You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Best of Rough Mixes Disc 4, Elimination Round 1

AtariLegend wrote:

Vote for your least favorite track. The track with the most votes will be eliminated.

As far as the instrumentals go, try to imagine the track finished with vocals.

This is based on Rough Mixes Disc 4 only, not any other demo. There will be no tie breaker.

Voting closes in 2 days.

Vote off your least favourite track

Me & My Elvis 0%
Circus Maximus 0%
D Tune 0%
Curly Shuffle 0%
Nothing 11%
As It Began 6%
Thyme 83%
Total votes: 18

AtariLegend wrote:

This is probably my most listended to out of the discs.

Elvis is A list material, Circus is not far behind. D tune and Curly Shuffle are fantastic as well. I hold out hope that D Tune got vocals later on.

As It Began is cool and I like Nothing. Nothing is a cool chilled album deepcut.

As for Thyme, well it's incomplete. Cannot really judge it at all.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Definitely Thyme.

When listening to Thyme and PRL while knowing it's previous status as title track to the mythical follow-up, Im perplexed by whatever it is that they're trying to do.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You're right....disc 4 is grade A stuff and when these discs were still in the process of leaking, I thought this one deserved to be the finale....not disc 2.

Still felt the same way after hearing them.

Nothing is garbage IMO.

Thyme is basically a song fragment and difficult to judge without hearing PRL-Thyme fleshed out more.

Soul Monster is a monster. A Buckethead epic brought to the table and obviously shot up the A list. Shocked that other than vocals, it's already finished in 2000.

Circus Maximus/Ides/Seven

Definitely big gun material. Dizzy wasn't lying.

D Tune and Curly Shuffle are the two surprises on the disc. They're verging on Soundgarden tracks.

As It Began is definitely something that got another title at some point.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

Really tough, I like them all. I went for As It Began because the dolphin noises get annoying after a while.

AtariLegend wrote:

I hope this series doesn't confirm my fears that people only listended to these these once or twice.

Some of these instrumental tracks are as strong as it gets.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

This is probably my most listended to out of the discs.

Elvis is A list material, Circus is not far behind. D tune and Curly Shuffle are fantastic as well. I hold out hope that D Tune got vocals later on.

As It Began is cool and I like Nothing. Nothing is a cool chilled album deepcut.

As for Thyme, well it's incomplete. Cannot really judge it at all.

This is pretty much my perspective on this disc. I spin Elvis and Circus the most, but imo this whole is A list material.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I wonder in what ways these gems got butchered later on during recording 16

Pacha
 Rep: 0 

Pacha wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I hope this series doesn't confirm my fears that people only listended to these these once or twice.

Some of these instrumental tracks are as strong as it gets.

I only heard them a couple of times. I find it boring to listen instrumental music, even if there are good ideas there.

Vote for THYME. I understand that it's only the orchestra part of PRL, but after so many years of hearing about this song, it was a big disappointment to really know what it was.

Pacha
 Rep: 0 

Pacha wrote:
James wrote:

You're right....disc 4 is grade A stuff and when these discs were still in the process of leaking, I thought this one deserved to be the finale....not disc 2.

Still felt the same way after hearing them.

Nothing is garbage IMO.

Thyme is basically a song fragment and difficult to judge without hearing PRL-Thyme fleshed out more.

Soul Monster is a monster. A Buckethead epic brought to the table and obviously shot up the A list. Shocked that other than vocals, it's already finished in 2000.

Circus Maximus/Ides/Seven

Definitely big gun material. Dizzy wasn't lying.

D Tune and Curly Shuffle are the two surprises on the disc. They're verging on Soundgarden tracks.

As It Began is definitely something that got another title at some point.

Is it confirm that Seven is Circus Maximus??

Board footer