You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

As far as faggot goes, it's been used for decades by everyone and no one had much of a problem with it. It obviously wasn't meant literally. Gay people have even referred to themselves as faggots...just like how trannies always referred to themselves as trannies until SJWs decided for everyone it was too offensive to ever be said again.

Could he have picked a different insult? Sure... would've been even better for nobody to throw insults.

For the same reasons white people don't use the n-word and understand why they don't, the same applies to both those words. Not using them isn't driven by "SJWs". The roots of people using those words is effectively discriminatory hatred. Those peoples can repurpose those words for themselves, but other folk shouldn't use them.

And Flagg, if it's used in any context to insult a group of people then it is inherently homophobic.

(Sidebar: always felt it was weird how SJW came to be used as a negative label for people, folk fighting for social justice is generally a good thing. Another word/phrase that has been reused until it lost all it's original meaning)

Agreed with you on the part in bold though. This thread would improve greatly if the temperature was taken down a few notches. Doesn't matter who started it but it would be great if folk could stop talking down to each other and acting high and mighty. Can disagree with other folk without having to do that.

On topic: so far US politics feels a lot more boring. Good. It's not supposed to be infotainment, politics being a boring procedural drag is for the best. When it's a frenzied news cycle, with gas being poured on the fire every day less work gets done and compromise becomes harder.

Anyone, put whatever bias aside and tell me how Axl's post to not be perfectly fair, respectful and reasonable?

Is there anyone else here confused about language being used here that his post explained clearly? I mean I'm all for free speech, but you can still call out bullshit instead of excusing it.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

As for the bolded part.
I agree, but I've tried that for years. No more. When I see him speak down to me or others unnecessarily I'm going to return it in kind.
The thing is it didn't have to be this way. It was allowed happen despite many people stating distain for it many times overs the years.

Been on here 10 years, mostly lurking and probably the most respectful fucker here up until the last year.

There is no consistency.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Are we really back to defending Floyd or some other criminal?

I get the criminals the left puts up on a pedestal mixed up but my favorite was when they were trying to canonize a worthless piece of shit who liked assaulting and robbing pregnant women.

That was a doozy!

I always thought they should save their outrage for an actual innocent person to get assaulted or killed by cops but it happens so rarely that they couldn't wait that long.

As far as faggot goes, it's been used for decades by everyone and no one had much of a problem with it. It obviously wasn't meant literally. Gay people have even referred to themselves as faggots...just like how trannies always referred to themselves as trannies until SJWs decided for everyone it was too offensive to ever be said again.

Could he have picked a different insult? Sure... would've been even better for nobody to throw insults.

Let me correct you there, cause you are responding with points I didn't make
1. Defending Floyd?
No, it's not condemning abhorrent police behaviour. Defend Floyd? Oh so you don't think he needed defending, because you were saying the opposite when it happened?
2. Who said I was offended, but it's nice for you to speak for me and everyone else.
If you read my reply I said it showed who he was. I know I don't go around calling people by those names, do you?

1. When did I ever say the opposite in discussions about these criminals? My stance doesn't change on the George Floyds of the world. Why? Since I've been in and out of the drug world as an adult, I've actually had to deal with George Floyds. I don't have to see them on a TV screen while being fed a specific narrative that intentionally tries to drown out the fact he was a piece of shit.

A guy who robs and beats pregnant women while taking enough fentanyl to down an elephant is going to eventually run into serious trouble with the cops...more than he can handle. When cops approach a scene, they know who you are pretty quickly. In Floyd's case, they already had history with him...no surprise there.

Cops handle situations differently depending on the person that they're dealing with. If Floyd's record was clean as a whistle, he'd still be assaulting pregnant women as we speak. It wasn't clean though.

Don't want trouble? Don't cause trouble.

Even as someone well acquainted with the drug world, I have extreme difficulty sympathizing with criminals... especially criminals who are violent towards women.

Men who molest children, rape or beat the shit out of women, or abuse animals are pure scum and I only have one thing to say when they exit stage left....

Good riddance.

Should it have happened at that exact moment? Maybe not. Maybe when he was in the process of robbing and assaulting that pregnant woman. I'm sure she would've appreciated being saved. Would've saved her from years of PTSD.

