You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Hard School Physical Release

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I know I'm probably the only one, but I really hope there's a studio version of Wichita Lineman. That's the best Axl has sounded since 2006. Probably one of the most emotional things he's performed, imo.

Agreed. And why couldn’t they include that as a track on this Hard Skool release instead of two more songs we don’t need live versions of.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

It‘s sad that Angus didn‘t want to record an album with Axl. That was the only chance of new axl vocals we had i guess.. and to think some people thought it would delay a new gnr record (in 2016-2017)... 16

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

The reason the physical version is months away is because the band sent them to press when the streaming release was confirmed
Reason for that?
Avoid leaks and (assumption on my part) the band (Axl) was tinkering with it to the last minute.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

That's what I thought otto, and while I can understand that they were trying to prevent a leak, I still think it's fucking stupid

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I just got an email saying I’ve been refunded $12 for the vinyl purchase with no explanation. Anyone else get this or know why?

Edit: NM. Management has heavily discounted the costs of physical media on the site. Wonder why

axlroselocke1
 Rep: 1 

I didn't get a discount. That's weird.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Edit: NM. Management has heavily discounted the costs of physical media on the site. Wonder why

Because it's not selling.

More than likely, only a percentage of forum junkies bought anything and that's a thousand people tops.

That's nothing in the grand scheme.

Hell...if they really haven't manufactured any of these yet, they might cancel it due to no demand.

This is why I'm against half assed measures. Go big or go home.

Nothing good was going to come from releasing a single online, not promote it, and then fans wait 9 months for a physical copy.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Not trying to hijack a thread, but does anyone have the demo version available for comparative purposes. My computer is being tweaked right now and I've all but forgotten the demo version after spinning the single so many times.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Because it's not selling.

More than likely, only a percentage of forum junkies bought anything and that's a thousand people tops.

That's nothing in the grand scheme.

Hell...if they really haven't manufactured any of these yet, they might cancel it due to no demand.

This is why I'm against half assed measures. Go big or go home

Nothing good was going to come from releasing a single online, not promote it, and then fans wait 9 months for a physical copy.

Spot on. And let’s face it compared to their touring revenue/income this is just just chump change.

For gods sake get some professionals in who know what they’re doing if you’re going to do an album.

Whoever ordered the end of tour cake did a good job though!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I just got an email saying I’ve been refunded $12 for the vinyl purchase with no explanation. Anyone else get this or know why?

Did you order like straight away when they went up? The vinyl went up at like $25 or $30 (can't remember which) and then an hour later was changed to $18, so probably got put on the store with an incorrect price.

I just looked on the site and the price is the same that I paid and I only bought 3 hours after the page went up.

Board footer