You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: GN’R updates - various tidbits

ClaudeF wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Fernando was also recently chatting on discord for around 2 hours with fans, and seems genuinely interested in improving band/fan relations. He was absolutely grilled by some fans, but he took it all on the chin, and showed a fair bit of humility through it all.

Honest question: How do we know it was really him? Did anyone see him on video? Hate to be a skeptic, but there are so many rumors and outright falsehoods flying around with his band, it's hard to know what to believe.

metallex78 wrote:

Moving forward, he truly believes that we would have new GN’R music by now if it wasn’t for this pandemic.

I'm calling B.S. They've had 12 years since the release of ChiDem to release any new studio recordings. Even a single song. Blaming this virus is a dodge.

Sky Dog wrote:

There is always an excuse...ALWAYS. axl

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Also I look forward to the children's picture book version of My Michelle.

This

Sky Dog wrote:

That was funny big_smile

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Fernando was also recently chatting on discord for around 2 hours with fans, and seems genuinely interested in improving band/fan relations. He was absolutely grilled by some fans, but he took it all on the chin, and showed a fair bit of humility through it all.

Honest question: How do we know it was really him? Did anyone see him on video? Hate to be a skeptic, but there are so many rumors and outright falsehoods flying around with his band, it's hard to know what to believe.

metallex78 wrote:

Moving forward, he truly believes that we would have new GN’R music by now if it wasn’t for this pandemic.

I'm calling B.S. They've had 12 years since the release of ChiDem to release any new studio recordings. Even a single song. Blaming this virus is a dodge.

It was absolutely him. Nothing dodgy about it at all.

His promises and excuses? Dodgy for sure, but whether it was actually him or not, it 100% was him.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

As for the 12 years since the release of CD, it’s only been 4 years since bringing Slash and Duff back. I don’t count the 8 years before that when Slash and Duff weren’t there.

And while that’s no excuse, I’m sure that whatever new music they may actually put out, they’d want to live up to AFD, Lies, UYI and I suppose even TSI to an extent.

They’d want it to be great. And maybe that’s why they don’t wanna release it while the world is currently on shutdown.
That’s kinda what Fernando said too, and I can understand that.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Fernando hooked a group of about 10 of us up with pit spots in Chicago a couple years ago.  He's not all bad.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Tom Petty has passed away and the rights to his archive footage turned into a mess, with legal battles over ANY little small or big thing. Release of a Wildflowers reissue with additional tracks (it was a double album originally) has been notched and there's lawsuits flying even over his house.

Even on this situation there's going to be a stream of an unreleased concert tonight.

If you have any excuse over Fernando and TB's management or Axl and releasing material, I think it's time to see things as they really are.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

unless it’s older footage I’m not really interested. I hope lockdown has given this band the opportunity to double down on getting new material ready for release or at least start recording for a new album when they can get back together. For years I’ve heard ‘you don’t need to be in the same room to write and record‘ - well without having to tour the band really is running out of excuses. Such a shame

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I never had an issue with Fernando, he was always okay on the forums. I even understood when Beta lost her shit with people. But people like jarmo and mojo were MAJOR asshats and were MAJOR contributors to the hostile feelings between the fans and the band.

Board footer