You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Lindsey Lohan broke

James wrote:

She may be clean and sober, but a recent report in News of the World claims Lindsay Lohan faces a new challenge '” getting out of debt! After checking out of the Cirque Lodge, lil' LiLo is so cash-poor from the high cost of drugs and rehabilitation, she's staying in a guest house owned by executive producer and billionaire financier Tom Gores.

'Lindsay doesn't have much choice as she is totally broke,' a source told the newspaper. 'The only reason she's coming back to L.A. is to earn some money fast. She still thinks nothing of blowing thousands of dollars on a single night of partying. And the amount she has wasted putting cocaine up her nose is disgusting. Even she has lost count.'

Not tallying the untold money spent on her alleged cocaine use, Lindsay's other bills mounted quickly over the last year. NOTW states that one hotel stay alone ran over a million dollars once the high cost of keeping chauffeurs on standby and sipping Cristal were factored in. Another million reportedly went to clothes, plus 70Gs for hairstyles and 'tanning' (otherwise known as LiLo's orange glow), as well as hefty tabs for cars, parties and lawyers.

And last, there was the major expense for treatment. The three well-publicized rehab stays came with huge price tags, costing $30,000, $45,000 and $62,000 respectively. 'Rehab does not come cheap and Lindsay has spent a fortune on it this year,' the source said. 'Her first two stays there sadly proved a complete waste of money for her.' And shockingly, NOTW's source added, 'I can't see this time being any different.'

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

at least it was fun while it lasted 16

James

James wrote:

Funny though, I predicted her decline many months ago. You cant spend money like it grows on trees when your actual career is in jeopardy. Her music career tanked, and Hollywood producers were already saying they were gonna start phasing her out of big roles. Her films never made money at the box office, so her per film fee is going to drop astronomically.

What does she do? Become a tabloid star and spend all her money like she's gonna have million dollar bricks of gold being fed exed to her house on a weekly basis.

Ridiculous. She could've been set for life.

Kinda similar to what Whitney Houston went through. She became a crack head in the late 90's, and while spending all her money, she forgot she didn't write 99.9% of her songs, and had only done minimal touring in her entire career. She had a ton of money being smoked up but no money coming in. Its why she is desperate for her next album to be her comeback. Its literally her last chance at getting rich again.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the thing is that lohan wasnt even that good of an actress, so i dont even understand how she became such a big name hmm

James

James wrote:

I think Hollywood has learned a lesson from the Lohan fiasco. Just because some kids get their first hard on over some airhead actress and some bloggers post about hating her, it does not mean that actress deserves huge salaries and starring roles.

She was never as popular as the media tried to claim she was. Awhile back I posted at another site the statistics that some media company released about various worldwide magazines. When Lohan or Hilton were on the cover of any magazine, sales dropped around 40%. No increase. A massive drop. That would certainly explain why Maxim did not put her on their cover of the last Hot 100 issue even though they gave her the number one spot on their Hot List. They didn't want a huge drop in sales.

I've been saying it for ages, but I seriously think the attention whore era that people like Hilton, Lohan,etc. started is coming to an end. The studios are tired of losing money on these people. If they want to risk money, they know they can take a chance on new talent.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hmm...i wonder if the magazine thing is because of the women...seems most females I know hate paris!

Its really a shame the mess these starlets get themselves into....think of how nice it would be to have such cash and then they waste it!

James

James wrote:

The thing is, she could have entirely avoided it. She just got too caught up in the whole trash culture and it took over her life. She thought because bloggers were talking about her daily and paparazzi were following her meant she was going to be a star forever. She forgot that not only do you need talent, you need a public that doesn't despise you to the point where they will avoid all films that you do.

I understand now why Natalie Portman tries to be more private. Sure, she fucks male models and a few celebs, and probably even does a litle dope. Big difference is she doesn't go to clubs and gossip tabloids showing off. So she gets to have fun while also having a large fanbase that respects her and she has her choice of any role she wants.

Why throw your career away so you can give some dude a blowjob in the bathroom and make sure the news gets to the tabloids so bloggers can bitch about it? Then repeat the same thing. I remember the last big story before Lohan went to rehab(again) was she was in some bathroom at a club snorting coke with a bunch of women. She started bragging how she was about to fly to NY to fuck some dude. Does that REALLY need to be in the news?

Yeah, if you have no talent and are relying on tabloids to prop your dying career up.

These young stars need to learn that getting your name in the tabloids does not mean you are going to be rich and stay that way. Its actually a sign of a dying career.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

This kind of makes me think that Axl may not be as set either. 

Even thogh he gets royalty money and money from tours, he still owes $13mil to Universal or Interscope and what about his lawyer fees for all the lawsuits he gets dealt with?

Does anyone think Axl could be close to broke?

What would his net worth be if you had to guess?

James

James wrote:

Axl has made tons of money from albums and huge tours over the past 20 years. He cant be broke. Lohan made little money on the films that got her famous, and made a few mil on the films afterwards. Now she's basically broke and has nothing to fall back on but a prayer to be liked by the public again. Its not going to happen because she ruined her image. Like Hilton, Lohan only gets attention from the media and people who don't like her. That doesn't translate into a fat bank account. If Hilton wasn't born rich, she would be living in a cardboard box right now.

Her future is in C movies.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

How stupid can these kids be?  And how can there not be someone around them to smack them upside the head and tell them they're being stupid.

If I dropped into sudden stardom, sure I'd probably go buck wild on clothes, parties, etc.  But at some point, wouldn't you think to put some of it away?  Invest in your own future?

Just disgusting thinking of how many better ways that money could've been spent.

Board footer