You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

misterID wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Yeah, when they announced the show, I had never heard of it, to be honest. I thought as it was associated with the Superbowl, it was this big thing, but to be fair, there has not been much mention of it I and you could easily just continue to know it doesn't exist.

I think it is fair to assume that this was just a one off concert, and the band made no effort to lump it in with the rest of the tour later in the year.

If Slash said there is material, but they are thinking about how to release it, then we are two/three months away from new material at a minimum. I am leaning more towards the Euro dates at the moment as a positive moment in time just because the band have put more effort in distinguishing those dates from other dates.

I still see progess though. Last year it was we will be recording, now there is material, so the machine is moving forward. We are coming into a key period now leading up to the SA dates.

Obviously NA dates are due probably soon as well.

With how they fucked Axl on the release of CD, I mean, even the artwork, I wouldn't be surprised he's digging his thumb in their eye. But yeah, I see an album coming sooner than people think.

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42
elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Welp, new dates for USA announced now. The window for a new album to promote this tour is shrinking - basically before March, right?

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Welp, new dates for USA announced now. The window for a new album to promote this tour is shrinking - basically before March, right?

I get the feeling they're going to try a surprise release. The question is are they still relevant and in the public eye enough for it to work.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

It's not rocket surgery.

A strong lead single ("Better" quality) plus your basic marketing package (iTunes, social, music/typography video, press).

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

strat0 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I get the feeling they're going to try a surprise release. The question is are they still relevant and in the public eye enough for it to work.

I mean... yes. They've just completed one of the biggest tours of all time, they've got the old line-up back (or at least the ones that the general public will actually recognise), there's clearly a degree of anticipation around an album. Surprise album drops are the current zeitgeist, pretty much the only way you can drum up publicity for an album release these days. Everyone from Bowie to Eminem to Beyoncé has done it.

https://www.gigwise.com/photos/107032/t … s---ranked

I'd be kind of surprised if they didn't do it, tbh.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

There isn’t going to be any new music at all this year or for the foreseeable future.

Prime opportunity to announce a new single with these tour dates dropping.

It’s just going to be a greatest hits Eagles money grabbing show. That’s all.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

No GNR Album is coming
Slash and Duff attempted to make an album with Axl, it may have even gotten recorded. But its not getting released just for the sake of satisfying the fans that have waited all these years.
Unless you got a time machine that can bring Axl back to the days when a GNR album meant a big payday its never gonna happen.

Accept it, move on

AtariLegend wrote:

Nevermind.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
McGann wrote:

That said, I believe
Something is coming this year.
Huge optimism!!!

Thanks for writing this in sonnet and verse.

Actually, /Mike writes in haiku, 5-7-5 syllables. Good to see them lines pop up still, I recall them from HTGTH smile

McGann
 Rep: 0 

McGann wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
McGann wrote:

That said, I believe
Something is coming this year.
Huge optimism!!!

Thanks for writing this in sonnet and verse.

Actually, /Mike writes in haiku, 5-7-5 syllables. Good to see them lines pop up still, I recall them from HTGTH smile

Glad you remember!!!
And I’m still hanging around...
Haikuing away...

(Hey look!  I verbed it!)
It’s been a fun exercise...
Glad you enjoy them!!

Splash

/Mike

Board footer