You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

I'm not fond of these pauses in vote counting.

That's the kind of thing that'll fan the flames on both sides.

Get Teddy Roosevelt down there with a horsewhip if you have to.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Some thoughts:

This is nowhere close to being over.
It's way closer than I ever thought.
I never want to hear about a blue wave again; total progressive delusion.
The Democratic party is getting whiter and richer and more elite.
The old GOP is dead. House flips by R's were all women, minorities and vets.
I think Trump gets PA, GA, NC.
Trump got more votes than Obama in '12.
Biden no longer has the pressure of dealing with the Sanders AOC crowd if he wins.
Florida is not a purple state anymore. It's red.
The rust belt is officially up for grabs.
McCain is laughing his ass off in heaven right now.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Total sham. Wow. Trump was right. Only way he loses is if the Dems cheat. And, they are.

Sorry dude, no one is cheating.  This kind of rhetoric needs to end.  It's not over yet, but no cheating has occurred.  The polls were way off and Trump appears to be within 1% in states the experts called +10 for Biden just 36 hours ago.  But no one is cheating and that kind of talk is dangerous.

Nah, it is dirty. 10 times the amount of mail in in PA?  Dems knew they couldn’t take Trump on an actual Election Day so they did this mail in campaign by pushing the Covid fear and there are going to be errors. PA is accepting ballots for another 7 days. Why? Mail in should have been cut off BEFORE Election Day. It is almost as if they sit around to see how many votes they need then let the harvesting begin.

Sorry man, but your information is incorrect.  At least the part of them counting ballots.  Yes, our governor unilaterally extended mail-in ballots, but only ballots postmarked by November 3rd and received by Friday can be counted.  SCOTUS is going to look at this and the state agreed to separate those ballots.  But if Trump is losing before those ballots are counted, they play no role in the outcome.  There's a million other things I could bitch about if I wanted to pout, but the courts rules and the decision was made.  Everyone has known the rules for months, and it was on them to win by them.  Just as I give no credence to those who whine about the popular vote because the rules are known, I'm not going to entertain Republican gripes.

Trump had 4 years to show he was a decent human being and failed to do so.   He should have won Arizona and he didn't.  That's on him alone.  CNN and MSNBC are going to be lost without their boogeyman, and the courts aren't going to be friendly to Biden if he tries to rule by edict - the past 4 years showed us this.  This is a real opportunity for McConnell and Pelosi to sit down with Biden and work out sensible legislation.  Both sides are going to have to give something to get what they really want.  I hope this happens and I hope McConnell doesn't shit all over Biden's cabinet nominees.  I also hope Biden doesn't try to put Warren and Sanders in his cabinet, but that's his prerogative to do.  He can nominate judges that the GOP can support, or he can try to find more Sotomayors.  I'm hopeful, but we'll find out.

2022 is favorable to the GOP again in the Senate and history tells us mid-terms don't bode well for the party in power in the House.  Hopefully everyone can see 6 feet in front of them and do the right thing.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Collins officially wins. Biden can sigh with relief while Bernie plots how to fuck dems up some other way.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Sorry dude, no one is cheating.  This kind of rhetoric needs to end.  It's not over yet, but no cheating has occurred.  The polls were way off and Trump appears to be within 1% in states the experts called +10 for Biden just 36 hours ago.  But no one is cheating and that kind of talk is dangerous.

Nah, it is dirty. 10 times the amount of mail in in PA?  Dems knew they couldn’t take Trump on an actual Election Day so they did this mail in campaign by pushing the Covid fear and there are going to be errors. PA is accepting ballots for another 7 days. Why? Mail in should have been cut off BEFORE Election Day. It is almost as if they sit around to see how many votes they need then let the harvesting begin.

Sorry man, but your information is incorrect.  At least the part of them counting ballots.  Yes, our governor unilaterally extended mail-in ballots, but only ballots postmarked by November 3rd and received by Friday can be counted.  SCOTUS is going to look at this and the state agreed to separate those ballots.  But if Trump is losing before those ballots are counted, they play no role in the outcome.  There's a million other things I could bitch about if I wanted to pout, but the courts rules and the decision was made.  Everyone has known the rules for months, and it was on them to win by them.  Just as I give no credence to those who whine about the popular vote because the rules are known, I'm not going to entertain Republican gripes.

Trump had 4 years to show he was a decent human being and failed to do so.   He should have won Arizona and he didn't.  That's on him alone.  CNN and MSNBC are going to be lost without their boogeyman, and the courts aren't going to be friendly to Biden if he tries to rule by edict - the past 4 years showed us this.  This is a real opportunity for McConnell and Pelosi to sit down with Biden and work out sensible legislation.  Both sides are going to have to give something to get what they really want.  I hope this happens and I hope McConnell doesn't shit all over Biden's cabinet nominees.  I also hope Biden doesn't try to put Warren and Sanders in his cabinet, but that's his prerogative to do.  He can nominate judges that the GOP can support, or he can try to find more Sotomayors.  I'm hopeful, but we'll find out.

2022 is favorable to the GOP again in the Senate and history tells us mid-terms don't bode well for the party in power in the House.  Hopefully everyone can see 6 feet in front of them and do the right thing.

Trump had every opportunity to sail to victory easily, and he sabotaged himself, over and over. All he had to do was show a little self discipline but couldn't do it.

If anyone is angry it's Pelosi, nothing shook out how she thought. It actually looks good for Republicans in 22/24 if Trump stays out of the race (ha!).

If anyone's going to blame a loss on mail-in votes then you're in a pretty sorry camp.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Some thoughts:

It may not be finalized for a while, but trump's path to 270 is highly unlikely. It's why he's trying to stop voting in MI right now.

James

James wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Some thoughts:

It may not be finalized for a while, but trump's path to 270 is highly unlikely. It's why he's trying to stop voting in MI right now.

This is what I hate about recounts.

"Only count the votes for me!!"

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'd hold on with the paths. Arizona is still being contested. Apparently, 605k votes were found.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'd hold on with the paths. Arizona is still being contested. Apparently, 605k votes were found.

How in the fuck do you just find that many votes? Where were they? Where did they go? Were they acknowledged as being lost?

This could go on forever....

"Hey, I just found some votes!!"

Board footer