You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Slash confirms “one or two” new songs by June

misterID wrote:

The MO seems to be to release whatever’s been leaked already. It would be really killer to get something unheard.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

The MO seems to be to release whatever’s been leaked already. It would be really killer to get something unheard.

Amen to that!

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

yup the next singles will probably be Atlas and Perhaps.

gavgnr

gavgnr wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Low key revenge for the leaks ?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
gavgnr wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nah Axl just isn't going to record any new vocals or write with slash and duff.  Those two songs have vocals already. Just like HS and Absurd. We probably wouldn't have gotten anything if village didn't leak.

gavgnr

gavgnr wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
gavgnr wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

Nah Axl just isn't going to record any new vocals or write with slash and duff.  Those two songs have vocals already. Just like HS and Absurd. We probably wouldn't have gotten anything if village didn't leak.

Yeah I hear ya. Part of me thinks there has to be other tracks with recorded vocals though.

Also realised earlier the most exciting GnR moments over the last 20 years for me have been the leaks. MSL 2007, Skwerl 2008 and The Chairman 2019. Sad but true

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

We probably wouldn't have gotten anything if village didn't leak.

Absolutely.

It's been the pattern for the past 20 years.

Fans get absolutely nothing unless a leak happens.

I used to want to scream when some hardcore fans would complain about the leaks and how it would delay the release and ruin everything.

Bullshit

Leaks speed things up...not slow them down. This is true everywhere...not just with GNR.

I wish Chinese Democracy had leaked on Kazaa or Limewire in 2001 when Audioslaves demos leaked.

We would have got the album within a year.

If no leaks happened...we'd still be waiting for Chinese Democracy.

Also realised earlier the most exciting GnR moments over the last 20 years for me have been the leaks. MSL 2007, Skwerl 2008 and The Chairman 2019. Sad but true

All the leaks were great but the most exciting leak was the leak in early 2006. It wasn't many songs but the fan base was starving and just about to give up on the saga.

The fans needed a much bigger leak at that point...maybe a few discs from the Village Sessions. All of that stuff had been in the hoarders circle for years at that point.

gavgnr

gavgnr wrote:
James wrote:

We probably wouldn't have gotten anything if village didn't leak.

Absolutely.

It's been the pattern for the past 20 years.

Fans get absolutely nothing unless a leak happens.

I used to want to scream when some hardcore fans would complain about the leaks and how it would delay the release and ruin everything.

Bullshit

Leaks speed things up...not slow them down. This is true everywhere...not just with GNR.

I wish Chinese Democracy had leaked on Kazaa or Limewire in 2001 when Audioslaves demos leaked.

We would have got the album within a year.

If no leaks happened...we'd still be waiting for Chinese Democracy.

All the leaks were great but the most exciting leak was the leak in early 2006. It wasn't many songs but the fan base was starving and just about to give up on the saga.

The fans needed a much bigger leak at that point...maybe a few discs from the Village Sessions. All of that stuff had been in the hoarders circle for years at that point.

Yeah I’d almost forgotten the ‘06 leaks. I nearly shat myself first time I heard Better.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

My friends dug the Better demo too.

Could have released it in summer 06 with Better, CD and The Blues as singles. 01 would have been even more favorable. Could have had a few albums with Buckethead then maybe an earlier reunion in the late noughties. Before they polished off all the edge CD was a good album, could have had decent success. Like VR did in 04-05. Still a market for hard hitting rock n roll then. So many wasted opportunities.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

I wouldn't be upset if the next single is a slash and duff, reheated chinese leftover of quick song or state of grace. I also wouldn't mind if a demo of the general made it's way online. Jesus, I sound pathetic. At least I could justify why I listened to that muffled recording so many times.

Board footer