You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

With the CDC recommending only 5 days of “quarantine” now, it begs the question where is the science to justify containment camps in Australia versus 5 days of self imposed isolation in the US, and everything inbetween in western nations. There’s an answer, and it’s going to be degrees of risk where you slide it. Point being “Democratic” nations are allowing one individual to make that assessment unilaterally with no real consideration for human rights or consent to do so.

The AP article on this news says “ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials said the guidance is in keeping with growing evidence that people with the coronavirus are most infectious in the two days before and three days after symptoms develop.”.

That isn’t new news and has been the consensus on the virus since at least late last spring in the northern hemisphere.

For the “Trust the science” folks who applauded lockdowns, vaccine mandates, and all the misery associated with that (mothers not being able to sit by their child’s bedside as they die, ban on funerals/weddings/etc), what say you on the US effectively having no quarantine policy compared to what other nations are allowing?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm concerned it equates the the government just deciding there's nothing else to be done for it and basically taking the view that we must now be open at all costs and therefore that the X% of folks who will die to the virus are just an expendable and unavoidable cost of that.

To be really honest it surprised me they didn't take that line originally and instead went for the hard safety approach, as most things in our society seem to work more around acceptable losses so to speak.

Australia is very much following those kinda ideas too now it seems, some of our states are reducing restrictions by the day despite having the worst outcomes.

I guess it's all just different perspectives. My concern is it's sorta fine to say X percent of people have to die and that's just the cost of doing business academically and it sounds fine until my loved ones happen to fall in the X percent. That's my worry.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

From everything I've read and seen it sounds an awful lot like they cut quarantine days in half (from 10 to 5) specifically to get nurses and first responders back on the job faster after catching covid. Not sure there's much science in this decision.

Randall Flagg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fauci-trump- … 34243.html

This article is hysterical and reinforces why Fauci is a complete false idol.  It was the previous administration who got the vaccine in under a year - something Fauci is on video saying is unlikely, and it was every Democratic leader panning Trump's vaccine last year saying they wouldn't take any vaccine developed under Trump.  But Fauci has the gall to suggest Trump somehow did an about face recommending people get the vaccine.  We truly do live in Orwellian times.

Fauci saying the vaccine won't be ready in a year:

Fauci saying masks shouldn't be worn:

Fauci admitting he lied to the American people about masks:

And of course Biden "poisoning the well" and saying he would never order vaccine or mask mandates:

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

None of that matters. All that matters is HAVE YOU GOT YOUR BOOSTER YET?

Brain waves have shut down in the vast majority of the population. They are only able to do routine tasks and follow simple orders.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's not about following orders.

It's that we live in an age where we are lucky to have a technology that makes it less likely to catch a disease, and reduces the severity of the disease even if you still get it.

I thought if i lived through a global crisis then the worry would be shortages and people rioting and stuff, but I never would have guessed the problem to be people refusing to act in their own best interests.

Randall Flagg

monkeychow wrote:

It's not about following orders.

It's that we live in an age where we are lucky to have a technology that makes it less likely to catch a disease, and reduces the severity of the disease even if you still get it.

I thought if i lived through a global crisis then the worry would be shortages and people rioting and stuff, but I never would have guessed the problem to be people refusing to act in their own best interests.

So you get to decide what’s in my best interest?  Is it being locked up in an internment camp for weeks or losing a business over a virus no more severe than the cold to 99.9% of the population.

After going to war and seeing the brutality of man, I assumed people were fiercer and more capable. Little did I know they’d roll over like lap dogs at whatever commands their leaders ordered. Your country is locking healthy people up and taking them from home, and you’re going to talk about others not acting in their best interest?  How very authoritarian of you. Glad you feel informed enough to support draconian measures and able to make health decisions for others. But the only constant is the so called experts of the world changing their policy advice with little regard to the science that’s remained unchanged for well over a year. I think we should get to decide what’s in our best interest and not someone who’s worried about maintaining political power.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm just sick of the whole Covid thing. It is beyond played out at this point.

They gotta figure out a way to wrap up the storyline in the media and move on to something else.

Many people...both red and blue....are just saying fuck it and going back to normal.

Each time I go to the store, there's fewer people wearing masks. Yesterday at the liquor store on a cigarette run I was the only masked person in the store.

I'm not saying that the virus will immediately vanish...I'm saying that the media has to find a new narrative.

This country is going deep red in the 2022 election if they don't.

Yes we get it....it's a scary virus that kills a few vaccinated and more unvaxxed.

Now move the fuck on....

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The madness ends when people say NO. It will not end before that happens. Unfortunately we are about to enter the flu season, and given the mildness of last season that could mean a spike this year and then they will have all the justification they need to keep it going another year. And another and another. In any case they will not stop until the people forces them to stop.

They need vaccine passports for their economic shift. That's the end goal of everything. That's what all the people tired of lockdowns are being primed for. If they can get a critical mass of people on that it will be the end of freedom. You can not work, shop, trade or even have access to money without your government passport. Don't take your shot or otherwise being a naughty boy and your pass goes red. Your residential license will be revoked, transportation will be denied, marriage, school, health care, the dentist. Anything they want.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The madness lasts 1-2 years tops.

They either figure out a way to wrap it up or the country going deep red in 2022-24 will wrap it up for them.

We're at the fork in the road moment for Covid.

I'm surprised they didn't start wrapping it up in the 24/7 news cycle when the Trump era ended.

The only significant change as Biden entered office is the death count on the screens 24/7 disappeared instantly and the president was no longer blamed for any of it.

A few changes needed IMO...

Get Fauci off the air. I'm not blaming him for anything...just get him off the air. He's bait for right wing media. You've got problems in November if you don't.

Read the goddamn room....other than social media echo chambers...the public is sick of this. When even liberals are taking their masks off and going to concerts and parties, time to wrap it up.

The 24/7 news cycles have to find a new story. Now that we're nearing election season, perfect opportunity to change focus.

Change the coverage to how the swine flu was covered 10 years ago on Obama's watch.

You can still promote vaccinations without the constant coverage. I turned on the news a few days ago and after a lengthy segment about Covid, they went to a commercial break....

A commercial about Covid.

As Susan Powter would say....

404e6h.jpg

One more thing....

As far as all the 'Mark of the Beast' stuff about buying, selling, and traveling without it, Supreme Court will probably knock most of it down before it gets out of control.

The countries to watch when it comes to this concept is Australia, the EU, and maybe China.

Board footer