You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 109 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

Axl S wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I’m a bit worried no liftoff until 2022 but I guess we’ll see in the coming weeks

I'm less worried about it being 2022 and more worried we get no confirmation, announcement or anything this year. If this release is going to have multiple SKUs (streaming, download, regular release on CD and Vinyl, deluxe editions, etc.) would seem smart to get that out in time for November/December. And based on what they did with AFD Remaster... they love deluxe editions. Hell, even ChiDem got a shitty one with a t-shirt.

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
Wagszilla
 Rep: 16 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

Wagszilla wrote:

Call it Legend of the Red Panda and have it come with a plush red panda doll.

A better idea than a flimsy Chinese takeout box anyway…

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

huntermc wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Yes, I think releasing a new song every 4-6 weeks is a good way to go. They don't even have to release the album. Release 12 songs over however many months...and then the fans can put it all together as an album/collection.

That seems to be the trend among a lot of bands these days. Drop a single on Spotify/YouTube once a month or so, and after about five or six of them, then drop the rest of the album. And it makes sense the way consumers have such short attention spans these days.

Scabbie
 Rep: 32 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

Scabbie wrote:

How about grab some acoustic guitars and create some stripped down songs. No samples, effects etc and possibly easier on Axls voice.

polluxlm
 Rep: 208 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

polluxlm wrote:

Amazingly the optimists were right this time. Must be a first.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 19 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

dalethirsty wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

How about grab some acoustic guitars and create some stripped down songs. No samples, effects etc and possibly easier on Axls voice.

i often wonder if the current lineup has ever sat in a room with acoustic guitars. that is what made gn'r magic - they wrote paradise city on acoustics while riding around in the tour bus. surely, this situation has presented itself over the past 5 years.

i'd be totally fine with a re-worked cd2 with slash and duff, but a new song from them would be an absolute treat to hear.

if axl has shown stuff to slash and duff, surely slash and duff have played stuff for axl?

monkeychow
 Rep: 641 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

monkeychow wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

surely, this situation has presented itself over the past 5 years.

Yeah what they need to do is just hang out no pressure IMO.

Like living together and chilling is what made some of the GNR stuff happen.

But it could go either way these days. Like they could travel independently. Axl can have his private routines to warm his voice and get in the right head space, Duff does whatever duff does to overcome anxiety etc, Slash warms up on guitar, they all have their own families and peeps around them....maybe they only bring it all together each night in the last few minutes...who knows....

I love absurd...but recording wise it sounds like Slash came in to the studio and muted the BBF channels and then played something to go with what was down already....which worked out cool...but what we want is like 2 guys hanging out writing songs organically....but can that even happen these days when we're all old and they're rich and famous? I dunno.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

tejastech08 wrote:
huntermc wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Yes, I think releasing a new song every 4-6 weeks is a good way to go. They don't even have to release the album. Release 12 songs over however many months...and then the fans can put it all together as an album/collection.

That seems to be the trend among a lot of bands these days. Drop a single on Spotify/YouTube once a month or so, and after about five or six of them, then drop the rest of the album. And it makes sense the way consumers have such short attention spans these days.

Exactly. If you drop the album right away with only 1 single released, a lot of songs end up getting lost in the shuffle. By releasing a bunch of songs in a separate manner before releasing an album, you force the audience to give proper attention to each song.

Scabbie
 Rep: 32 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

Scabbie wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
huntermc wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Yes, I think releasing a new song every 4-6 weeks is a good way to go. They don't even have to release the album. Release 12 songs over however many months...and then the fans can put it all together as an album/collection.

That seems to be the trend among a lot of bands these days. Drop a single on Spotify/YouTube once a month or so, and after about five or six of them, then drop the rest of the album. And it makes sense the way consumers have such short attention spans these days.

Exactly. If you drop the album right away with only 1 single released, a lot of songs end up getting lost in the shuffle. By releasing a bunch of songs in a separate manner before releasing an album, you force the audience to give proper attention to each song.

I agree with this. I’m Patiently waiting for a new album from the Wildhearts which drops early September. The first song was played as an encore to a live stream concert. Then released 3 songs to Spotify and one to Kerrang! Radio from memory and a cool music video to the last single. It’s been a nice build up as the album slowly starts to reveal itself with each song before you finally hear how it all pieces together. It would be nice if GNR could do the same. I’m still a fan of the album as opposed to single songs.

With regards to the acoustic guitars, I think it would be cool if the band could release an EP with acoustic songs, which would balance out any CD style tracks quite nicely. They could also possibly have a b-side of their favourite covers like Lies. This would mean the album could be kept purely for original songs.

Scabbie
 Rep: 32 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

Scabbie wrote:

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB