You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

misterID wrote:

You ever experience a haunting? Let me hear it. I've had some weird experiences, some were actually kind of heartwarming, while others I don't like to talk about because I have this irrational fear I'll experience it again. 16

I'm comfortable telling this: When I was a teenager my father owned a golf course in Florida that was well known to be haunted. We couldn't keep employees because the place was just so frightening. You'd hear children running up and down the hallways upstairs where we had lodge rooms, but no one was up there. The lights upstairs would turn on by themselves in locked rooms, so would the sinks, the cops would show up because motion sensors on the alarm would go off frequently, and the room doors, which were always locked, would be found wide open. I personally heard two women having a conversation when I was alone in the building, but I could never find the source (many people heard them, too). Golf clubs disappeared from people's bags only to reappear later --This happened to my dad several times. Workers saw an old man in the clubhouse watching them from these huge windows in the grill room when the building was closed. Others saw him on the golf course, one guy even said he'd been driving a maintenance cart early in the morning and saw the man sitting next to him.

My dad made me wash dishes for the restaurant, and no joke, one night something grabbed my ass while I was working. I had about fifteen stacks of three dinner glasses lined up on a counter, so I turn around & grabbed another stack of glasses, when I turned back a few seconds later all fifteen stacks were lined up perfectly on the tile floor. Not a single one was broken, so they didn't fall the three feet to the floor, they were lined up perfectly as they were on the counter. One night after I closed down the kitchen and cut the lights, I heard and ungodly loud BAM! A four foot heavy chain we used to lock the deep freezer had flown off an ice machine, traveled six feet down a short hall, turned a corner, travelled another twenty feet and landed in a perfect spiral around a drain in the floor.

Upstairs was really, really bad. Even the air felt wrong. All the worst stuff happened up there. To this day, I have recurring nightmares about being pulled up there. We did find some weird occult books in the library up there, but I have no idea if that was the cause.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

In pretty sure my uncle's house was haunted...i remeber going there one evening and i swear i witnessed a native american cermeony where 2 young men were being made warriors by their shaman ... this happened in the laundry room, lol

My cousin also has told me many stories over the years as well...getting locked in a closet that had no lock and when the door opens a old photo of and unknown family falls down from a high shelf that that noone had ever noticed before, missing items turning up days later

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I believe in ghosts. The only real question...and I wish scientists would tackle it...is....

What are they?

Are they dead people? Are they beings living in a dimension on top of ours?

My aunt's apartment in Ceres in the late 70s early 80s was haunted. Lights would go on and off by themselves, doors shut and close by themselves, this weird light would momentarily shine in the shower.

That specific apartment had a high turnover. Years later when driving by it, half the time it was empty.

At my grandma's in the mid 80s, her and my aunt had what we called the haunted clown. It was a stuffed clown her boyfriend won at the fair. It would move to different areas of her bedroom when no one was in there. It was creepy. It scared the younger grandkids so they eventually tossed it in the back of a closet.

Wish I had asked her to give it to me. It's a shame we didn't have a video camera to get footage of it. I experienced it many times. It really moved on its own.

Not a ghost but some sort of supernatural event...

In the 1970s at the local park in the middle of the night, my aunts saw a hearse pull into the park and Frankenstein and a midget got out of the hearse. They ran for their lives.

I know what you're going to say.... Halloween.

It wasn't Halloween...and besides...even if it was Halloween, where in the fuck does a guy find a midget and a hearse? And why go to that park?

I loved hearing this story at family gatherings over the years. It blew their minds. My aunt Pam would shake when talking about it.

I agree with her...they should've hid behind bushes to see what was going to happen.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It's so weird you said this... When my nephew was a baby he'd take a nap in his baby bed, the kind with the gate that keeps them from getting out of bed, basically a big crib. He had this huge basket of stuffed animals and sometimes when my mom and sister would go get him they'd find all the stuffed animals in his bed and the basket empty (this basket was made of wicker and enormous). When they'd ask how he got the toys in his bed he said Ernie did it.... He had this little Ernie doll from Sesame Street. One day I put him down for a nap, then I heard him laughing, so I walked into his room and the basket was turned over and empty with all the toys in his bed. I asked him how he got the toys in his bed and he said Ernie and pointed... I swear, the damn Ernie doll was sitting in a chair like someone just posed him there, like the thing was staring at me. We ended up throwing it away. I'm not sure if was the doll, because the house was weird.

