You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: GN’R updates - various tidbits

metallex78 wrote:

Firstly, GN’R have finally announced the upcoming tour has been cancelled, due to restrictions and safety concerns with Covid19.

GN’R are releasing a children’s book based off Sweet Child lyrics later this year (an idea their manager Fernando has been working on, and given blessing by the band)

Fernando was also recently chatting on discord for around 2 hours with fans, and seems genuinely interested in improving band/fan relations. He was absolutely grilled by some fans, but he took it all on the chin, and showed a fair bit of humility through it all.

Moving forward, he truly believes that we would have new GN’R music by now if it wasn’t for this pandemic.
There is work going on behind the scenes to upload live videos from the NITL tour to their YouTube channel, and should be up “soon”...

He mentioned they have recordings of every show going back to 2000, and they’re working out what to do with them. They also have a bunch of stuff from the old days, and trying to work out what to do with it all as well, though that’s not the focus at the moment with the current band.

Sky Dog wrote:

If a frog had wings, he wouldn’t bump his ass hopping.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

Thanks for the update, could be an interesting reading

AtariLegend wrote:

Yeah thank you for the update. GN'R news hasn't been high on the agenda recently.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

thanks for summarising - is there a link or any capture of the chats? I can't seem to find it

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

thanks for summarising - is there a link or any capture of the chats? I can't seem to find it

I heard a recorded stream of the chat, as he preferred to talk rather than type as it was quicker for him to respond that way.
But I don’t have that recording anymore sorry.

There’s a thread about it on mygnr, but the stuff I pointed out were probably the most interesting tidbits.

Honestly, I was surprised how good he was about it all. Some people said to him pretty much what we all are saying “if GN’R gave us new music, there wouldn’t be half the bitching going on” and he said that it is definitely coming.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

If they had any sense they'd do what Metallica's done. Upload a new show every Monday, from different eras of the band. Whack up an 80s show, a 2002-era one with Buckethead, a NITL show (Houston '16!). Hell, throw in some Ashba, why not, some people like him.

Also I look forward to the children's picture book version of My Michelle.

CubanSkies
 Rep: 0 

CubanSkies wrote:

I was there for Fernando's visit in the War Room. I was surprised by how nice and cool he was. We had a very friendly converstion, we gave suggestions, he answered questions and so much more. Unfortuntately I don't think anybody recorded it (he asked us not to).

He said he would come back soon so can't wait for that!

Here's an invite so y'all are in there and don't miss it next time it happens. The War Room is the biggest GNR community on Discord. I hope admins  allow this, and if not, I'll happily remove it.

See you all there!

https://discord.gg/KH4nBd

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Firstly, GN’R have finally announced the upcoming tour has been cancelled, due to restrictions and safety concerns with Covid19.

GN’R are releasing a children’s book based off Sweet Child lyrics later this year (an idea their manager Fernando has been working on, and given blessing by the band)

Fernando was also recently chatting on discord for around 2 hours with fans, and seems genuinely interested in improving band/fan relations. He was absolutely grilled by some fans, but he took it all on the chin, and showed a fair bit of humility through it all.

Moving forward, he truly believes that we would have new GN’R music by now if it wasn’t for this pandemic.
There is work going on behind the scenes to upload live videos from the NITL tour to their YouTube channel, and should be up “soon”...

He mentioned they have recordings of every show going back to 2000, and they’re working out what to do with them. They also have a bunch of stuff from the old days, and trying to work out what to do with it all as well, though that’s not the focus at the moment with the current band.

Thanks for the time and effort to put this resume together.
Regarding Fernando, I don't believe his lies anymore.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Fernando was also recently chatting on discord for around 2 hours with fans, and seems genuinely interested in improving band/fan relations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Board footer