You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: GN'R 2021 Tour Thread

Oh, I like Melissa's "oo-oo" vocals over the slide solo while Axl's going "Ayy-ayy". They should've left that in the studio version.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

So unsurprisingly the Australia/New Zealand tour has been pushed back a year.

Am I reading too much into the wording of this part of the statement?

"Until showtime, let's rock out to Hard Skool".

Does that imply that's all we are getting before gigs in November/December 2022?

I don't think it really implies anything. Just, the band doesn't communicate a whole lot so as a fanbase we read into every little thing they put out there.

We anticipated Hard Skool since it was on setlists in 2019 and soundchecked in 2020, so we carried that anticipation into this tour.

Then after the first show of this tour we see a setlist about Absurd and start speculating what that is, most guessing it's Silkworms. Surprisingly, things moved really quickly and it was performed at the next show and then released at midnight a few days after that. So then the hype for Hard Skool builds even more because they're actually releasing music and still soundchecking it.

Fast forward a few weeks and we are where we are now. The two songs they intended to release have been released and those were the ones as alts on this leg of the tour. They now have a long gap and in theory could release more during that gap - the reason we'd have no hints about other songs is, if it wasn't going to be played on that last tour leg, there'd be no reason to rehearse it and have it as an alt on the setlist so we'd have zero knowledge of it beforehand.

We'll see what happens. Their strategy doesn't make a whole of sense as things stand - singles don't make a lot of money, the exist to promote things. There's only a handful of dates left and a big gap until the Europe shows next Summer. So either something else (more releases of songs/other content or tour dates) is coming OR... this band isn't always the most competent and are genuinely pushing a new single with three tour dates left.

All sensible signs would point to more stuff being in the works but it's GN'R so who knows.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Oddly Axl's a lot stronger in the choruses than I was expecting (given that there's nowhere to pause for breath) and a little bit shakier on the verses. Still, pretty good debut!

It sounded exactly like one should expect it to sound in 2021. Not going to bury Axl for it. He has his moments.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

I read from that statement that’s all the new music we’re getting until way into next year

Sky Dog wrote:

I don’t even know what to say anymore. The band is flat out killing it despite only outtakes for new music. I just watched those 3 songs from Baltimore. They fucking all rocked. Axl is very close to mid range on Hard Skool…they all played it great for the first time. Damn, they busted out Coma and Sorry as well…massive show. axl21

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bD851YtIFw

[/embed]

A song about lower education?

Please....

It's a song about Slash or Izzy.

Now they're retconning the meaning of songs from the CD sessions.

I thought it sounded pretty damn good.

jimmythegent wrote:

So unsurprisingly the Australia/New Zealand tour has been pushed back a year.

Am I reading too much into the wording of this part of the statement?

"Until showtime, let's rock out to Hard Skool".

Does that imply that's all we are getting before gigs in November/December 2022?

What implies that is the shipping dates of Hard School. Aren't getting your physical copies until mid 2022.

I'm not going to bother anticipating any potential movement on an album until we get close to summer.

I'm with Bri on this issue...

They're winging it... from single releases to when they perform them. There are no set in stone plans for an album release.

It may happen, it may not happen....but if it happens, it's not this year.

Now I'm hoping for a UYI box set for the holidays.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I think December earliest for anything new. This tour was meant to run through October and November with the Mexico and Oz dates. If there was plans to release anything else in those two months it would probably have been an alt on the setlists as they'd likely perform it too.

December onwards something could happen. And it can be something they didn't need to have as an alt on the setlists or soundcheck because they wouldn't have been performing it on this leg of the tour.

Seems unlikely they go into complete hibernation until June too. The shipment date of the physical Hard Skool single isn't anything major, by that point promo on it is over and they're just finally fulfilling the orders.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The shipment date of the physical Hard Skool single isn't anything major, by that point promo on it is over and they're just finally fulfilling the orders.

It's like writing off the single while offering pre-orders.

By the time fans get the single, it's old news. Any casuals who order it will have forgotten about it by then.

Imagine any other band doing this. That's when you realize what a mess this rollout is.

I think Axl summed it up quite nicely....

That was interesting. That was something. What that something was, I’m not exactly sure.

Sky Dog wrote:

Part of me, the positive part, thinks these two songs and EP could be LLAS part deux. A couple of tracks from a prior band…knock knock Hollywood Rose…knock knock Axl’s Orchestra…then a new album from the current band…which includes remaining big guns from Chinese plus fully original songs. I am not buying that  these two new tracks are the end and it will be a 100% second half Chinese.

I also think it may come by year end.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I can see why they continue to tour. Was checking their show here next summer and it is already completely sold out. Free money just waiting to be grabbed.

Board footer