s movie. Amazing prescience, or not.

So you don’t acknowledge the presence of interstellar objects visible with the naked eye?  I just want to clarify what you mean by “nothing going on up there?”  Do you believe chemical rockets can escape earth’s gravity? And if we don’t have geospatial satellites in orbit to include the ISS, how do you reconcile the use of ground satellite antennas and GPS?

Do you believe three dimensional space ends at some point in the atmosphere? Or do you believe our planet has an effective shield surrounding it.

We see lights in the sky. Not being able to reach them has allowed scientists to let their imagination run wild. Rockets may achieve something like that but the dearth of believable imagery from space suggests they have not done so. Von Braun once said it would take a rocket the size of the Empire State Building to reach the moon. No wonder he left a firmament quote from the Bible on his tombstone.

GPS is just triangualtion. They used a very similar system for the military before "satellites". If they are large antennas or weather balloons doesn't matter. You don't need satellites for it to work. 99% of all communications go through ground cables.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No wonder he left a firmament quote from the Bible on his tombstone.

Yeah....that was a head scratcher.

James

James wrote:

On the subject of Von Braun, his initial vision for a Moon mission was bat shit crazy ambitious..... essentially a space station going.

He mocked the later plan of sending a small lander there...but then went along with it.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
James wrote:

On the subject of Von Braun, his initial vision for a Moon mission was bat shit crazy ambitious..... essentially a space station going.

He mocked the later plan of sending a small lander there...but then went along with it.

Here is a good series outlining the impossibility of the Apollo missions: https://centerforaninformedamerica.com/moondoggie/

I think it is nigh impossible to read through that and still believe in the moon landing. The question then becomes, why fake it? The popular theories deal with space Nazi's and aliens, but I think it far more likely their 500 year old cosmic theory was simply wrong. Then suddenly the US and the USSR signed the Antarctic Treaty and that has been one of the most solid treaties in international politics. To protect the non existent wild life they say. Yeah right. The Russians want to drill on the North Pole (which actually has some wild life), but not the South. Funny that.

James

James wrote:

I read that a few years ago.

He does make a fairly strong case for it....much better than most of those wacky documentaries anyways.

You should read his series on Laurel Canyon.

Now there's a mind fuck....

Flagg....I know you're not really into the Moon hoax thing but sometime when you have a couple hours to kill, read his series on Apollo.

At least the first 2-3 parts.

As far as my opinion on that goes, I'm willing to go along with the official narrative.

It was never really the going there that bothered me.. it's the trip back.

If they truly pulled that off, it's the greatest achievement in history and I doubt it's ever topped.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

what's the problem with the trip back?

Luna gravity is less, easier to leave, and meeting up two craft in space is kinda buzz aldrin's thing....

James

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

what's the problem with the trip back?

Luna gravity is less, easier to leave, and meeting up two craft in space is kinda buzz aldrin's thing....

Other than a smaller gravity well...how is it easier to leave a place that has no facilities whatsoever?

They took off from a barren rock in a tiny lander that barely had enough room for the astronauts and their supplies....I'm even excluding the later missions that had a rover that essentially fit inside of a suitcase.

We now have takeoff....

The level of precision for this tiny capsule to dock with the module is bat shit insane.

And they did it every single time without a hitch.

Another issue I have is the temperature fluctuations....hundreds of degrees between light and shadow.

Not only are those awesome suits.... they're better than anything built since.

Watch any space news lately? The potential Moon mission in 2024 is now off the table because they don't have enough time to build suits suitable for such a mission.

One more thing....and it's rarely mentioned by these conspiracy theorists although I'm pretty sure it's discussed somewhere on the site polluxlm posted.....

Apollo 8.

We basically leapfrogged our own program and sent a manned mission 2-3 missions earlier than they should have.

It was a huge gamble and risked the whole program by going on a trip before everything has been properly tested/simulated.

IF...and it's a huge IF obviously....any of the conspiracy theorists ever "solve the mystery" or expose the whole program as a fraud....it will be from something going on with Apollo 8.

The mission sticks out like a sore thumb begging for a closer look....but conspiracy sites ignore it because it's not flashy.

Sorry for not really getting into specific details but it's been ages since diving into this stuff.

You should check out the link he posted above.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James wrote:

Other than a smaller gravity well...how is it easier to leave a place that has no facilities whatsoever?

Yeah I see what you mean...but i think it's just that there's not much stopping you...like the moon as 1/6 of the gravity of earth...and there's no atmosphere...no wind...nothing to create any drag or interference when blasting off. So it's basically piss easy compared to even getting a plane going on earth.

The way I see it the insane miracle is that nothing broke. Like what happens if something breaks...they slowly suffocate up there alone and there's no way to save them. Kinda scary.

James wrote:

The level of precision for this tiny capsule to dock with the module is bat shit insane.

I agree...but then if you look at what Buzz Aldrin has a PHd in from MIT - it's "Line-of-Sight Guidance Techniques for Manned Orbital Rendezvous" - basically the guy is a fucking genius with a boner for getting stuff to bump into each other in space....and he has been given a budget thats something like 150 billion in today's money, and back on earth has  an army of similar geniuses in a room double checking his maths on the radio.....while I agree it's insane...when you look at it in that context...it's not unbelievable.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

I would say 2001 A Space Odessey is fairly descriptive when it comes to showing what real space travel in a supposed vacuum would look like.

Some say that movie was a cover so they could gather information from scientists without raising red flags. It would be suspicious if NASA in the late 60s would come ask a bunch of scientists how space travel would be like when they were supposedly already doing it themselves.

A turncoat Nazi running this project is just majestic poetry. Ironically his rocket may be the only real achievement from that program.

Board footer