You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Just saw this statistic....

Those streaming statistics are impressive for an album no one truly cares about anymore. It shows some people are curious about the CD songs they are performing.

Yeah…or just saying “Alexa - play Guns N’ Roses on Spotify.”

How many times will Alexa play Chinese Democracy when giving it that basic command?

I would expect AFD to be the default option.

It’s that and there’s now a new population of young gnr fans that open up Spotify, go to GnR discography, see latest release and it’s Chinese Democracy. My broader point is I don’t think actual interest in that particular album is rising, it’s new (or reengaged) fans who don’t know any better.

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

what's even crazier are the counts for each song on the album. this i love is the most listened track, despite being the last song on the album and one of the most boring. rhiad, predictably, has the lowest. shacker's has a huge drop off, guessing because people hear bucket's elephant guitar squeals and hit NEXT!

i would have thought better was the winner.

EIx8Wyu.png

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm an eternal optimist

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

“After the 2016 Not in This Lifetime... Tour reunion tour (during which most songs from the album were played), Billboard reported the album's digital streams jumped from 8 million streams to 24 million, as well as 7,900 additional copies sold”

Those streaming statistics are impressive for an album no one truly cares about anymore. It shows some people are curious about the CD songs they are performing.

That top hat’s a draw, brother. 16

And the reason TIL is so high up is it’s played on and off since NITL and at its core is just a GNR ballad with a guitar solo. It’s basically what it November was extra sad and boring but it doesn’t have a sound that’s weird for GNR whereas the rest kind of do to casual fans.

They soundchecked both Absurd and Hardschool tonight FYI so all eyes on the band again tonight

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

And this proshot clip of Absurd is the first official release of new material

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

You beat me to it.

If Axl and the band can put together more performances like that, I'd 100% be interested in a live album, dvd, what have you.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

“After the 2016 Not in This Lifetime... Tour reunion tour (during which most songs from the album were played), Billboard reported the album's digital streams jumped from 8 million streams to 24 million, as well as 7,900 additional copies sold”

That top hat’s a draw, brother. 16

And the reason TIL is so high up is it’s played on and off since NITL and at its core is just a GNR ballad with a guitar solo. It’s basically what it November was extra sad and boring but it doesn’t have a sound that’s weird for GNR whereas the rest kind of do to casual fans.

They soundchecked both Absurd and Hardschool tonight FYI so all eyes on the band again tonight

Yep...look at the list Dale posted. If it's a song not being played on this tour....no one gives the tiniest of shits.

They really should play both songs from here on out. Get em off the list of alternates and make them a permanent part of the set....at least until there's an album release and more songs to work with.

That vid they posted is awesome.

They aren't playing it for nothing.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

We have liftoff. Axl announced the single drops tonight at midnight EST.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

I am so shocked and excited that the first song with Axl and Slash is going to be Silkworms wow

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

So I assume no album this fall. They wouldn't really make Silkworms their lead single for a full album, would they?

Board footer