You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: UYI Box set coming 2022

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Slash: "It got delayed by the pandemic, but it is coming out I think this summer. There's a bunch of cool live stuff on it". Confirms Ritz 1991 and Vegas 1989.

https://biffbampop.com/2021/12/13/biff- … oses-more/

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

A year later... just like AFD.

TSI box/deluxe edition in 2024?!?

My interest will hinge on its tracklist.

Yes....Ritz 91 is a huge selling point...even better would be the Warfield warm-up show on the Here Today...Gone to Hell mini tour. Always regretted not going to that show.

I don't think I ever heard the Vegas show. If memory serves me correctly, only 89 show I ever owned was the 'Stoned in LA' bootleg.

If these are the only live shows....not bad at all.

The million dollar question....

What pads out the rest of the set? Do they go all in or is it limited in scope? It could go either way. Other major bands like Pink Floyd have went in both directions for various box sets.

In the case of GNR, it really needs certain things if they want hardcores gobbling this up...

- The rough mixes Slash raved on for years.

- The AFD-UYI Holy Grail....YCBM demo

I'm cautiously optimistic.

AgesOfTheIce

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
James wrote:

Yes....Ritz 91 is a huge selling point...even better would be the Warfield warm-up show on the Here Today...Gone to Hell mini tour. Always regretted not going to that show.

I don't think I ever heard the Vegas show. If memory serves me correctly, only 89 show I ever owned was the 'Stoned in LA' bootleg.

What pads out the rest of the set? Do they go all in or is it limited in scope? It could go either way. Other major bands like Pink Floyd have went in both directions for various box sets.

In the case of GNR, it really needs certain things if they want hardcores gobbling this up...

Others have speculated it's Vegas 1992 and Slash got the year wrong.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Cool.

As long as this doesn’t put the brakes on new music. Really interested to see what they would put out next if they are going down the singles route as opposed to a new album

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

we need footage! basically every show from this era was recorded and it's just sitting around gathering dust.

new soundboard audio is cool, but give us the fucking footage! we already have the mates rehearsals, and axl's advance copy. what more could exist other than ycbm with adler on drums? tracks from the original sessions?

cautiously optimistic.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
James wrote:

Others have speculated it's Vegas 1992 and Slash got the year wrong.

Yikes.

I have zero interest in 92-93 shows...no offense to that lineup.

This set should revolve around 1989-91...when it was recorded, released, and the shows from the summer of 91.

Dale is right.... we're long overdue for video.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'd like the shows Izzy replaced Gilby.

And I want the Perfect Crime documentary. I think the inclusion of Stephanie Seymour kind of binders all that.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm down for anything from the whole UYI period. There was still good shit going on in the gilby era too. Axl and slash were such powerhouses back then it was insane.

Sky Dog wrote:

axl92 Since I have little to no hope for a new album, bring on the UYI box.

I tried listening to Absurd and Hard Skool again today. Both are beyond mediocre. If they represent the new new Gnr’s idea of what should be released to the public, then I will pass on purchasing any new album.

AgesOfTheIce

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

axl92 Since I have little to no hope for a new album, bring on the UYI box.

I tried listening to Absurd and Hard Skool again today. Both are beyond mediocre. If they represent the new new Gnr’s idea of what should be released to the public, then I will pass on purchasing any new album.

The Hard Skool demo from 20 years had a better vocal mix. Obviously sycophant Caram is still behind the wheel. Slash obviously isn't inspired to write around someone else's songs but I thought his leads were OK.

Board footer