You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

Masks work, but the more/longer you're out or around an infected person the more apt you are to make a mistake. No one says a mask stops it completely, that's why you combine that with social distancing and washing your hands.

Instead of mocking masks, he could have used it to fight against lockdowns, he just needed to be competent and disciplined. Now he's in a hospital because he has it.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This is one of the most uninformed and stupidest posts ever made on this forum.

Totally disagree.

He’ll come back with a War and Peace length manifesto, filled with research and links.

Thank you. That’s the kindest thing anyone has said in a while.  +1

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It’s a stupid comment  because it’s not based in reality. States have issued mask mandates, and there’s nothing to show it was successful. We can ignore that the CDC and WHO have said it’s spread airborne and not an aerosol, which was the argument for masks. Most European nations didn’t have a mask mandate, when the uninformed cheered them on as a successful example.

The notion that Trump could have swayed anyone is just dishonest and revisionist history.  When Trump called to close the borders, Biden called him xenophobic. Pelosi advocated people congregate in San Francisco. De Blassio and Cuomo New York.

Trump had daily conferences when the pandemic started, and the media and Democratic politicians boo hooed at it.  Claiming that we could have done anything that would result in today being a return to normal is just an uninformed and ignorant comment. No one that had a clue would make that argument.

People cheering for the virus and their political enemies to die don’t get to lecture me.

The only real action you could take is a Chinese style lockdown. The riots and protests showed us how willing Democrats were to embrace this. While the media condemned people for having Memorial Day cookouts, morons destroyed stores already hurting from shutdowns. And the same media and Democratic politicians cheered them on.

1) Masks aren't effective? That whole paragraph was a waste of my time to read.
2) Biden and Pelosi are to blame for the fact that closing our borders...er...I don't even know wtf he's saying. It sounds like it's Biden and Pelosi's fault...I think...whatever...
3) Trump's daily press conferences...what a load a shit those were...if anything they highlighted and underscored his incompetence.
4) Disgusting...totally blaming riots on Democrats....they were the ones that weren't following guidelines and refusing to wear a mask?

Such weird takes...a lot of Trump apologizing....

Also more personal insults from Randall 'Rocky' Flagg...and a lot of baseless claims in an effort to defend Trump.

In other words, par for the course.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Totally disagree.

He’ll come back with a War and Peace length manifesto, filled with research and links and totally miss the point.

All Trump had to do was appear to be handling this and doing the best we could, and the undecideds would fall his way. That’s it. Just optics. Sure he would face opposition, but that’s to be expected.

Ya know what's weird about his manifestos? He cities MSM as sources. In other posts he will bash MSM and complain about how much they suck.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Flagg...this post is unnecessary.

It's been fairly civil the past week or so and let's keep it that away. That post just fans the flames.

By the way.... even if I strongly disagreed with his post, it doesn't come within a light year of being one of the dumbest posts in the 14 year history of this community.

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

That's one hell of a take, but expexted. Don't think you'll see much support on that stance.

He's right regarding the partisan nature of protests.

People not allowed to go to funerals or get mocked for having BBQs with their families but it's peaches and cream if you loot and burn down buildings. I also saw articles months ago claiming BLM protests are safe but people protesting lockdowns are dangerous.

NO protest is "safe". The virus does not give a fuck about who you vote for.

Pelosi said I'm not allowed to get a haircut....and the left mocked all the "Karens" wanting one yet she's filmed at a salon with her mask off. Millions instantly excuse it even though they spent weeks arguing the opposite.

Like I mentioned a few pages back, both sides politicized this nightmare.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It’s a stupid comment  because it’s not based in reality.

Not based in reality? That’s because it’s a hypothetical, conjecture, opinion. As expected, you entirely miss the point. It’s all about optics. Of course now you can look back at it and say what worked and what didn’t. Again, not the point. If he started with what I was talking about, my opinion is he’d be better off politically.

Randall Flagg wrote:

Claiming that we could have done anything that would result in today being a return to normal is just an uninformed and ignorant comment. No one that had a clue would make that argument.

I didn’t say it would be a return to normal. We’d be in a better place, for sure. Other countries achieved this.

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Ya know what's weird about his manifestos? He cities MSM as sources. In other posts he will bash MSM and complain about how much they suck.

In all fairness....if he or anyone else didn't use mainstream sources, they'd be ridiculed.

The MSM does suck. They shoulder much of the blame for the mess this country is in.

Hell.... without their 24/7 promotion of Trump in 2015-16, he never gets close to the presidency.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

That's one hell of a take, but expexted. Don't think you'll see much support on that stance.

He's right regarding the partisan nature of protests.

People not allowed to go to funerals or get mocked for having BBQs with their families but it's peaches and cream if you loot and burn down buildings. I also saw articles months ago claiming BLM protests are safe but people protesting lockdowns are dangerous.

NO protest is "safe". The virus does not give a fuck about who you vote for.

Pelosi said I'm not allowed to get a haircut....and the left mocked all the "Karens" wanting one yet she's filmed at a salon with her mask off. Millions instantly excuse it even though they spent weeks arguing the opposite.

Like I mentioned a few pages back, both sides politicized this nightmare.

I can agree with what you said, but that in no way excuses the actions of the President, which is what he is doing and has always done. Trumps actions are undefendable and it's as simple as that.

2 wrongs don't make it right.

James

James wrote:

I'm not excusing his handling of the pandemic. It was an obvious and massive cluster fuck and the fact he actually caught the virus the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

There's been very little consistency coming from either side in this and it made it so much worse than it had to be.

A bipartisan approach was needed from day one. It's needed now. Even with the country falling apart they can't come together and whip up a stimulus package. Both sides too afraid that the other might benefit. You'll get some partisan bickering as window dressing but no progress will be made before the election.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He got good marks at the beginning of the pandemic, even people I know who hate him liked his press conferences. But he allowed all the right wing, conspiracy nuts (anti mask, anti lock down, anti science folks) get in his ear and that's what changed. And they did him in.

Board footer