You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Slash confirms “one or two” new songs by June

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

And I wouldn't be surprised from the quality that none of it was done in an actual studio.

I listened to Old Skool for the first time in months and the cut and paste aspect of it was obvious, even to my untrained ear.  But it is what it is.  If this is the only way to get new music from these guys, then so be it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

And I wouldn't be surprised from the quality that none of it was done in an actual studio.

I listened to Old Skool for the first time in months and the cut and paste aspect of it was obvious, even to my untrained ear.  But it is what it is.  If this is the only way to get new music from these guys, then so be it.

Yeah but you had heard the “unreleased” version before because you are a diehard fan (like everyone here). They aren’t doing stadiums, baseball parks, and arenas because of people like us. The general public doesn’t care much less know the extent of copy and paste.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I'm getting too old for this mystery crap.

#MeToo

It should've ended after the CD release fiasco and its aftermath...at the latest.

It became obvious in the 2000s that the Scooby Doo mystery act played a huge role in killing the overall interest in the project.

It makes even less sense now but on the other hand... that's if you view it as a real band.

It's not.

It's a nostalgia act run as a corporation with nepotism and yes men steering the ship.

Other than hearing how it all went down in 2014-15, what really happened in 1994-96 and 2005, there really isn't anything else of any substance.

Even with new music.... what can they really say?  Slash and Duff added some guitar and bass to twenty years overcooked Chinese? 

We already know that and the casual audience (the majority) don't give a fuck.

Any new songs this tour will likely get the same treatment as Absurd/Hard School. An album? Probably the same as it can't be promoted like 87-91 because it will not have been recorded like a normal album.

It's funny...sad...ironic... whatever....that when he finally gets the guys back in the band who can carry a huge part of the load, they aren't even needed for such an endeavor.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

So a screenshot of video graphics for Street of Dreams/The Blues has leaked, looks like that’s back in the set.

Is a track that should suit Slash, wonder how Axl handles it vocally now though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

So a screenshot of video graphics for Street of Dreams/The Blues has leaked, looks like that’s back in the set.

Is a track that should suit Slash, wonder how Axl handles it vocally now though.

Back in the old days I thought that would've been the perfect song for Slash to add his ingredients.

Would be funny if it's the next single....

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I was thinking they can't possibly just keep on touring every year so I checked out Metallica, and yes you can. They've been on some kind of tour every year since 1983 except for 01-02, 05 and 2020.

If they release 2 songs every year that's going to cover a good few years for them.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I was thinking they can't possibly just keep on touring every year so I checked out Metallica, and yes you can. They've been on some kind of tour every year since 1983 except for 01-02, 05 and 2020.

If they release 2 songs every year that's going to cover a good few years for them.

You’re right but if they oversaturate the market will it still be financially worth it? Metallica will “tour” every year but rarely touch the US. Presumably they can make plenty of money doing the Euro festivals and South America.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Also as wiki says:

The discography of Metallica includes ten studio albums, eight live albums, three extended plays, 43 singles, ten video albums, 42 music videos, one soundtrack album, one collaboration album and three box sets.

I would also describe their general outlook on fans and fan experiences as positive.

GNR's management seems to view fans as an entitled annoyance. The band seems to see us as a legion of individuals most of whom can't be trusted and are out to get them, or on a good day, as a group of people who are the suckers/bunnys dumbly walking around ready to be taken for as much as possible. They have always been a gang. Them against the system. It's all a con. Rip off the labels. Rip off the sucks. Take all you can give nothing back. Look who we are dealing with. They were bikers, drug dealers, junkies, mentally ill rebels  and a couple of session players who they pay by the hour. Sure they happen to have a shit ton of talent and made off with a fortune while changing music...but it's always been about what they can get.

Anyways all i'm saying is eventually that kinda attitude will reduce custom. They are so famous that people would pay to use the same drinking fountain where they took a dump last decade...so I'm sure they will get by....but it also will never be what it could be...cos they just don't seem to want it to be. So yeah...I think there's differences from metallica...but that said....1 or 2 songs every couple of years will probably be enough to drag the carcass of our teenage fandom around for a few more years until our pasts catch up with either them or us.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Part of it I think, and maybe for Metallica and a lot of other bands too, is to keep the wheels moving lest they fall off. How long do these guys have left in the tank? 10 maybe 15 years. I don't see Axl on stage at 80 like Mick Jagger is doing. I don't think I want to see it either.

This "album" is the last thing we'll get from them creatively, pretty sure.

Sky Dog wrote:

3 Tuesdays left in June to hear Atlas Shrugged or Perhaps

Board footer