My family had a story -- this was in the 50s. My grandmother had a house next door to my great grandmother. This was out deep in the country where you Had your own little homesteads, surrounded by woodlands and mountains. Everyone stayed at my great grandmothers house during the day. So my dad, his cousins and my grandmother and her mother were doing laundry when they saw a hearse pulling up the road to their houses. The hearse stopped at my grandmother's, which was about a hundred yards away, and everyone watched as four men got out, took out a coffin and carried it inside the house. The men came back out without it, got into the hearse and drove off. Of course this freaked everyone out, it was just women and children. They sent one of the boys to get an uncle and his gun. The uncle searched all through the house, but never found anything.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This will sound crazy but I have found that places where very bad stuff has happened sort of make me feel uncomfortable.

Not sure if it's ghosts exactly - but it's like there's residual "bad vibes" in a place.

I'm sure a skeptic would say it's because I know what happened there. This might be true for touring historical dungeons and stuff in the UK.

However, restaurant in melbourne where i felt it so strongly I couldn't wait to leave. Hard to even explain it - just like an overwhelming feeling of dread for no reason - sudden onset and went away just as fast when I left. Later found out the restaurant is built on the site of a former convent-type place where a lot of people were abused. Maybe it's chance....but felt real enough at the time.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

My family had a story -- this was in the 50s. My grandmother had a house next door to my great grandmother. This was out deep in the country where you Had your own little homesteads, surrounded by woodlands and mountains. Everyone stayed at my great grandmothers house during the day. So my dad, his cousins and my grandmother and her mother were doing laundry when they saw a hearse pulling up the road to their houses. The hearse stopped at my grandmother's, which was about a hundred yards away, and everyone watched as four men got out, took out a coffin and carried it inside the house. The men came back out without it, got into the hearse and drove off. Of course this freaked everyone out, it was just women and children. They sent one of the boys to get an uncle and his gun. The uncle searched all through the house, but never found anything.

Incidents like this makes me believe it is another dimension or alternate timeline stacked on top of ours and these are slips or glitches in the matrix.

It's possible that one or several can converge for varying amounts of time.

While it has nothing to do with ghosts or supernatural occurrences (or does it).... scientists speculate there could be as many as 24 dimensions.

We're only seeing a fraction of reality.

Ever read about quantum computing? Check out Geordie Rose....a pioneer in the field. He talks about stealing resources from these dimensions and even mentioned that we've summoned something and it's on its way here. He said if the world wasn't so obsessed with politics and other superficial nonsense, it's all we'd talk about.

For all we know, they've figured out all this stuff and simply haven't told us.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:
James wrote:

Incidents like this makes me believe it is another dimension or alternate timeline stacked on top of ours and these are slips or glitches in the matrix. .

I swear when I was on a field trip (forget what for) in fourth grade, we had our lunches on this park pavilion area. The wind blew away like a Dorito bag I finished from my lunch and ran almost to the other side of this park to catch it. I see a class of different kids from another school having lunch but the kids and even the teachers/chaperones were dressed to the toe in '70s clothing, hair, facial hair and sideburns, and this is about 1998! They were all looking at me like I were an alien and I truly felt out of place. James I remember that Hearse story from way back in the day, weird but cool stuff! The truth is out there...

Now on to MY ghost experiences

House 1:

I grew up in a duplex in the '90s with my mother. When I was aged 8-9 I woke up in the middle of the night, in this house we left the bathroom light on at night instead of the hallway light because it would be too bright. I saw what looked like a woman walked through the hallway, I knew it wasn't my mom because she has brunette hair. This lady was nude and had lighter, blonde hair pulled back in a style like in the '50s or maybe older. I could sort of see through her.

Fast forward a little further in this same house. For some reason I slept in the living room and woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. On the wall opposite from me, there was something door-sized and oval shaped but it was like a glowing green. I remember the fear and couldn't look at it. I was keeping my blanket covered over me tight.

