You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:

I just checked the Spotify top 200.

It's already gone.

Yep, it has fallen off a cliff on iTunes as well. At one point it was #12 on the pop chart and #1 on the rock chart. It has fallen out of the Top 200 on the pop chart and it's now #52 on the rock chart. Sweet Child is #19 on the rock chart, Jungle is #41 on the rock chart, November Rain is #49 on the rock chart, and Paradise City is #71 on the rock chart.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This was the worst single to release if they wanted it to chart, and it doesn't seem like they were worried about that.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
misterID wrote:

This was the worst single to release if they wanted it to chart, and it doesn't seem like they were worried about than that.

Honestly, you could twist it into Axl doing something for hardcores that stuck with him. A new Guns N Roses song isn’t going to do much anyway. James frequently cites Doom and Gloom and Been Away Too Long…neither has exactly entered the Zeitgeist, but certainly pleased fans (if not the masses).

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Doom and Gloom got a high quality lyric video (26mil views), band music video with a relatively big celebrity (14mil views), single release, new GH package release, movie tie-in, and started up a new tour. In other words, it did solid business.

I think Absurd can be looked at in another way. Axl is content to promote art whether people like it or not. That seems to be the brightest silver lining.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah.... they're gonna need to up the ante if they want pop culture to pay attention longer than 24-48 hours.

For starters....a movie soundtrack....

Need a legitimate video.  Everybody knows they're back but this type of thing cements it.

They should also promote the song on various shows like SNL, Tonight Show, etc. but they never really did that for some reason.

Absurd is a success even though it's already off the map. It put the world on notice that the words 'new song' and 'Guns N Roses' can now be used in the same sentence.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

I feel like the movie tie-in train has run out of steam.

But they definitely need to break free of the iconoclasm and put their backs into promoting it.

As an aside, I just listened to the Jeff Bhasker Mix of "Doom and Gloom" and whether as a single bonus or a deluxe album version this is exactly what I want for GNR. Axl would have to let go of his Caram blanket though and they would have to shell out the $ for someone to give us a fresh perspective on some of the songs.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

Axl says "absurd" 12 times in this song.

I just listened to an EDM track which says "Chicago" roughly 100 times in 3-and-a-half minutes.

You kids are so spoiled.

James

James wrote:

Never heard that one....but I remember this...

exoterica

exoterica wrote:
James wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDns8x3Jb4

That one is pretty catchy for the first minute.

For your listening displeasure

James

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
James wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDns8x3Jb4

That one is pretty catchy for the first minute.

For your listening displeasure

[/embed]

Holy shit....

That makes The Beatles Revolution 9 sound like Stairway to Heaven.

Board footer