You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Absurd

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

This is getting shit tons of media attention...

RS
NME
Billboard
Kerrang
iHeartRadio
GuitarWorld

List goes on......

Crazy how everyone starts paying attention when new things get unveiled.

And the press is either neutral or positive.

Clearly the press are ready to give whatever they put out a fair shake, they should capitalise on this buzz and get Hardschool and Absurd out the door as singles plus announce a fall time window for a new record.

The media always wanted him back on top. He took various criticisms too seriously and bought into his own fan base's wacky theories.

They wanted him back in 1999, 2001, 2002, 2006, and 2016.

How many openings can they give the guy?

Yes....they need a single out ASAP.

Single: Hardschool

B side: Silkworms

Wrap that fucker in cellophane and sell it to me.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

This is getting shit tons of media attention...

RS
NME
Billboard
Kerrang
iHeartRadio
GuitarWorld

List goes on......

Crazy how everyone starts paying attention when new things get unveiled.

And the press is either neutral or positive.

Clearly the press are ready to give whatever they put out a fair shake, they should capitalise on this buzz and get Hardschool and Absurd out the door as singles plus announce a fall time window for a new record.

The media always wanted him back on top. He took various criticisms too seriously and bought into his own fan base's wacky theories.

They wanted him back in 1999, 2001, 2002, 2006, and 2016.

How many openings can they give the guy?

Yes....they need a single out ASAP.

Press is press.  They're getting mentioned which is important.  Again from a band (or guy) who seems to have squandered every opportunity for momentum in the last 20 years, I really hope they take advantage of this now.

Oh,  I agree with whomever said a few pages back that the original lyrics from 20 years ago were far better.

And yeah, they never really hated him (aside from a few journos) but he just built up this distrust for the media and it just snowballed.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
James wrote:

I think this is the best hope, as these are the only two on the alt list, ie: the only two with pyro, video package, and rehearsals.

You hit on it. Release 2 songs per leg. Works for me.

They can have my money.

James

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I think it was Goldstein who said play 3 songs a leg and eventually release your album.

Good idea but that timetable is too slow in the modern era, imo.

I think it's a good idea to not bury good press / good will but in my book, you play a new song a show and release it mid-tour.

In a perfect world....

They release Hardschool/Silkworms as a single/Double A side within a month...along with the announcement for an upcoming album this fall.

Within 30-60 days.... release another single... Perhaps an example.

Same amount of time later....a 3rd single to coincide with the album's release.

Your tour would be getting near continuous promotion and having your songs moving up the charts wouldn't hurt neither.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:
James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I think it was Goldstein who said play 3 songs a leg and eventually release your album.

Good idea but that timetable is too slow in the modern era, imo.

I think it's a good idea to not bury good press / good will but in my book, you play a new song a show and release it mid-tour.

In a perfect world....

They release Hardschool/Silkworms as a single/Double A side within a month...along with the announcement for an upcoming album this fall.

Within 30-60 days.... release another single... Perhaps an example.

Same amount of time later....a 3rd single to coincide with the album's release.

Your tour would be getting near continuous promotion and having your songs moving up the charts wouldn't hurt neither.

Yep.

They could even sell these with bonus original versions and/or exclusive artwork. Sell for $5 and you're making good money. And since there are at least 3-4 versions of these songs, it's not like you're lacking for material. Even if they ever released a CD-era box set, it would only have 1-2 versions of each song in all probability so they need to look for streams to release the old stuff.

Then you get them again for the full album.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:

Does anyone know if Slash's solo album would interferre with any of these plans?  I can't belive I'm asking that.

James

James wrote:

Even the algorithms are in their favor.

I googled guns N Roses Silkworms 2001 to watch the old version and compare .....it's all about last night.

Even put YouTube into that search and it brought up Absurd.

Obviously you can still get it.... it's just buried right now.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Does anyone know if Slash's solo album would interferre with any of these plans?  I can't belive I'm asking that.

When stuff happens in your main band, solo projects can get put on hold or released low key and move on.

Or they can pull a Cornell....do both simultaneously.

Any potential Slash or Duff solo projects will not get in the way.

Let's get this train wreck a rollin'.....

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

They're booked from now until the end of 2021.

They aren't booked in 2022 until June for the European leg. 

So I guess Slash could squeeze in solo stuff there if he really wanted to.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:

I know I come off as negative a lot of time, but I really hope they take advantage of this and release an album.  And has Lofton has said, provides a nice booked (in terms of an album) for their career.  It's been too long.  I want them to have another moment where they are near the top (or whatever would constitute that in the present).

Board footer