You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

Re: When do we hear Hardskool?

dalethirsty wrote:

if slash and duff can make silkworms jam that hard, imagine what they could do with oklahoma, soul monster, d-tune, quick song, and/or devious bastard?

i don't see them touching the bucket tunes like realdoll, curly shuffle, zodiac (bummer), dub suplex or prom violence. they all have the signature bucket sound that wouldn't sound right without him.

agreed on the last 2 mins of d-tune... would love to hear slash play over that piano.

When do we hear Hard School?

August 13 4%
August 20 0%
September 3 13%
October 1 9%
This year 70%
Next year 4%
Total votes: 23

Sky Dog wrote:

I think it is better than Me & My Elvis.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Stuff like Dub Suplex and Devious Bastard can't be touched....those are literally finished Buckethead instrumentals that feel out of place.....they're from a pike buried in Axl's vault.

Prom Violence....a Giant Robot jam.... certainly has potential but can it even be released by them? It's not GNR.

Oklahoma
Soul Monster
Quick Song
D Tune

They're all crazy if they don't do something with those.

Other good stuff on there but that's the creme de la creme.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

1. hard school (3:56)
2. absurd (3:23)
3. quick song (4:15)
4. soul monster (5:48)
5. atlas shrugged (4:19)
6. perhaps (3:51)
7. oklahoma (4:20)
8. d-tune (5:25)
9. the general (5 mins? who knows)

according to my maths, that's 40 minutes, 17 seconds. lots of ways to beef it up:

state of grace? kinda dated, but anything is on the table when absurd is the single.
seven? brain is still in the band, and it's his song. it also has beltrami orchestration that makes it a sunken cost otherwise.
down by the ocean? an izzy song would give the album that classic gn'r feel, and they probably wouldn't even have to pay him.

or just round it off with studio versions of wichita lineman, the seeker and couple duff covers?

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I don't seem tp have Soul Monster or Berlin in my Village leaks. Can anyone help please?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I don't seem tp have Soul Monster or Berlin in my Village leaks. Can anyone help please?

Oklahoma = Berlin

Me and My Elvis is suspected to be Elvis and Monster of Soul aka Soul Monster. Not confirmed though.

You should have those two if you got the whole set.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Thanks - yeah have em. I really like Me and My Elvis and Oklahoma too... Quick Song not so much...

Mustache and Tonto (could see that becoming heap's punkier) also don't seem to get too much of a mention - there is some potential with those I reckon...

Only problem with most of this material is it sounds of it's time - late 90's, early 00's. A lot like A perfect Circle.

Really hoping Slash and Duff can put a more classic sheen on this..

Eye on you and of course State of Grace have potential... also wondering if As it Began will arrive fully realised as a massive Axl epic?

Plenty of good material no doubt

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Circus Maximus is sneaky good.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I love State of Grace and Eye on You, I really hope they get included somehow.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

1. hard school (3:56)
2. absurd (3:23)
3. quick song (4:15)
4. soul monster (5:48)
5. atlas shrugged (4:19)
6. perhaps (3:51)
7. oklahoma (4:20)
8. d-tune (5:25)
9. the general (5 mins? who knows)

according to my maths, that's 40 minutes, 17 seconds. lots of ways to beef it up:

state of grace? kinda dated, but anything is on the table when absurd is the single.
seven? brain is still in the band, and it's his song. it also has beltrami orchestration that makes it a sunken cost otherwise.
down by the ocean? an izzy song would give the album that classic gn'r feel, and they probably wouldn't even have to pay him.

or just round it off with studio versions of wichita lineman, the seeker and couple duff covers?

That's solid.

Here's mine.....

Absurd
Hardschool
Oh My God
Oklahoma
Soul Monster
The General
Thyme
Seven
Atlas Shrugged

Boom....locked and loaded.  21