2. If you weren't offended or delivering a dose of faux outrage, why comment on it at all? It was obvious that it wasn't literally aimed at homosexuals. I realize you two were arguing for several pages but let's "keep it real" as people used to say.

I don't think I've used the word faggot since my late teens, maybe early 20s. Might have said it on this forum or the old one before...not sure. I do know I've never used it as a slur aimed at homosexuals and I have a feeling no one else here has either.

This might be a difference in culture. Maybe it wasn't used there in the same way it has here.

What is wrong with you all that you can't call out something that's wrong? Instead it's left v right, dems vs reps.

I call a spade a spade no matter which side it comes from. Everybody here who's known me for years knows I lean right even though I am independent. It doesn't stop me from criticizing them.

Other people here can do the same. I remember when hell froze over when Flagg was defending Obama for something ten years ago. lol

Political discussion always breaks into two sides no matter where it is or who is involved.

James

James wrote:

Irish and Flagg....

Let's drop the criticisms of what time someone posts or how long they're logged in.

People have odd hours in today's world...even people with jobs. People are also inside more due to the pandemic.

It's a lame cheap shot and you're both better than that.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
James wrote:

I get the criminals the left puts up on a pedestal mixed up but my favorite was when they were trying to canonize a worthless piece of shit who liked assaulting and robbing pregnant women.

That was a doozy!

I always thought they should save their outrage for an actual innocent person to get assaulted or killed by cops but it happens so rarely that they couldn't wait that long.

Let me correct you there, cause you are responding with points I didn't make
1. Defending Floyd?
No, it's not condemning abhorrent police behaviour. Defend Floyd? Oh so you don't think he needed defending, because you were saying the opposite when it happened?
2. Who said I was offended, but it's nice for you to speak for me and everyone else.
If you read my reply I said it showed who he was. I know I don't go around calling people by those names, do you?

1. When did I ever say the opposite in discussions about these criminals? My stance doesn't change on the George Floyds of the world. Why? Since I've been in and out of the drug world as an adult, I've actually had to deal with George Floyds. I don't have to see them on a TV screen while being fed a specific narrative that intentionally tries to drown out the fact he was a piece of shit.

A guy who robs and beats pregnant women while taking enough fentanyl to down an elephant is going to eventually run into serious trouble with the cops...more than he can handle. When cops approach a scene, they know who you are pretty quickly. In Floyd's case, they already had history with him...no surprise there.

Cops handle situations differently depending on the person that they're dealing with. If Floyd's record was clean as a whistle, he'd still be assaulting pregnant women as we speak. It wasn't clean though.

Don't want trouble? Don't cause trouble.

Even as someone well acquainted with the drug world, I have extreme difficulty sympathizing with criminals... especially criminals who are violent towards women.

Men who molest children, rape or beat the shit out of women, or abuse animals are pure scum and I only have one thing to say when they exit stage left....

Good riddance.

Should it have happened at that exact moment? Maybe not. Maybe when he was in the process of robbing and assaulting that pregnant woman. I'm sure she would've appreciated being saved. Would've saved her from years of PTSD.,

That's one hell of a post about his past history while completely ignoring the answer I gave you. You spent that time on explaining Floyd, when I was talking about the cops.
That's that switch and bait shit some of you like to do. Yes let his past justify these cops. Is this the 1960's mob rule?  Any you wonder whats wrong in America?

2. If you weren't offended or delivering a dose of faux outrage, why comment on it at all? It was obvious that it wasn't literally aimed at homosexuals. I realize you two were arguing for several pages but let's "keep it real" as people used to say.

I wasn't offended, didn't I state that? I didn't stutter. I said it was nice of you to speak for everyone. Did you read my post instead of going in to defense mode? It's offensive to the majority of people I would hope anyway. The whole "faux outrage" is getting real old when someone calls out what should be called out.

I don't think I've used the word faggot since my late teens, maybe early 20s. Might have said it on this forum or the old one before...not sure. I do know I've never used it as a slur aimed at homosexuals and I have a feeling no one else here has either.

Mate read Axl`s post. If you don't get it I don't know what to say.

I call a spade a spade no matter which side it comes from. Everybody here who's known me for years knows I lean right even though I am independent. It doesn't stop me from criticizing them.

Other people here can do the same. I remember when hell froze over when Flagg was defending Obama for something ten years ago. lol

Political discussion always breaks into two sides no matter where it is or who is involved.

