You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Wtf happened to…This I Love

FlashFlood wrote:

Should have been an Axl solo song, piano only, and released in 94. Doesn’t need to be on the album but was his pet.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Said it many years ago....

Take the best songs from Duff's Believe in Me....

Believe in Me
Could It Be U
10 Years
Swamp Song

Gilby's Pawnshop Guitars....

Cure Me or Kill Me
Tijuana Jail
Skin N Bones
Dead Flowers

Slash's Snakepit

Beggars and Hangers On
Good To Be Alive
Neither Can I
Lower

And add This I Love......you've got a decent GNR album in 94-95.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

One more thing about the song itself....

He shouldn't even have mentioned it in that 92 interview. There was no sign at the time that the band was about to be hard at work on an album so no point in starting another hype train.... especially with TSI on the horizon.

Even though I wanted to hear it like everyone else, it shouldn't have been released on Chinese. Since it originated during the Illusion period, save it for the reunion.

Sky Dog wrote:

Agree....doesn’t fit the album at all. However, I do like  the song.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I realize it's a controversial opinion on this forum but I love Robin's solo. Slash's version is just more mindless shred. I like the music box in the remix but Axl way overdoes the verses, so I prefer the album version.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I realize it's a controversial opinion on this forum but I love Robin's solo. Slash's version is just more mindless shred. I like the music box in the remix but Axl way overdoes the verses, so I prefer the album version.

All things considered I love Robin’s solos on the album. Now his solo spots on the tours, on the other hand, I could do without.

Damn…Bucket and Robin could have been a cool duo. Would love if they collaborated in the future.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:

This I love sucks in any form

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Agreed that it should have been saved for the re-union as it sticks out like a sore thumb on CD.

Overproduced for sure and an inferior epic for me. Solo from Finck ain't bad but it doesn't hit the dizzying heights of Slash on the Illusions which it cry's out for. When Axl mentioned in 2002(?) that could Slash could play on 3 songs, this was surely one of them.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think it's one of Axl's most beautiful songs.

I see what you mean about it being out of place on the record, it's more of a UYI track, I would have been interested to hear it recorded around NR era.

Like i said about TWAT too - it would be interesting to hear a slash composition for the solo part - not just Slash covering the existing solo with improv like we mostly get live these days - but a 1990s Slash doing a fresh take to elevate the song....that would have been interesting.

That said it's a beautiful song.

The dance version with the scream vocals is kinda different but amazing vocally too. I love it in a different way. I hope one day the vault opens and there's more gems like this one - the fact we almost never heard that makes me think Axl could always have other throw away stuff that O love somewhere.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Same, one of my favorite songs on the record. The solo is perfect, and Slash... butchered it, time after time.

Board footer