You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Axl’s “ridiculous demands”

misterID wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Further theorizing or "insider" speculation now saying that Axl is demanding that the next release be a CD re-release, remastered with a CD2 EP without Slash or Duff. And the label are understandably none to keen on the idea.

This sounds unlikely on many levels least of all the fact we know Slash has done recording...

Lol, no....

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Further theorizing or "insider" speculation now saying that Axl is demanding that the next release be a CD re-release, remastered with a CD2 EP without Slash or Duff. And the label are understandably none to keen on the idea.

This sounds unlikely on many levels least of all the fact we know Slash has done recording...

How I wish that were the case. But's it's almost certainly not.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Another poster on another forum claiming to be in the know is claiming that the album is at an impasse in terms of release due to the label viewing Axl’s demands as “ridiculous”.
This person also claims the label views GNR management as a joke.

If we are to assume there is any truth in this, what do we believe these demands could be ?

The thing is, it would be near impossible to get this level of detail out of the record company because 99.9 percent of them know very little about the band, and those that do know do not speak. And if they were to speak, they would never impart opinions about the bands management because it's unprofessional and just wouldn't happen.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I feel like I've stepped back into 2005 reading HTGTH again 16

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Why would Axl want such a thing? It would be a very weird move... He's got his band back together and they are supposedly working on new music (or re-recording some Chinese Democracy leftovers with Slash and Duff tongue ). I know some hardcore fans are drooling over  ** CD2 ** but  everyone else wants to have Slash and Duff and a new album.  I for one want to hear brand new music and not some old recordings.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Everything to do with this band and new music is absurd. For the 10,000th time, Slash and Duff change absolutely NOTHING in regards to new Gnr music.

I originally thought it would be a game changer. I expected it to be similar to Soundgarden's reunion....an album and unloading the vault over the course of 5 years or so.

I was wrong.

The only change was a thaw in the Axl-Slash dynamic and they decided to cash in their chips while there's still value. It's why it was so easy to leave out the other ex members. They only included the three required to market it as a reunion cash cow. Everything else expendable.

Had they waited a few more years, it never happens. Touring may not be a big part of the "new normal".

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Everything to do with this band and new music is absurd. For the 10,000th time, Slash and Duff change absolutely NOTHING in regards to new Gnr music.

I originally thought it would be a game changer. I expected it to be similar to Soundgarden's reunion....an album and unloading the vault over the course of 5 years or so.

I was wrong.

The only change was a thaw in the Axl-Slash dynamic and they decided to cash in their chips while there's still value. It's why it was so easy to leave out the other ex members. They only included the three required to market it as a reunion cash cow. Everything else expendable.

Had they waited a few more years, it never happens. Touring may not be a big part of the "new normal".

I've always thought this...I really don't know if they ever had any real plans to do anything but a cash it in nostalgia tour...I had too high of hopes that they never could meet. I also realized at when i went to those reunion concerts I was the youngest person there at 34 years old or whatever. meaning...no one new gave a shit...that was disappointing for me.

Sky Dog wrote:
James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I was wrong.

On point. axl21duff

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I vaguely recall that Axl still had one more album to deliver on his deal he signed years ago (may have already been advanced and spent all the money for that deal too, or the tab he ran up will never be recouped from the next album it was so high).

Maybe he just wants to dish up garbage CDII stuff to satisfy that obligation. Then release something with Slash and Duff, that way he may make something out of it??? Just a thought.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I vaguely recall that Axl still had one more album to deliver on his deal he signed years ago (may have already been advanced and spent all the money for that deal too, or the tab he ran up will never be recouped from the next album it was so high).

Maybe he just wants to dish up garbage CDII stuff to satisfy that obligation. Then release something with Slash and Duff, that way he may make something out of it??? Just a thought.

This would make sense if Axl was a young buck...but how long can he play this game?

I think Axl's creative forces were stifled and permanently damaged when the original band broke up.

Whatever deal he signed is now approximately 30 years old. The very paper it's on must've dissolved back into the earth by now.

If he's still playing some sort of game with the record company to avoid releasing new material or make a power play, he's only fucking himself.

I think the more parsimonious analysis is that he's just cashing in and so are the others. The fact that they couldn't put the whole band back together over money makes me feel even more so that way.

It's sad but I've lost a bit of respect for him. He insisted on owning the band and then he did nothing with it. He's wasted a lot of people's time and creativity. He's wasted a lot of people's money on an aimlessness that has amounted to a 1992 Use Your Illusion remake tour.

Board footer