You made excuses for it, there is a difference!

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
James wrote:

Irish and Flagg....

Let's drop the criticisms of what time someone posts or how long they're logged in.

People have odd hours in today's world...even people with jobs. People are also inside more due to the pandemic.

Not sure why I'm tagged here when he has been banging out about my online habits here for months.
Call the spade the spade and don't be dragging me into it to soften it.
Surely no bias there.

James

James wrote:

Axl S...

For the same reasons white people don't use the n-word and understand why they don't, the same applies to both those words. Not using them isn't driven by "SJWs". The roots of people using those words is effectively discriminatory hatred. Those peoples can repurpose those words for themselves, but other folk shouldn't use them.

Bullshit. It's an excuse for black people to continually use a  word that is supposedly so bad it can't be said or even typed and a way for white people who act offended to continue listening to rap free of guilt.

The word is either offensive or it isn't. The word holds power or it doesn't. This laughable middle ground was only possible in our clown world.

Do you see Jews calling themselves kikes? Do you see Mexicans who have just crossed the border referring to themselves as "wet backs"?

No.

Why?

Because it's offensive. You'll never see a Jewish singer say kike 30 times in a 4 minute song...and you'll never see a bunch of people defend using it because he's Jewish. Well....maybe someday when we're at the bottom of the Idiocracy.

Sidebar: always felt it was weird how SJW came to be used as a negative label for people, folk fighting for social justice is generally a good thing. Another word/phrase that has been reused until it lost all it's original meaning)

Social justice of today is different from the social justice of old. They deserve to be mocked and ridiculed.

A white college student ranting on twitter about how offensive "the N word" is while listening to a song that continually uses the word.

College students tearing down statues of people including civil rights icons. They even rant against Lincoln's racism.  They are simply too stupid to know exactly what it is they're defending.

College students yelling to defund the police yet call the police at the first hint of trouble.

Pretending that there's a thousand genders even though you learn how many there really are when you're two.

That is social justice in a nutshell in today's clown world.

The list goes on and on.

The world is going to hell. Our politicians are insanely corrupt. The class divide gets worse. Climate change is on the verge of dealing a major blow.

Why concern ourselves with such trivial things when we've got much more pressing and relevant issues like pontificating on social media about a thousand genders or defending some piece of shit rapist?

This generation is a lost cause.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I wish people here would stop hating on the gender stuff. If challenging the way you view gender and sex is that uncomfortable for you maybe that means something. I’m not even saying I’m a huge proponent of it...but i also don’t want to be the guy that flat out dismisses something because i don’t like it or it makes me uncomfortable.

Whether it should be higher on the priory list than say climate change... i’m not certain why we have to rank them but if I did have to pick obviously climate change is more important.

James

James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
James wrote:

Irish and Flagg....

Not sure why I'm tagged here when he has been banging out about my online habits here for months.
Surely no bias there.

You just brought up how long he had been logged in today as some sort of dig.

I was commenting on today's exchange. Don't remember the argument months ago.

While I've certainly known him a lot longer than you, bias didn't factor in. I don't have a problem with either of you.

As I've told both Mitch and Flagg in PMs, it's not easy having to referee and be a neutral observer in these political spats that pop up... especially in a situation where I agree on a specific issue/side in the exchange.

I prefer to let it naturally fizzle out but as we all know, it doesn't always fizzle out. The Buzz situation got completely out of control.

I think we can have these discussions without the needless digs....that goes for everyone.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
James wrote:

Irish and Flagg....

Surely no bias there.

You just brought up how long he had been logged in today as some sort of dig.

I was commenting on today's exchange. Don't remember the argument months ago.

While I've certainly known him a lot longer than you, bias didn't factor in. I don't have a problem with either of you.

As I've told both Mitch and Flagg in PMs, it's not easy having to referee and be a neutral observer in these political spats that pop up... especially in a situation where I agree on a specific issue/side in the exchange.

I prefer to let it naturally fizzle out but as we all know, it doesn't always fizzle out. The Buzz situation got completely out of control.

I think we can have these discussions without the needless digs....that goes for everyone.

Yes I brought it up once. He did it numerous times, TODAY.

I  hope we can have discussion without personal digs, but time and again the same guy stops this.

I'm cool with that, but don't give me faux outrage crap when I call it out. It's a lame arguement.

Board footer