You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

Re: GNRevolution Exclusive! Classic Rock Feb Mag Cover!

bucketfoot wrote:

The leaks we've heard are old. Regardless of your opinion of if they're good or not, the final version will sound more fresh and organic. Even if nothing was changed a final mix and master does wonders....

As much as I love Bucket, he wasn't a replacement for Slash. Maybe in terms of technically prowess and ability but the guy just stood there. He didn't run around the stage or say something goofy into the mic.

I think Robin is a great replacement for Slash interms of stage presence and aura, however they play completely different. Eventhough Robin has a lot of emotion in his playing, he's not the long shredding solo type guitarist. That's where Bumble comes in.

Anyway what BBA said, LEAK motherfucker.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bringbackadler in 2008 wrote:

If the 1st album is below par, the critics, media, and fans will eat Axl alive.

yeah cuz the way he's doing things right now make it seem that he cares what the critics say...

bucketfoot wrote:

As much as I love Bucket, he wasn't a replacement for Slash. Maybe in terms of technically prowess and ability but the guy just stood there. He didn't run around the stage or say something goofy into the mic.

and did you see the band in 2002? Cuz from where i was sitting the energy in the building was electric...and BH was mezmerizing...hell i have buddies who are the most critical motherfuckers alive, they made fun of BH up and down for being a fag with a mask and a chicken bucket...come showtime, they stood in awe of bucket that day and were amazed the guy is unreal....one freind said it was the second best show he's seen aside from Floyd's division bell tour

bootlegs and youtube dont do any show justice...you gotta be there to understand stage presence my freind.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I'm not saying we've heard THE best and everything else is mediocre. We have heard part of the best. All of the songs we are listening to have their origins in the late 90's. If those tracks are still being considered(they are) in 2008 and beyond, then clearly it is A list material.

well i think its pretty unanimous that they are good enough tracks to make any album...even one as mythical as CD

I'm pretty happy with the material that we've all heard so far..if the other 17 tracks which are "nearly complete" are nearly as good or as good as them then i'll be one happy camper wink

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

bootlegs and youtube dont do any show justice...you gotta be there to understand stage presence my freind.

No kidding. There's some clips of one of the MIA shows I went to on youtube, and they don't even come close to showing the impact she has working the crowd and delivering an amazing performance.

Neemo wrote:

yeah cuz the way he's doing things right now make it seem that he cares what the critics say...

Hey, if you believe Axl's "plan" is to release B-side songs on the first album and save the A list for a later time, that's your business. You have to admit though, sounds a little far fetched. Doesn't it ?

bba in 08'

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Hey, if you believe Axl's "plan" is to release B-side songs on the first album and save the A list for a later time, that's your business. You have to admit though, sounds a little far fetched. Doesn't it ?

bba in 08'

I don't think anyone here considers these songs B list songs. Pretty much everybody likes them(or most of them anyways). The point is that if they weren't A list songs, they wouldn't be in contention for the first album for a decade.

These songs can be A list with there being some other A list songs still in the vault.

Jameslofton wrote:

I don't think anyone here considers these songs B list songs. Pretty much everybody likes them(or most of them anyways). The point is that if they weren't A list songs, they wouldn't be in contention for the first album for a decade.

These songs can be A list with there being some other A list songs still in the vault.

I never said the demos that we have now are B side songs. I'm just saying that there are like 50-60 songs "supposedly" that we haven't heard. I find it highly unlikely that all 50-60 of these are going to be A list songs. Those songs are the ones I was referring to as B list songs.

I agree that The Blues, TWAT, Better are probably 'A' list songs. Axl referred to these 3 as his favorite in 2006, right ? I don't deny that there probably are other songs of the same caliber that have not been heard. I just don't believe that this "unheard" stuff, it going to be much better than what we have now, nor do I think it will have warranted the un-godly amount of time that this has taken in the end.

Hope I'm wrong. We'll see.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

this album will never warrant the 15 years....its only an album...hell even dark side of the moon couldnt come fast enough for FLoyd fans and its usually ranked among the best albums ever made

i think 50-60 is a stretch...we prolly shouldnt go past he number 32 which Axl mentioned in Jan'06...so even by the 32 tracks comment it means that hes is nowhere near complete for a third disk...i think we can presume 2 for sure cuz of the 26 nearly complete tracks comment...but for 3 albums of 10-13 songs they still need a half dozen tracks

of course the monkey wrench in this whole train of thought is the b-side comment that Axl had in 02 when he said CD would have 18 tracks and none of the songs he played that year would be on the album...which of course were Maddy, Blues, CD, Rhiad and Silkworms...another curious point to that is why on gods green earth wouldnt he have the title track on the album 16 hmm

anyway 4 years later 2 of the five tracks we've heard are among his top three and the setlist that Del posted contains 4 of the 5 tracks...i can imagine they would rehearse the songs if they werent gearing up for a possible album release and tour. also curious that better which was gonna be on a HD commercial and the 3rd if axls 3 faves was leaked a mere 6 weeks later

Sky Dog wrote:

Neemo, I don't know why I am posting this, but Axl never said the songs he was playing would not be on the album. He only said they were not being considered for singles-not b sides, not a sides, just other songs on the album that were not being considered for singles-that is a fact from London 02. People get so confused.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

^sorry my bad..it was a while ago and my memory isnt that great 16

here is the exact quote

"There's been some concern. That if we play five or six new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire, mon frère. We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks. And when that, when the record company feels that has run its course, then you'll get it all over again. By that time, I should be done with the third album. So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls"

back then someone suggested that the 10 extra tracks would be bside's to singles...not an extra disk...regardless...in 2002 CD was gonna have 18 tracks...in 06 it was down to 13...so who knows exactly where it stands today hmm

Board footer