You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

The initial lockdown in China worked. The West doesn't have the stomach for such measures. We should've tried a 2-3 week total lockdown.

We never had a real lockdown here.  Banning people from going to their favorite mom and pop store/restaurant while allowing you to go to Walmart and McDonald's isn't a lockdown. It's a transfer of wealth like you mentioned.

We've done nothing but half measures in the midst of partisan bickering.

I feel like an idiot wearing a mask all the time. Many people are tiring of this crap...and it's only going to get worse as the public sees our leaders ignoring their own rules.

I agree with most of what you said but China was able to get a handle on the crisis.... that's if they're telling the truth. lol

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

We did nothing those first couple months. The moment it went political was a sign that the West is now incapable of handling a crisis of such magnitude.

I disagree...Trump was incapable because of all the distrust and the uncooperative environment he gave birth to...

I’ll say it a million times...you can’t bash people relentlessly and expect them to cooperate...especially politically.

Had Trump come out the gates pro-mask, the other side would've been anti-mask....or do you really believe countless millions who hate him would have all of a sudden started supporting his stance?

Our hyper-partisan culture played a big role in this nightmare.

James

James wrote:

I'll always wonder how this would've played out had we used the same approach as we did with the swine flu ten years ago.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Everytime we go into lock down our numbers go down and everytime we leave lock down the numbers go up, yet there are still people here who claim lockdowns do nothing lol.

Incredible.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

We did nothing those first couple months. The moment it went political was a sign that the West is now incapable of handling a crisis of such magnitude.

I disagree...Trump was incapable because of all the distrust and the uncooperative environment he gave birth to...

I’ll say it a million times...you can’t bash people relentlessly and expect them to cooperate...especially politically.

Had Trump come out the gates pro-mask, the other side would've been anti-mask....or do you really believe countless millions who hate him would have all of a sudden started supporting his stance?

I actually do believe that... if trump was pro mask from spring on he’d still be president.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I actually do believe that... if trump was pro mask from spring on he’d still be president.

Yup.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Everytime we go into lock down our numbers go down and everytime we leave lock down the numbers go up, yet there are still people here who claim lockdowns do nothing lol.

Incredible.

If only what you wrote is true.

My umbrella is only up when it’s raining, and it’s only down when it’s not. Maybe it controls the weather too!

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Sure thing Rocky.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote: