You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: UYI Box set coming 2022

James wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Are there any unreleased tracks from the UYI era that could be released as singles?

Crash diet? big_smile

Not a proper GNR song....same with Bring It Back Home and Just Another Sunday.

Axl and West Arkeen demos.

I guess they could still use them but it's probably unlikely.

I dunno, if they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for additional material they could do a cheeky re-record like they did with Shadow of Your Love.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If they're going with rerecords....do what they should've done during the recording in 1991...

Rerecord Double Talking Jive with Axl on vocals since it became a permanent part of the setlist.

Sky Dog wrote:

Like Shadow, I would think a re-record of Ain’t Going Down would be an option….just not much from those years cause everything went on the albums. There is likely nothing in the vaults during that era which will come as a surprise.

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Like Shadow, I would think a re-record of Ain’t Going Down would be an option….just not much from those years cause everything went on the albums. There is likely nothing in the vaults during that era which will come as a surprise.

When RIP magazine was doing those special editions leading up to the release where Del James and others got a sneak preview, Pretty Tied Up was mentioned as one of the songs with Izzy on vocals.

If that exists...I want it.

Agreed it's slim pickings.

Depending on what they have planned for TSI if anything at all, we could get the TSI songs recorded for UYI with Izzy.

"The punk cover EP"  as one of the discs.

Ain't It Fun
New Rose
Down on the Farm
Attitude
I Don't Care About You
Black Leather

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I dunno, if they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for additional material they could do a cheeky re-record like they did with Shadow of Your Love.

Yeah, to me that would be a real possibility.

Like Crash Diet may not be a real GNR song, and it's since been done by a few other bands, but what you have there is a full song most people don't know of Axl in his prime. In a world with Axl having voice issues, and not recording all that often or whatever, that shit is gold - so if anyone can find the source tapes I think they would be crazy not to redo them.

Also gives Richard and Melissa some fun lol.

What's that other retro sounding song with Axl - I think too much too soon or someting? Things like that could be worked up by the others if they still exist.

Sky Dog wrote:

I want stuff like the jam at the end of the 14 years demo that was floating around. Alternate takes and mixes of the epics..stuff like that. I don’t see quality sounding stuff coming out of the tape machine West Arkeen tracks.

James

James wrote:

I want that crazy long In A Gadda Da Vidda style version of November Rain talked about in 89-90.

Yeah it's just gonna have a longer outro...give it to us anyways.

Was Estranged any different when it had the working title Without You? Unload that.

Is there a less cringy version of Get in the Ring when it was called 'Why Do You Look At Me When You Hate Me'? Let's hear that.

The Garden without Alice. Give us that in HQ.

Of course YCBM with Adler.

All this stuff should've come out years ago. The light bulb should've come on when they saw Pink Floyd doing those Immersion sets.

On that subject...

They should take a page out of their playbook when it comes to dealing with Chinese Democracy...

Guns N Roses - The later Years 1999-20__

Toss it all in there like Gilmour had the brains to do. I didn't buy it but at least he did it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Gotta imagine TSI? will be a part of this as well. Didn’t Gilby rerecord Izzy’s parts? Those originals could be candidates.

…and if you’re going that far ahead in time go ahead include the Zakk jams smile

James

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Gotta imagine TSI? will be a part of this as well. Didn’t Gilby rerecord Izzy’s parts? Those originals could be candidates.

…and if you’re going that far ahead in time go ahead include the Zakk jams smile

Yeah TSI is the real wildcard here.

If they have no real interest in a TSI deluxe edition in a couple years, it opens up the possibility to include it.

TSI songs recorded with Izzy in 1990-91 meant for the Illusions....

Ain't It Fun
New Rose
Down on the Farm
Attitude
I Don't Care About You
Black Leather

There's also two unreleased covers recorded during the sessions with Gilby although they'd need vocals added.

Beer N A Cigarette
Down on the Street

Then take into account alternate takes of songs like SIDHY.

You could further scrape the bottom of the barrel by including an alternate take of Sympathy for the Devil. Yes it's after the Illusion era and is essentially the beginning of the CD era, but only hardcore fans would know or care...and they'll gladly take another version of Sympathy regardless.

Whatever they chose to do with this, either do it right or just shit can the release.

No more half assed GNR releases....we've been enduring such nonsense for decades.

I will gladly buy it the nanosecond its up for sale....if they do it right.

The days when I willy nilly buy anything released by my favorite artists are over.

Bands like Pink Floyd and Metallica show that it's possible to make tons of cash and please your hardcore base.

You're supposed to be a major Rock act...

Start acting like one.

Sky Dog wrote:

For sure the EP punk cover with Izzy has to be included because it was a real part of those sessions…Spaghetti was too well polished.

Board footer