House 2:

In my late teens, we moved from that duplex into a town house in a row home the next town over, that my aunt and uncle lived in previously years ago. I had a few strange experiences like seeing figures in my peripheral vision and disappear as soon as I would turn my head in the direction. But my mom had worse, she woke up feeling her blankets being lifted and dropped back on top of her, next she would wake up feeling strangled. One time in December, we were looking through Christmas decorations, she felt somebody or something pull her pants down. She hollered at me first but knew it couldn't have been me because I was in the other side of the room with my back to her. We moved after 5 years and  later talked to the owners that moved in after us, they saw a ghost what they described as a black midget dressed in early 20th century clothing. Remember I said earlier that my relatives previously lived there years before? I talked to my cousin who said as a kid she would stay in the powder room and just to talk to "imaginary friends" also dressed in early 20th century type clothing. All I found out was that whole row home was once a cigar factory but I'm still trying to find more information on it.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Great stories!

I had an experience after my dad passed away. It was a few minutes after I got the phone call that he died, but even before I knew what the phone call was before I answered. I brokedown, probably the worst I ever had. All I could think about was every argument we ever had, and I felt really, really guilty I wasn't there. And there was no talking me out of it. Then, out of nowhere, I felt this wamth, a really really comfortable warmth. And then I could smell him. My father always smelled good, always wore cologne, not so much at the end, but that's what I think of when I think about my dad. And then I felt him. He was standing right in the room, but I couldn't see him. But he was right there. I felt his hand on the back of my neck and all that guilt was gone, just like that. There wasn't even a lot of sadness or grief. I was okay. And then his presence just vanished. And that was it. No smell, no warmth, nothing.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

Great story misterID! It's nice to be lucky enough to get that comfort from a recently deceased loved one. My condolences.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

For me, it's not as much about "do you believe" as in "what is it". Just like with UFOs, the term "ghost" sort of creates a dumbed down media stigma with a giggle factor. In all seriousness, this thing we call “ghosts” should be looked into further as I am convinced there’s something going on. I would recommend a change of name though to get rid of the taboo baggage.

I don’t know what it is, but it exists and its unpredictable and extremely hard to understand or come to terms with. It is a mixed bag with several types of phenomena. But it’s there.

I’ve experienced a few paranormal events or “situations” – I think most people have. From things turning on by themselves to premonitions and even strange lights in the sky. However, it is the 2016 “event” that changed things.
From February to June I was in complete turmoil as my marriage had failed. I was constantly thinking of what to do next and plan accordingly like the adult that I was. I felt – at the time – I only had one shot at getting it “right” next time. I pressured myself immensely about making the right decisions for the future without knowing what the future would bring.
And then, someone came.

Never before or since have I had this sensation or experience. It was like another person transferred feelings of care and love to me and used my human, biological traits for the cause. I have always cared for my mother, like most do, but suddenly this was jacked up to new heights. I had no idea what was going on, but clearly someone was trying to communicate with me through my own emotions. In May I had not told my parents about my marriage breaking up yet, and I was struggling to tell them. I was driving home from them one night and I was thinking out loud how no one knew.

“But I know,” was the message that came to me.
There was two consciousness types within me and it was shocking to be part of.

By late May I was quite convinced this personality/consciousness that had entered me or stayed close to me was my grandmother on my mothers side. I never got to know her well due to sickness, and I remember being equally fascinated and pleased with actually having some form of “new” relationship to my grandmother 22 years after she passed. It was very, very personal. And the level of compassion that flowed into me from this external source was breathtaking. Her care for me, and for her daughter (my mother) was completely off the charts.

This lasted for some months, and then it started to disappear. I had made some decisions by then.

People will say it was only me being emotional. However, my real emotional reactions to the marriage breaking up only came later that fall. And I tried once again to find this mental state I had that spring of someone being there trying to call upon whatever it did that to me that spring. I did not find it or feel it again, and I could not awake or call it back. It stayed while I was trying to make decisions and I was left with my struggles once I was on my way. I have never, ever felt it since.

Instead of trying to brush it aside like it was me playing games with myself, I have chosen to embrace the event, and accept that consciousness is not dying with the body. Some of these so called mediums and spiritualists are onto something, and I felt it back in the spring of 2016.

Board footer