You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Putin is the very definition of a paper tiger. Last year proved his military might was certainly not all it was talked up to be, now with the apparent non reaction of the Russian populace to this coup it seems his public support was all hype as well.

Absolutely.

I forgot who said it last year...may have been someone from RAND...but he said the US has known this for a long time.

They were propped up as a major power to keep defense budgets sky high.

If you admit one of your main adversaries is just a giant pussy with a rotting military, whee does the money now go?

Hell...10 years ago Obama said Russia is just a regional power now.

We saw it in Ukraine when they ran out of gas on their way to Kiev.

This whole situation is crazy.

It's mind blowing how easy a march to Moscow appears to be. If Wagner can get there in less than a day, how quick could the US army have made it there in a crisis?!?

James

James wrote:

Members of PMC Wagner Group had reportedly crossed the borders of Moscow Oblast as of 1700 local time on June 24 and have been advancing further, Russian Telegram channels reported on June 24.

They are said to be in the town of Barabanovo, which is two hours away from the Russian capital city of Moscow.

https://english.nv.ua/nation/russian-wa … 34289.html

Holy shit....

James

James wrote:

And in the blink of an eye...the march to Moscow stops.

Wagner is claiming they will now reverse course and head back to Rostov.

What a bizarre crisis.

Either way the mop flops, the Putin era has got to be nearing its end.

Edit

Apparently Lukashenko somehow brokered the deal.

James

James wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if this was some sort of false flag/wag the dog style crisis...where none of it really happened.

There's barely any footage of anything...an oil Depot smoking, a 30 second video of a caravan, and a couple tanks driving around Moscow.

James

James wrote:

Info coming out that Wagner decided to call it off when they noticed that the masses weren't joining them in the fight...like what happened with Yeltsin in the 90s.

Crazy situation.

James

James wrote:

This is ridiculous...obscene even.

Abortions are awesome?!?

I check both politics and conservative Reddit subs for political news from time to time. Some guy on conservative was automatically banned from a sub for being on the conservative sub. Such bannings are supposed to be against Reddit policy but of course they do it anyways.

Here is his ban message....

ra3wuzd8bf8b1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=21dc0acec048d1d4dda289bf5fe171d1395beb97

That is pathetic and insane on multiple levels.

James

James wrote:

Looks like the Supreme court has finally decided to toss affirmative action on the ash heap of history.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

This is ridiculous...obscene even.

Abortions are awesome?!?

I check both politics and conservative Reddit subs for political news from time to time. Some guy on conservative was automatically banned from a sub for being on the conservative sub. Such bannings are supposed to be against Reddit policy but of course they do it anyways.

Here is his ban message....

https://preview.redd.it/ra3wuzd8bf8b1.j … d1395beb97

That is pathetic and insane on multiple levels.

Is this satire?  Cause that's what I thought when I first read this.  If not, holy shit.  I lean left, and even I find some of these things batshit insane.  I also had no idea about many of those references in that message.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Vibrant diversity on display in France while the President enjoys some Elton John.

Nothing in the media about this!

James

James wrote:

The revolution will not be televised....

Yeah that's a fucked up situation. He blames the riots on video games while attending an Elton John concert.

Something needs to be done with all these out of touch leaders. We're essentially on a speed run towards the apocalypse while they do nothing but fill their own pockets and those of their masters.

Slashsfro.... definitely not satire unfortunately. It's real. I've never heard of that sub but they're not the only ones pulling this shit.

Another example is how XX Chromosomes actually bans people with XX Chromosomes in favor of trans "women". The only women allowed are those who will focus on those without XX Chromosomes.

I should quit reading Reddit. It became a habit as it's a good place to check on all sorts of news around the world.

It's a dumpster fire. They deserved a global boycott when they deleted all the real feminist communities a few years ago.

Edit

One more thing about that crazy ban message....

When they say "the future is female"...what they mean is the future is male.

That's what they mean when they say trans is better than cis.

Board footer