You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Current Events Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Seems its John Kelly as the source tbh. The Atlantic is now claiming its the tip of the iceberg in their reporting. Buckle up, its gonna be a ride

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

That picture is from Toronto & he wasnt a looter or antifa, just seems he was stoking reactions from people. Arrested for disturbing the peace. per snopes.

Serves him right the idiot.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Seems its John Kelly as the source tbh. The Atlantic is now claiming its the tip of the iceberg in their reporting. Buckle up, its gonna be a ride

I dismissed it when I heard it. I just can't see how any President would say such a thing. Does this Atlantic mag or the journo have good credibility? I never heard of it myself so don't know.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

They're definitely a left-leaning magazine, they've given millions to Democratic campaigns. But it doesn't mean it isn't true. Once we get closer to election a lot is going to drop on both candidates.

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

That's the problem...the alleged savior is worse than them all...

Savior? No. The establishment has always, always been worse than Trump. Whether people are fed up with his stupidity remains to be seen.

I disagree...in an effort to ‘drain the swamp’ and rid us of Hilary the republicans picked the worst of them all...

They sold their souls to the devil elected a failed businessman reality tv show host who is done all the terrible things they accused the Clintons of....

If you are able to see trump as some sort of sympathetic figure in all this then i seriously question your judgement...

The guy ran for president as a republican, independent and democrat...he has no ideology and no fucks to give

I didn't say he was a sympathetic figure, but if you think he's worse than W, or somehow things have gotten bad because of him, I don't know what to tell you.

To think politics suddenly got bad because of Trump is wrong. The media has gotten worse.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Current Events Thread

slcpunk wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Seems its John Kelly as the source tbh. The Atlantic is now claiming its the tip of the iceberg in their reporting. Buckle up, its gonna be a ride

I dismissed it when I heard it. I just can't see how any President would say such a thing. Does this Atlantic mag or the journo have good credibility? I never heard of it myself so don't know.


Yes, they are highly regarded and have been around for 150 years. There is no political slant, they've only endorsed a couple of presidential candidates since their inception,  and one of their top contributors was a speech writer for George W. Bush. The story has also been verified by many other media outlets, including Fox News.

Trump has referred to people often as "losers" in public. I don't see this very shocking to be honest. It's par for the course and inline with everything we know about his behavior.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Current Events Thread

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Really? Like all the other controversies that were supposed to end him, all posted on this forum and were sworn were going to destroy him, but nothing did?

He was impeached and would have been booted out of office if it weren't for a criminally complicit republican party in the Senate who blocked the trial.  He also had an AG who lied about the summary of the Mueller report (which you fell for) before it was actually released.  This is before we get into all his other criminal and questionable behavior.


misterID wrote:

Biden can't even say Antifa. He waited over three months to speak about the riots. It doesn't poll well for him.

You can google this and find out it's false in about 1 minute. He's spoken out against rioting and violence consistently. Also it currently does poll well for him, as I just pointed out a page or so back. Americans see this mess and look to Biden as a leader on this, not trump.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Really? Like all the other controversies that were supposed to end him, all posted on this forum and were sworn were going to destroy him, but nothing did?

He was impeached and would have been booted out of office if it weren't for a criminally complicit republican party in the Senate who blocked the trial.  He also had an AG who lied about the summary of the Mueller report (which you fell for) before it was actually released.  This is before we get into all his other criminal and questionable behavior.


misterID wrote:

Biden can't even say Antifa. He waited over three months to speak about the riots. It doesn't poll well for him.

You can google this and find out it's false in about 1 minute. He's spoken out against rioting and violence consistently. Also it currently does poll well for him, as I just pointed out a page or so back. Americans see this mess and look to Biden as a leader on this, not trump.

Maybe you should Google it, because I did and it backed up what I said. 16

The only thing I fell for was everyone saying he was going to be kicked out of office, he was going to jail, and he colluded with Russia. All of that was false. I'm not going to fall for anymore of it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

They're definitely a left-leaning magazine, they've given millions to Democratic campaigns. But it doesn't mean it isn't true. Once we get closer to election a lot is going to drop on both candidates.

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Savior? No. The establishment has always, always been worse than Trump. Whether people are fed up with his stupidity remains to be seen.

I disagree...in an effort to ‘drain the swamp’ and rid us of Hilary the republicans picked the worst of them all...

They sold their souls to the devil elected a failed businessman reality tv show host who is done all the terrible things they accused the Clintons of....

If you are able to see trump as some sort of sympathetic figure in all this then i seriously question your judgement...

The guy ran for president as a republican, independent and democrat...he has no ideology and no fucks to give

I didn't say he was a sympathetic figure, but if you think he's worse than W, or somehow things have gotten bad because of him, I don't know what to tell you.

To think politics suddenly got bad because of Trump is wrong. The media has gotten worse.

I mean you’re critical of all the same things trump is critical...and almost never critical of him.

That just seems bizarre.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Really? Like all the other controversies that were supposed to end him, all posted on this forum and were sworn were going to destroy him, but nothing did?

He was impeached and would have been booted out of office if it weren't for a criminally complicit republican party in the Senate who blocked the trial.  He also had an AG who lied about the summary of the Mueller report (which you fell for) before it was actually released.  This is before we get into all his other criminal and questionable behavior.


misterID wrote:

Biden can't even say Antifa. He waited over three months to speak about the riots. It doesn't poll well for him.

You can google this and find out it's false in about 1 minute. He's spoken out against rioting and violence consistently. Also it currently does poll well for him, as I just pointed out a page or so back. Americans see this mess and look to Biden as a leader on this, not trump.

Maybe you should Google it, because I did and it backed up what I said. 16

The only thing I fell for was everyone saying he was going to be kicked out of office, he was going to jail, and he colluded with Russia. All of that was false. I'm not going to fall for anymore of it.

Even now as there is plenty of evidence that Russia is involving itself in the election...and there’s evidence of trump welcoming it....you still shrug your shoulders at this...

This is why i said earlier that if we’re all in agreement that foreign influence is now an open and accepted practice.

I reject that the US influencing other countries’ elections has anything to do with this...i also reject the idea that foreign countries are involved in US elections is commonplace.

I have no gripe with the media...as the people who are the most vocal in their criticism also use MSM of their choice to support their way of thinking. It also absolves the viewer of their responsibility when they participate in MSM by viewing. Just watch tucker Carlson...absolutely no news just constant propaganda and opinion pieces. Why is it the highest rated ‘news’ source in the country?

The viewers take the blame not tucker

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

The news channels are pathetic. Especially CNN and Fox. It's just constant dogging of the other side. They don't even qualify as news channels imo.
I do watch them for lol entertainment though.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB