You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Me And My Elvis Instrumental Leak (2019)

AtariLegend wrote:

Elvis was remamed Leave Me Alone. Beltrami said he worked on Leave Me Alone. See the quotes in the first page for quotes.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Elvis waa remamed Leave Me Alone. Beltrami said he worked on Leave Me Alone. See the quotes in the first page for quotes.

it's a shame that we will probably never get to hear completed versions of soul monster the general or seven

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
Axl S wrote:

There's clearly tonnes more not accounted for.

Seeing as how the leaked CDRs were labeled "J587 85 (Robin/Tommy Demos)" and so forth through "J587 278 (The Rebel)" I would have to assume that there are quite literally hundreds of discs from these sessions. Granted, most are probably just dozens of slightly different alternate mixes of songs we've already heard, but I'd wager there are tons of jams and instrumentals in various stages of completion.

Also fascinating is that the Rough Mixes CD #1 - #4 reference DAT #2, DAT #5, B. Head CD #2, etc. It's like these were the greatest hits from dozens of different sources. Like what else would have been on those Buckethead CDs that he submitted? I wonder if it was anything else that he's already released, or they were specifically created for submission to Axl?

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Just bumping this to mourn the fact that we will almost certainly never get a finished track with Axl vocals on top of this. I guess it's technically possible this turned into another song but I'd say 99% chance this was never used, and that sucks. Axl really didn't deserve the band he had. So much squandered potential.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
huntermc wrote:
Axl S wrote:

There's clearly tonnes more not accounted for.

Seeing as how the leaked CDRs were labeled "J587 85 (Robin/Tommy Demos)" and so forth through "J587 278 (The Rebel)" I would have to assume that there are quite literally hundreds of discs from these sessions. Granted, most are probably just dozens of slightly different alternate mixes of songs we've already heard, but I'd wager there are tons of jams and instrumentals in various stages of completion.

Also fascinating is that the Rough Mixes CD #1 - #4 reference DAT #2, DAT #5, B. Head CD #2, etc. It's like these were the greatest hits from dozens of different sources. Like what else would have been on those Buckethead CDs that he submitted? I wonder if it was anything else that he's already released, or they were specifically created for submission to Axl?

Fortus  told a story one  time where he had someone  come to his house, and saw a stack of CDs on his floor and asked if those were the CD sessions, and Fortus said no its just one song lol

There are def hundreds of those discs , esp bc of all the different producers that worked on the songs

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:

This is one of the leaks I want to hear finished most. Got very excited when I saw this thread at the top of the list and thought it had leaked too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Just bumping this to mourn the fact that we will almost certainly never get a finished track with Axl vocals on top of this. I guess it's technically possible this turned into another song but I'd say 99% chance this was never used, and that sucks. Axl really didn't deserve the band he had. So much squandered potential.

I agree.

This is in the bin with however many other instrumentals were never worked on again.

James

James wrote:

wrong-we-were-so-wrong.gif

AtariLegend wrote:

I still think this is Leave Me Alone/Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul and nothing to do with Monsters. Axl did like reusing lyrical themes.

However I'm skeptical we'll ever hear it or ever know without an interview where some one straight up asks someone from that era.

James

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I still think this is Leave Me Alone/Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul and nothing to do with Monsters. Axl did like reusing lyrical themes.

However I'm skeptical we'll ever hear it or ever know without an interview where some one straight up asks someone from that era.

It's not just lyrical themes...it's Beltrami.

[GNR] was sort of just work for hire. [...] I met with Axl and he played me these songs, asked me my ideas about them, and I told him what I thought they needed. They gave me four songs to orchestrate. [...] A song called 'Seven,' which is the one [...] I actually wrote a guitar part [on]. There was one called 'Thyme,' one called 'The General,' one called 'Leave Me Alone.'" (Marco Beltrami, IGN, 07/20/03)

Me and My Elvis would make it 5 songs instead of 4.

Board footer