You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: SOG single coming?

jimmythegent wrote:

I’m calling it - that is the Oklahoma outro. Could be repurposed and used completely differently now of course ( see the Hard Skool bridge). Sounds good - this is exciting . Surely we get this soon

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

From a user at MyGNR

HollywoodRose84 wrote:

Hello all.

So I wanted to provided some sort of update/information to this whole Spotify situation. I reached out to a contact of mine who is a higher up at Spotify (mods you can check with me via PM to confirm. I don’t want to post personal info of someone else for everyone to see). I was told that Spotify receives song(s) information directly from labels before releases are announced. The reason being if someone tries to leak a song or an album the computer system will recognize the songs and block them from being uploaded by third parties. This kinda gives weight to all of these song titles showing up in searches being done by forum members. I also found out that yes, they know what albums/songs are going to be released and when way ahead of time. I’m working on trying to get more specific information relating to Guns but we will see if that materializes.

In a nutshell, this info somehow does point to something possibly happening regarding either a new album or new songs being released, at least that’s the consensus I received after getting this information.

Source: https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/223057 … nt=4963718

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just turned that little crappy clip up to max volume....

Yep...that does sound like Oklahoma.

Dear mother of God....

happy-dance.gif

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Dude, that IS Oklahoma...

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

Looks like it's Brain between Frank and Melissa in the soundcheck video. My guess is that they have kept his drum track on the studio version (obviously from a later version than the one on the Village discs, if it's Oklahoma) so he's been there to help them with the live arrangement (basically to show Frank how to play it). That is probably necessary as it's a more complex song than Absurd.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

When I see Frank Ferrer I think Malenkov. Not the best, not the worst. Able, but not exceptional. He holds his post solely on the virtue of his submissive personality. Stalin could not afford brilliant subordinates to threaten his rule.

Seems Axl has discovered the same Dictator's Dilemma.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

Looks like it's Brain between Frank and Melissa in the soundcheck video. My guess is that they have kept his drum track on the studio version (obviously from a later version than the one on the Village discs, if it's Oklahoma) so he's been there to help them with the live arrangement (basically to show Frank how to play it). That is probably necessary as it's a more complex song than Absurd.

I would have thought a professional drummer should be able to pick up a gnr song. Not exactly difficult drumming

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

I would have thought a professional drummer should be able to pick up a gnr song. Not exactly difficult drumming

Agreed, Frank will have known these songs since he contributed parts to CD in 2007/2008 and any recording sessions since then. He's drummed professionally since 1988. Pretty sure he can learn the songs himself. Don't need Brain for that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It really says something about Frank's capabilities as a drummer if he needs his hand held to learn the song...at soundchecks!!

He should've had this nailed down long before the tour started.

Someone like Cameron, Freese, or Brain could learn that in their sleep.

On the other hand....

Criticism probably not warranted because it may be like with Bumblefoot where they don't even allow him to have the songs to learn and he has to learn them on the fly...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

It really says something about Frank's capabilities as a drummer if he needs his hand held to learn the song...at soundchecks!!

He should've had this nailed down long before the tour started.

Someone like Cameron, Freese, or Brain could learn that in their sleep.

On the other hand....

Criticism probably not warranted because it may be like with Bumblefoot where they don't even allow him to have the songs to learn and he has to learn them on the fly...

I think it’s silly to to go with this theory as fact. It’s a 20 second clip from far away and you can’t hear shit.

Board footer