You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Slash confirms “one or two” new songs by June

Scabbie wrote:

I also had a lot of love for sp1at.com back in the day!

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:

In any means, I have found their contact at Universal, so I will maybe get something from that.

Please keep us posted

Will do.

You can see with the lack of recent interviews, and the recent Slash Japanese interview that they have that, do not ask questions about GN'R, thing in place. Slash and Duff are obviously only accepting interviews if it is about other subjects.

Back in the day fans were literally hanging off any interview from a band member. Now even if Duff or Slash came out announced an album I dont this would be met with the same kind of hysteria or even belief. Axl is still paranoid.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Please keep us posted

Will do.

You can see with the lack of recent interviews, and the recent Slash Japanese interview that they have that, do not ask questions about GN'R, thing in place. Slash and Duff are obviously only accepting interviews if it is about other subjects.

Back in the day fans were literally hanging off any interview from a band member. Now even if Duff or Slash came out announced an album I think this would be met with the same kind of hysteria or even belief. Axl is still paranoid.

Well, I was open with what I was doing back in the day. It wasn't rocket science. I just emailed and asked questions, and it was a bit of fun.

Slightly better than folk just guessing.

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Will do.

Back in the day fans were literally hanging off any interview from a band member. Now even if Duff or Slash came out announced an album I think this would be met with the same kind of hysteria or even belief. Axl is still paranoid.

Well, I was open with what I was doing back in the day. It wasn't rocket science. I just emailed and asked questions, and it was a bit of fun.

Slightly better than folk just guessing.

You were good at it. Any idea what happened to big boss?

kemmep
 Rep: 1 

kemmep wrote:

Thanks for the updates sp1at:)!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
sp1at wrote:

It’s 2022 and they’re still trying to remain “mysterious” by doing shit like this, but all they do is remain mysteriously fucking stupid…

No offence to you of course.

Ugh. Just give us some new music already.

Why is it all so fucking difficult?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Couso wrote:

Ahoy Sp1at
I used to spend an unhealthy amount of time on sp1at.com and I’d like to say thanks for the info over the years on what must be the hardest band on earth to get any news on
Gracias

You would've loved it here back around 2008-09...we had a mini Splat reunion going here for awhile....

Splat(Big Boss)
Dave
Madagas(Sky Dog)
sic
Nesquick(forgot his name here)
gnfnraxl

A handful of others I can't remember off the top of my head.

I always hoped Gigger would surface here...but never did unless lurking or using a different name.

It really was a good site...even better in hindsight. It got way too much shit on some of the forums... censoring it on mygnr was absurd. Madison should've been ashamed.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I kind of asked the same question a few weeks ago and apex twin gave a nice reply talking about Axl's anxiety issues.

When I read that I started thinking, yeah that makes perfect sense, but then I thought "I already kinda know this, why didn't I think about it?". And it occurred to me that his public persona is completely different from his actual personality. When you hear him on records spewing venomous lyrics with a screeching voice or see him on stage commanding the attention of 50,000 people with ease, your last thought would be that this guy suffers from stage fright.

So I think the public perception of him is completely warped from the real man and it creates a dissonance that is hard to grasp.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

polluxlm wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I kind of asked the same question a few weeks ago and apex twin gave a nice reply talking about Axl's anxiety issues.

When I read that I started thinking, yeah that makes perfect sense, but then I thought "I already kinda know this, why didn't I think about it?". And it occurred to me that his public persona is completely different from his actual personality. When you hear him on records spewing venomous lyrics with a screeching voice or see him on stage commanding the attention of 50,000 people with ease, your last thought would be that this guy suffers from stage fright.

So I think the public perception of him is completely warped from the real man and it creates a dissonance that is hard to grasp.

Yeah, you can see that in his reaction to the London gigs. He's pushing his voice to bust out the high notes, when he's forced by illness to dial it back and do the baritone he's incredibly apologetic and borderline insecure about it, despite the almost universally positive response from the fans.

It's also pretty common among musicians to have a wildly different public persona to their on-stage one. By all accounts Freddie Mercury was extremely insecure and shy. Slash basically hides behind this constructed persona with the shades and the hat and the cigarette. Buckethead literally wears a mask and cosplays as a space robot.

I can only imagine what it must be like, if you're wrestling with those insecurities, to have fans on Twitter and Reddit and the forums analysing your every move, monitoring your weight and your haircut and your choice of footwear, and picking apart your vocal performances. I remember in 2006 people were pulling out the "fat Axl" memes and the "Mickey Mouse" comments, and now that period is regarded as one of his high points vocally.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Totalmente de acuerdo!....en 2006 flipaba con como sonaba la banda y axl!...toda la prensa en su gran malloria y tambien parte de fanaticada hablando pestes del grupo y con mucha mas inquina hacia axl!...se ridiculizo su imagen publica y años despues esa misma gente habla maravillas no solo de 2006,tambien 2010 es ahora un periodo vocal recordado como la voz de axl era mejor y tambien en ese momento lo criticaban iguaomente!.....fanaticos ipocritas sin ningun criterio musical que se fijan mas en el peinado de un artista o si tiene sobrepeso por que no luce igual que en su poster de los 80's!...ridiculo!

Board footer