You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Current Events Thread

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Trump was the hill the GOP all went to die on. I will never understand it as long as I live.

But now after this, we're going to see a severely fractured republican party going forward. The MAGA nuts (who are the real RINOs) vs the old school conservatives. My hope is some sort of true conservative party is born from this disaster of nutjobs, sycophants and traitors.

Yeah, surprised the Dems didn't win more in Nov, but it definitely collapsed in GA.  I thought the pubs would win it, at least one. I think the guy who came down with Covid hurt, he seemed like the one to win. Loeffler seemed fake, and was previous appointed so no history of winning over voters. Selling her stocks lol, who'd vote for that.

Personally I felt the country might've been better off split chambers, although, doesn't think get rid of moscow mitch as Senate Majority Leader?  nice... Also no more stallmates, although that could become a bad thing in pushing things thru.

Today should be interesting.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Trump was the hill the GOP all went to die on. I will never understand it as long as I live.

But now after this, we're going to see a severely fractured republican party going forward. The MAGA nuts (who are the real RINOs) vs the old school conservatives. My hope is some sort of true conservative party is born from this disaster of nutjobs, sycophants and traitors.

Yeah, surprised the Dems didn't win more in Nov, but it definitely collapsed in GA.  I thought the pubs would win it, at least one. I think the guy who came down with Covid hurt, he seemed like the one to win. Loeffler seemed fake, and was previous appointed so no history of winning over voters. Selling her stocks lol, who'd vote for that.

Personally I felt the country might've been better off split chambers, although, doesn't think get rid of moscow mitch as Senate Majority Leader?  nice... Also no more stallmates, although that could become a bad thing in pushing things thru.

With McConell the majority leader, it probably wouldn’t have been a great thing. He’s definitely part of the revenge game and he wouldn’t vote on any appointees let alone compromise on legislation.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

With McConell the majority leader, it probably wouldn’t have been a great thing. He’s definitely part of the revenge game and he wouldn’t vote on any appointees let alone compromise on legislation.

I agree. Thats really the biggest win out of all of this today. On the flip side tho, its possible Biden gets a bit too progressive with Pelosi & AOC becoming vocal and having a following. Its a pendulum, if it goes too far it'll swing back in 2024, 2022 will be a litmus test as well. Just hope the WH stays reasonable, but moscow mitch not controlling the Senate is big. Otherwise I had faith in Romney & 1 or 2 others (Collins, Murkowski) giving a reasonable vote now & then, but mitch wouldn't even put things to a vote.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Listening to his speach now. This dude is gonna cause civil war if he doesn't shut it. What a mess, feels unreal.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Listening to his speach now. This dude is gonna cause civil war if he doesn't shut it. What a mess, feels unreal.

It's brutal. Did you hear him say it was "Bullshit"?

He's talking about marching over to Congress afterwards. DC might have riots later. He's still saying he is going to win and overturn this. He won't let up. 

Also, whoa, this is big:

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Yeah heard him. Playing a dangerous game.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Yeah heard him. Playing a dangerous game.

As long as Trump isn't the one who has to do the fighting...actual fighting. As long as he can just continue to sit in his ivory tower while everyone else does all his bidding...this is easy for him.

It really feels like the Trump poison pill is starting to find its way down the Republican esophagus.

The proud boys and the police are starting to turn on each other too...violently.

Trump is always the problem.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I agree. Thats really the biggest win out of all of this today. On the flip side tho, its possible Biden gets a bit too progressive with Pelosi & AOC becoming vocal and having a following. Its a pendulum, if it goes too far it'll swing back in 2024, 2022 will be a litmus test as well. Just hope the WH stays reasonable, but moscow mitch not controlling the Senate is big. Otherwise I had faith in Romney & 1 or 2 others (Collins, Murkowski) giving a reasonable vote now & then, but mitch wouldn't even put things to a vote.

Pelosi and AOC are miles apart. It'll be curious because the Dems really do have a chance to take us back into normalcy. Who knows how things will look in 4-8 years...but now is a time for calm. Almost like a Gerald Ford situation.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

[/embed]

LOL Pence just gave him the finger by saying the Constitution does not grant him that power.  This is a giant waste of time on everyone's part only to satisfy the whims of an idiot who is about to leave office in two weeks.

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Covid, people aren’t taking the vaccine.

People are standing in line for 8 hours to take the vaccine.

Yeah, it's because the federal government didn't order enough and fucked it up as usual.  Pfizer the manufacturer says they have lots of vaccines available and the US hasn't requested more.  Unless you are a total partisan that falls on Trump bungling this AGAIN.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

The violence is starting...

Fuck these MAGA freaks and a big FUCK YOU to those weaklings who made excuses for all the conspiracy theories, the constant assaults on our constitution, authoritarianism, lawlessness, attacks on our media and our sacred election process. This is where we are now. As I said, a very dangerous point in our nation's history.

Board footer