You are not logged in. Please register or login.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

Re: Slash confirms “one or two” new songs by June

davegnfnr2k wrote:
Tortilla_Man wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Finest songwriter of his generation and what does he have to offer us? The "Bullet Logo Towel":

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/summer … logo-towel

Serious question: If the band does in fact release more previously unissued ChiDem-era tracks, we can assume at this point that the vocals are not new, just recycled. Think 'The General" with Duff and Slash.

Does that increase, decrease, or have no bearing on whether or not we might get leaks of the original recordings with Bucket and company?

Yes,
I doubt we ever get any new vocal tracks out of old Axl.

Have you heard his voice the last couple years.

He can't even sing Hard Skool live, it sounds like trash.
And I think one the main reasons they picked Absurd as the B side, and that the song debuted live was because it was easy for Axl to sing.

The day Hard Skool came GnR ignored it in their Live Set , and didn't even mention it.

It's pre-recorded Chin Dem demos til the end.

Axl sounded fine on the rock the rock track and those were new vocals.
Axl could have done new vocals for any gnr track if he wasnt so lazy.
Imagine his studio vocals during the time of the AC DC shows.

Also it doesnt matter how Axl sounds live, in the studio he can sing line by line until he gets it right, where as with hard school live he has to sing it in one take.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
otto wrote:

GNR are turning into fucking QVC

Sky Dog wrote:

Or KISS…..

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
James wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Any updates Sp1at?

It's recorded, just waiting on the record company to release it. They never respond these days to queries, and have no idea what  songs have been done, just that it's re recorded CD era material, which is known anyway

If it's literally out of the GNR camp's hands and we're just waiting on movement from the label, it's good news...even if we have to wait months.

Sorry, I didn't want to imply it's in the record labels hands, there is material ready to go when whoever pushes the button. I don't know who the decision maker is. Universal have this 360 approach to bands now, so I think it's a team decision these days. If I was to use a bit of logic, I could guess that they released Hard School and Absurd, but there was a long wait for the vinyl, and because of that, there was criticism. So, it may be that, on the back of that, the band are planning differently this time. It is better to release material with physicals, because it has a better impact on charts, and the bands legacy.

Further to that, there is implication that they are returning to Europe, after the recent cancellation of the Glasgow gig, so the dates might go on a bit longer, in which case, there is a bigger window to release material.

In any means, I have found their contact at Universal, so I will maybe get something from that.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Universal have this 360 approach to bands now, so I think it's a team decision these days.

I don't know who the decision maker is.

Axl-Rose-Smiling-on-the-Stand.jpg

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Universal have this 360 approach to bands now, so I think it's a team decision these days.

I don't know who the decision maker is.

https://gnrcentral.com/wp-content/uploa … -Stand.jpg

I don't think that is the case now. I think it's more of a team effort now, if you speak to them.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:
James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

It's recorded, just waiting on the record company to release it. They never respond these days to queries, and have no idea what  songs have been done, just that it's re recorded CD era material, which is known anyway

If it's literally out of the GNR camp's hands and we're just waiting on movement from the label, it's good news...even if we have to wait months.

In any means, I have found their contact at Universal, so I will maybe get something from that.

Please keep us posted

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:
James wrote:

Please keep us posted

Will do.

You can see with the lack of recent interviews, and the recent Slash Japanese interview that they have that, do not ask questions about GN'R, thing in place. Slash and Duff are obviously only accepting interviews if it is about other subjects.

Couso
 Rep: 1 

Couso wrote:

Ahoy Sp1at
I used to spend an unhealthy amount of time on sp1at.com and I’d like to say thanks for the info over the years on what must be the hardest band on earth to get any news on
Gracias

Ps Enrique Iglesias is still the anti-christ

sp1at wrote:
James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Sorry, I didn't want to imply it's in the record labels hands, there is material ready to go when whoever pushes the button. I don't know who the decision maker is. Universal have this 360 approach to bands now, so I think it's a team decision these days. If I was to use a bit of logic, I could guess that they released Hard School and Absurd, but there was a long wait for the vinyl, and because of that, there was criticism. So, it may be that, on the back of that, the band are planning differently this time. It is better to release material with physicals, because it has a better impact on charts, and the bands legacy.

Further to that, there is implication that they are returning to Europe, after the recent cancellation of the Glasgow gig, so the dates might go on a bit longer, in which case, there is a bigger window to release material.

Board footer