You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Current Events Thread

monkeychow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So you get to decide what’s in my best interest?

No, i'm not saying that.

I'm just saying the medical case for the vaccine is extremely strong. There's good evidence it was very effective against the original strain, and useful to a lesser degree against some of the newer variants, there's also very good evidence that even in cases where it failed to stop infection outcomes are less severe.

So i just don't really understand why people would want to reject that, especially here where it's free and we got a good look at the results of the rest of the world having it first so we know it's safe.

To me it's like if the government wanted to give me free money and I told them to go fuck off. Like sure - i CAN and i have the right to and I shouldn't be made to - but why would I want to do that to myself?

I mean sure if there's some subjective reason one thinks the vaccine is terrible then whatever....but that's where it gets odd to me that it's surprising to me given all the data and the global consensus is that the major issue turned out to be people not wanting it. Like to me we're really lucky we live in an age where we could make a vax.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm pretty fortunate to have the vaccine and booster.

I have a theory that a major infection source is through the eye. No one ever considers how vulnerable that part of the body is when it comes to illness infection. This virus hangs in the air in microscopic particles and can easily enter the eye. Not a lot of masks covers the eyes. I have a habit of leaving my sunglasses on when entering a store or whatever. I think you can catch this in a lot of weird ways. One of the very first symptoms was red eyes.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

https://apple.news/A7lLv_GWxSUqbmTD1i5FJMw

Definitely lab made, this is scary shit.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Kazakhstan is collapsing. Some people speculate that if prices of fuel and food continue to go up it could trigger another Arab Spring phenomenon with multiple countries slipping into chaos.

Any Eastern Europeans on this site who can share what they are seeing?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/01/05/asia … index.html

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Kazakhstan is collapsing. Some people speculate that if prices of fuel and food continue to go up it could trigger another Arab Spring phenomenon with multiple countries slipping into chaos.

This is one of those types of crises that can quickly spiral out of control.

There's nothing that the West can do about this one but sit back and watch it unfold. All eyes have been on Ukraine and the imminent move there.

Maybe this crisis delays the invasion?

A lot of tension in this region right now...

Russia/Ukraine
Issues between Belarus and Poland(refugee crisis)
Kazakhstan

In other news, North Korea claims to have hypersonic missiles now.

Fantastic...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

This is one of those types of crises that can quickly spiral out of control.

There's nothing that the West can do about this one but sit back and watch it unfold. All eyes have been on Ukraine and the imminent move there.

Maybe this crisis delays the invasion?

A lot of tension in this region right now...

Russia/Ukraine
Issues between Belarus and Poland(refugee crisis)
Kazakhstan

In other news, North Korea claims to have hypersonic missiles now.

Fantastic...

Isn’t it refreshing to have an adult back in the White House making things better for everyone.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

How nice of the Russian government to help the incompetents in Kazakhstan continue to squeeze their population. Imagine just doubling the energy prices for an already impoverished populace living in a arctic climate. In Turkey the inflation was 50% in December. Population there is dirt poor to start with and living off tourists who are no longer coming. Another bomb waiting to go off.

In the West the only thing keeping the economic charade together is the corona hoax. They're pumping more fiat money into the economy than you can believe. 40% of US gdp in just a few months last year. And they're still doing it.

You don't believe naked tyranny is coming? It'll be the only alternative from keeping complete anarchy from breaking out when the chickens inevitably come home to roost.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

You don't believe naked tyranny is coming?

So how will this look if it happens? Like what exactly is going to happen in the west?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

You don't believe naked tyranny is coming?

So how will this look if it happens? Like what exactly is going to happen in the west?

They need vaccine passports and digital currency to keep the lid on the fiat bubble. If not there will be hyperinflation and world chaos as assets evaporate.

If the people resist I think we will see boots on the ground, but if we don't (more likely) you'll just have to scan your phone every time you do something and take shots for the rest of your life to keep the pass green. People like me, if allowed to live, will be living on the fringes of society with no job, no social life.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Based on the questions the Justices asked today, I don't think Biden's vaccine mandate will be upheld.  But who knows until they release a verdict.

Board footer