You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: UYI Box set coming 2022

Axl S wrote:

What if they sell it as two boxsets (an orange one and a blue one) each priced at a $1000 and released on the same day 16

You jest, but now that you mention it I could totally see some bullshit like that. They know only hardcores will buy that shit, so why not milk them for all they can.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I want this show -- but it shows how weak Gilby was, imo. His singing just doesn't mesh with Axl. Skin and Bones was my favorite part of the UYI tours, but I want the shows with Izzy. Tits and Dominos! lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

What if they sell it as two boxsets (an orange one and a blue one) each priced at a $1000 and released on the same day 16

If they sell it at a realistic price, I'd be in favor of such a release. It would mean that they're clearing out the UYI archives for the release.

Orange box

UYI I
UYI I demos
91 live audio/video

Blue box

UYI II
UYI II demos
92-93 live audio/video

It would be best case scenario...but if they try to sell each box for more than 120-150 bucks, it's gonna bomb.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

If they sell it at a realistic price, I'd be in favor of such a release. It would mean that they're clearing out the UYI archives for the release.

Orange box

UYI I
UYI I demos
91 live audio/video

Blue box

UYI II
UYI II demos
92-93 live audio/video

It would be best case scenario...but if they try to sell each box for more than 120-150 bucks, it's gonna bomb.

I’d like to think they’ve learned the lesson of the massively overpriced Appetite boxset but the cynic (and realist) in me expects the set to be similarly over priced

Sky Dog wrote:

I am to old to buy trinkets…at this point, I want the deluxe edition on Apple Music and I will buy concert tickets and a lot of cocktails. axl92

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Having trinkets makes it more difficult for counterfeiters to duplicate a box set. Consider what happened with the Pink Floyd “Discovery” and Beatles mono box sets.

I enjoy the memorabilia but am hungry for music. Give us everything from the studio plus a few gigs on DVD or BluRay, but not Tokyo as that is already available.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Are there any unreleased tracks from the UYI era that could be released as singles?

I’d like to hear the old demos, but hope we won’t get two years of touring based around these box sets at the expense of new material.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Are there any unreleased tracks from the UYI era that could be released as singles?

Crash diet? big_smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Crash diet? big_smile

Not a proper GNR song....same with Bring It Back Home and Just Another Sunday.

Axl and West Arkeen demos.

I guess they could still use them but it's probably unlikely.

If there's a better version of Ain't Going Down as it appeared on the tracklist released a month before UYI's release, that's probably what they'd go with.

I've said it for years...

The band's small discography was going to bite them on the ass at some point. Now that we're in the era of deluxe editions and box sets from major acts, the moment has arrived.

The main thing 87-91 has going for it is all the live material they've allowed to rot in the vaults for 30 years.

Sky Dog wrote:

I don’t expect much from UYI outtakes. The only things that could be interesting are alternate takes of the final version or different mixes of the songs.

Board footer