You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Current Events Thread

slashsfro wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

The best scenario imo is Biden winning and dealing with McConnell. This way, Trump saves face and can brag about getting more votes than Obama, how the race was rigged against him and he didn't really lose, and he can just troll "Sleepy Joe" for the next four years. But hopefully he doesn't run again. I just have this awful feeling he will.

If he lost, it's over. He'll be Sleepy Donald in 4 years.

Ivanka may run in 2024 in an attempt to cash in on Trumpism but I think it's over if Biden takes this.

Not sure how the country is going to react to no more 24/7 Trump.

It'll be weird.

No Trump will ever be allowed into the GOP again.  Don't get me wrong, Trump has done wonders to steal the blue collar base from the Democrats, but the man and his family are pure toxicity.  Chelsea Clinton wouldn't fair well either.  Sean Parnell just ousted Democrat Connor Lamb in Pittsburgh.  Look for him to be a rising start in the GOP - late 30s and a decorated combat veteran who lead a company of men in Afghanistan.  Veterans like me are getting really tired of these reservists who served as lawyers and spent 4 months at a Hilton pretending to be John Rambo.

Ok, what have you done with the real Flagg.  Seriously though, agree that Trump and his family are horrible people.  The thing is if I think they would have won if they ran a regular politican who took the coronavirus more seriously I think Republicans may have won.

It'll will be interesting to see who they run in 2024.  Either a female like Nicky Haley or a centrist like Kasich/Dewine/Larry Hogan.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slashsfro wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:

Ivanka may run in 2024 in an attempt to cash in on Trumpism but I think it's over if Biden takes this.

It'll be weird.

No Trump will ever be allowed into the GOP again.  Don't get me wrong, Trump has done wonders to steal the blue collar base from the Democrats, but the man and his family are pure toxicity.  Chelsea Clinton wouldn't fair well either.  Sean Parnell just ousted Democrat Connor Lamb in Pittsburgh.  Look for him to be a rising start in the GOP - late 30s and a decorated combat veteran who lead a company of men in Afghanistan.  Veterans like me are getting really tired of these reservists who served as lawyers and spent 4 months at a Hilton pretending to be John Rambo.

Ok, what have you done with the real Flagg.  Seriously though, agree that Trump and his family are horrible people.  The thing is if I think they would have won if they ran a regular politican who took the coronavirus more seriously I think Republicans may have won.

It'll will be interesting to see who they run in 2024.  Either a female like Nicky Haley or a centrist like Kasich/Dewine/Larry Hogan.

Kasich is persona non grata to the GOP.  And there's a good chance he gets a spot on Biden's cabinet.  I know people call bullshit when I say I have friends high up in Washington, but it's true and they universally tell me Kasich is excommunicated.  One of my good friends was in the room when Kasich got offered the VP slot in late 16. Niki Haley would be a fantastic pick and I hope to see her more in the coming years.  I have serious doubts Biden can run again in 2024.  Conspiracy nuts say Pelosi's 25th amendment nonsense recently was for Biden, not Trump.  I disagree, but the stress of the presidency isn't going to help his mental state regardless of how well he is today.  82 is fucking old.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I feel that if Trump would have taken decisive action, like the prime minister of New Zealand, in regards to covid he would have won the election in a landslide.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Trump just claimed victory in PA.  17

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yep.... politicizing Covid was a colossal fuck up.

I still can't believe he had the nerve to call it a Chinese hoax.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Trump just claimed victory in PA.  17

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

The best scenario imo is Biden winning and dealing with McConnell. This way, Trump saves face and can brag about getting more votes than Obama, how the race was rigged against him and he didn't really lose, and he can just troll "Sleepy Joe" for the next four years. But hopefully he doesn't run again. I just have this awful feeling he will.

It'll be weird.

Who the hell is this guy?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

[/embed]

And so it begins....

That is such a bad look.

" We won PA. Stop counting the votes!"

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

If SG wants to see dirty tricks to win the election, suing to stop the count of votes cast legally and your supporters storming the place where votes are being counted sure is pretty shady. The thing about stopping the count is outrageous. These people voted legally based on the rules set forth at the time. Taking away their vote is disenfranchisement.

Also, my god did you guys sleep last night? Catching up on this thread, and it was active all night, more or less.

Board footer