You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

I’ve had a Theory for a few months now that those that absolutely fanatically deny the existence of this virus are people who cannot or will not psychologically process what we are all going through right now.

It’s a way for them to sort of stick their head in the sand and wait for it all to be over

If any of that was true....it wouldn't be a left/right issue. It would just be a portion of the general public believing that.

This virus was politicized before it even hit our soil.

Our country is broken.

Imagine the chaos if the leader of the free world who spent most of the year pushing the virus as a Chinese hoax and then as a Democratic hoax actually dies from the virus.

Millions of people believed that nonsense.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

I’ve had a Theory for a few months now that those that absolutely fanatically deny the existence of this virus are people who cannot or will not psychologically process what we are all going through right now.

It’s a way for them to sort of stick their head in the sand and wait for it all to be over

If any of that was true....it wouldn't be a left/right issue. It would just be a portion of the general public believing that.

This virus was politicized before it even hit our soil.

Our country is broken.

Imagine the chaos if the leader of the free world who spent most of the year pushing the virus as a Chinese hoax and then as a Democratic hoax actually dies from the virus.

Millions of people believed that nonsense.

There are some Democrats throughout following the rules either. Although I do agree that the most zealous and fervent deniers are trump Republicans. Many got lax toward the end of summer.

It’s only been broken the trumps have been in charge.

Let me ask you James...why was it so important to trump to deny all this? Why was that so necessary to him? Why does he have to dig in his heels especially when he’s wrong?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Let me ask you James...why was it so important to trump to deny all this? Why was that so necessary to him? Why does he have to dig in his heels especially when he’s wrong?

This is how every issue is now in our hyper-partisan environment.

If the blue team believes something, the red team has to take the opposite stance. If the red team believes something, the blue team has to take the opposite stance.

Politics was turned into sports entertainment...and no...it didn't just start with Trump. This led us to Trump.

Had the blue team initially been sceptical about the virus, the red team would be the one advocating for masks, shutdowns, etc.

Same with global warming. Republicans aren't allowed to take the issue seriously. You're a "traitor" if you do.

Something has to break this cycle.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

This is how every issue is now in our hyper-partisan environment.

If the blue team believes something, the red team has to take the opposite stance. If the red team believes something, the blue team has to take the opposite stance.

Politics was turned into sports entertainment...and no...it didn't just start with Trump. This led us to Trump.

Had the blue team initially been sceptical about the virus, the red team would be the one advocating for masks, shutdowns, etc.

Same with global warming. Republicans aren't allowed to take the issue seriously. You're a "traitor" if you do.

Something has to break this cycle.

I get the polarization part but we’re not talking about votes or making yourself look good on FOX news.

Trump isn’t even a Republican.

You’re going to risk your life to make a political point and own the libtards?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Looks ok, sure doesn't look great. Definitely ill.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

[/embed]

This is the kind of stuff that’s going to make me feel like this was all a stunt.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I've disagreed with James on a lot of stuff in these threads in the past but on this I agree wholly. No issue these days can ever processed sanely without it becoming a black and white issue as part of a left/right culture war. I'd personally argue this started with the "right" but the the left are now sucked into it and feed the machine. The only stuff where I think this kind of thing is unavoidable is social issues around race and LGBT+, with all stuff like that throughout history it has been "bumpy" to put it mildly. But a global pandemic is not and should not have become a hyper political issue like that.

It blows my mind that Covid became so Red V Blue politicised in the USA. The fact that the discussion over there still seems to be about masks and social distancing is madness. Over here the big issue at the moment is testing capacity and efficiency - I don't see a peep about that in the US news yet see reports of +20% positivity rates in some States.

This outbreak by the sounds of things took hold in the GOP top brass and the admin on Fri 25th September, and possibly Trump gave it to Hicks not the other way around. This situation is a mess and if there is any sanity left, this display of incompetence and disregard for public safety will see them voted out of office. Not an election I can participate in but one that the whole world is watching.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

He seems worried in his latest video and understandably so. Hope he is ok and maybe this may humble him.

Also the left and right thing drives me mad sometimes and I've stated it here many times. It's like everything gets turned in to left v right. The media needs sorting out badly. They hold most of the blame for how things are.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

[/embed]

This is the kind of stuff that’s going to make me feel like this was all a stunt.

Nah dude, when Boris was Covid stricken we had shit like this. He has it and they are now trying to "manage the optics" and spin their way out into this being a vote winner rather than a vote loser.

Board footer