You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Slash confirms “one or two” new songs by June

mitchejw wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Maybe, because this is a Guns N' Roses forum?

Indeed...thank goodness for the millions of messages of content posting basically the exact same thing.......

This band is all but dead outside of its nostalgia act tours.

Sounds like there is a 21 Pilots message board waiting for your unique world view. No offense mitch, but this nihilism isn't working for you. We have had half as many singles released in the last two years, than the last 20ish.

How is my nihilism not working? What’s 21 pilots?

I get loyalty to this band and all that. The prospects of these new singles isn’t all that appealing to me. This took too long…I’ve mostly moved on. Why haven’t you?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Most fans(including me) want one more album to close the book on this band. After that...it's over.

Other than deluxe editions/box sets, I think the coming singles/album is all we're going to get from them.

I hope that they choose the songs wisely.

Considering the fact that Slash and even more specifically Duff and Matt had zero interest in Oh My God and that specific musical direction, I'm mildly intrigued by the possibility of Axl having them "finish" it. Like Silkworms/Absurd, it really hammers the point home that they never should've left the band in the first place.

Having said that...use it as a B side. I don't want a slot wasted on a 23 year old song from a movie soundtrack. Yeah I know ALL the songs are going to be that old. I don't care. Those weren't officially released.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't feel about it the way I did at 14 years old....and so I'm not expecting this album to change my life or reinvent popular culture or anything...but I believe a bunch of talented dudes could still make a song or two that I will enjoy.

Something is better than nothing to me. Even 'bad' songs work to show me what I liked about the 'good' songs haha and I still think there will be some good songs somewhere.

Life will end things soon enough anyway, these guys are not spring chickens, neither are most of their audience, and meanwhile the world seems to be trying hard to end itself first....so I mean I'm not in a hurry for it to be over any faster.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't feel about it the way I did at 14 years old....and so I'm not expecting this album to change my life or reinvent popular culture or anything

Yep...that ship sailed and sunk long ago. Any chance at relevancy or pop culture comeback died in the mid 2000s. They had some sort of a shot at a reset in 2016 but blew it.

It's merely a nostalgia act now like Journey, Foreigner, etc. We're damn lucky that they're even gonna bother releasing something.

Any song/album will get a bit of attention for a week and then drop out of sight as the touring continues. It is what it is..

I don't even care anymore about how high they chart, radio play, its impact on our culture, etc.

I just want it because....

Life will end things soon enough anyway, these guys are not spring chickens, neither are most of their audience, and meanwhile the world seems to be trying hard to end itself first

This.

Generally speaking, we're all rounding third and headed for home. As someone who has followed them as a hardcore fan for literally decades, one more loooong overdue album to experience represents closure on this chapter of our lives.

There were two things that longtime fans always wanted before it was all over....

A reunion

One more album

We got the first one six years ago. It's time for the second one.

I saw them once on that tour and I knew it would be the last time. I expect the same with the album.

Speaking of feeling the way you did as a teen, I'll never forget the excitement for the band in my youth. The sky was the limit. Who knew it had already peaked at that point. In hindsight it was a weird band to have as your favorite. I'm surprised I didn't "give up" much earlier than I did and focus more interest on other bands while they get thrown on the back burner.

Sky Dog wrote:

Well, old school fans certainly never would have predicted a reunion would lead to 2 Chinese Democracy outtakes…so far, that’s not good. The reunion lived up to expectations and they are still solid in concert. I have to be honest, releasing a half ass Silkworms as your first single in 30 years is just really disappointing.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

I'd like to see the Chinese stuff released, and a new album of new material, to be fair. That's just my opinion

I always guessed that a reunion would happen, it seemed to be a plan for someone, somewhere years ago. There was supposed to be three albums, then they were going to look at a reunion of sorts, I can't remember what the reason was for. It might have been for an anniversary of afd, someone mentioned it though years ago. This was about the time of the London concert where the three album thing was mentioned.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This is what my phone looked like when these songs were first recorded in demo form:

ga628_four_colours2.jpg

I dunno what else I can say.

They need to come out for the fucking hell of it at this point, I don't care if the style is out of date, I don't care if it's not financially viable, I don't care if it's the end times...they need to come out like my kidney stones do....just finish it for us please Uncle Axl wink

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

That's a good analogy of this whole saga.

deadwood.png

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I'd like to see the Chinese stuff released, and a new album of new material, to be fair. That's just my opinion

I always guessed that a reunion would happen, it seemed to be a plan for someone, somewhere years ago. There was supposed to be three albums, then they were going to look at a reunion of sorts, I can't remember what the reason was for. It might have been for an anniversary of afd, someone mentioned it though years ago. This was about the time of the London concert where the three album thing was mentioned.

There’s so much we’ve missed out on. We all know what (or who) the underlying reason is

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

There's only a few things I want left from this band.

1) A new album. I'd prefer the reheated Chinese leftovers, if only so that we can finally hear them all. It looks like that's what we're getting and that's good because it may be the only way we ever hear those songs.

2) A single show where they play most of these "new" songs, some deep cuts from UYI and CD, Axl decides/manages to turn it on vocally one last time and the whole thing is captured proshot.

3) A full vault unload. After this album if there's no new songs in the pipeline then unload the CD vault and let fans buy the different iterations of his Chinese trilogy. Even the cursed Ashba versions that probably exist.

I'm only confident we're getting 1), maybe we get 3) one day. Anything more than this, like them actually writing new music together would be an insane bonus that i can't see happening now. There's also the question of whether it would be any good.

Board footer