You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

metallex78 wrote:

It’s sad that the band needs the new songs to generate interest, rather than wanting to make a new artistic statement. But I guess that ship sailed years, if not decades ago…

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

How ARE tickets selling?

Maybe slow sales will prompt the band to take some action?

If facebook activity is any measure they are selling very well.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Randomly checking shows in Ticketmaster, sales still look slow. Look at the entire unsold sections for Nashville:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-ros … 51DBF39FF3

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Thinking back to the release of Absurd. Maybe Axl wanted a song to promote the tour and the record company saw little value in this track so we're happy to do a deal with the band? Hardskool thrown in as a bundle to test the waters for more down the line?

I'd like to hear the record companies perspective on GNR.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

The plan was like they said to release a few songs here and there, but since last summer came and went, after Slash said there would be music, they must have decided their plan wasn't any good.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Could be wrong but I thought we sleuthed that the business side of Absurd and Hardschool implied GNR had bought back its masters from the CD sessions and otherwise.

If this is the case it's likely the record company is relegated to a distribution partner and doesn't have much input at all these days.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Haven't heard that word since the movie Sleuth. No idea what it meant!

Yes I agree. They are in a position to do whatever they want. None of this can be blamed on the record company.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Randomly checking shows in Ticketmaster, sales still look slow. Look at the entire unsold sections for Nashville:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-ros … 51DBF39FF3

That's terrible.

The whole industry is fucked beyond repair and the government should shatter Live Nation/Ticketmaster into a thousand pieces.

This is a tour with zero hype or interest yet the prices are through the roof and also have shit tons of scalped tickets for sale....

The exact opposite of what reality used to be. Scalpers used to ignore shows with no interest. Now they gobble up tickets for all shows....just in case. Also take into account that Live Nation and the artists now scalp their own tickets.

Closer to showtime....ticket prices will nosedive. They'll take a loss on the ticket just to get you in the door. They do this because they want your parking money and beer/nacho money.

Sad to say this about one of your all time favorite bands but I consider low ticket sales a good sign. It's the only way we MIGHT get a song. They clearly don't give a fuck but might unload a song if they think the promotion of it will move some tickets.

monkeychow wrote:

If this is the case it's likely the record company is relegated to a distribution partner and doesn't have much input at all these days.

What little evidence we have indicates that the label doesn't give the tiniest of shits about GNR releases.

The first sign was no new GH/Best of to ride the reunion hype wave in 2016-17. For neither side (band/label) to not take advantage of that was a sign of which direction this specific reunion would take.

Both sides half assed the AFD/UYI anniversaries as well.

metallex78 wrote:

It’s sad that the band needs the new songs to generate interest, rather than wanting to make a new artistic statement. But I guess that ship sailed years, if not decades ago…

It sailed the moment Izzy walked out the door.

Look at their discographies post 1991 and see how many songs Axl, Slash, and Duff have written together.

Here's the list....

Karice W
 Rep: 1 

Karice W wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Not quite. If the band releases something 2024 of course I'm gonna listen.

The other thing of course is a FULL reunion. I'd love to see Axl Slash Duff Izzy and Steve play again. In fact, if they are playing Glastonbury that would have been a really cool idea although impossible to get tickets

I have  Fictional Axl Rose stories where Young Axl Rose from 1987 time travels to 2022 and meets Current Guns N'Roses. smile In the first one, he lies and tells Izzy and Steven that Older Axl told him he wants to bury the hatchet and end the bad blood when Older Axl told him no such thing and Izzy and Steven are like,"Okay, cool, we want to bury the hatchet and end the bad blood too and be back in Guns N'Roses!" Young Axl tells Older Axl that Steven and Izzy want to bury the hatchet and end the bad blood and be back in Guns N'Roses and Older Axl is like,"Okay, cool. I want to bury the hatchet and end the bad blood too and want them Steven and Izzy back in Guns N'Roses too!" Steven and Izzy come back to Guns N'Roses with the hatchet buried and the bad blood ended. smile Fans were happy to see Steven and Izzy back. smile

The second story, Young Axl doesn't lie to Steven and Izzy, he's just like,"Izzy and Steven, I'd love for you guys to be back in Guns N'Roses." Steven and Izzy are both like,"Okay, cool, we want to be back in Guns N'Roses too!" Young Axl has Izzy and Steven show up at the next Guns N'Roses Show and Older Axl is understandably shocked that they showed up at the next Guns N'Roses Show, but Young Axl is like,"The fact that Steven and Izzy even showed up is a start in the right direction." Steven and Izzy both said they wanted to bury the hatchet and end the bad blood and be with Guns N'Roses again and Older Axl agreed he wanted to bury the hatchet and end the bad blood too and Izzy and Steven were back in Guns N'Roses and Fans were happy to see Steven and Izzy back. smile In the second story however, Steven and Izzy wanted money they would have had if they weren't fired(Steven) or quit(Izzy). Young Axl did calculations and they each would have gotten 100 Million. Young Axl paid them the 100 Million each and they were happy. smile

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

My wife wanted to get me tickets to the Chicago show for my birthday and I told her don't waste your money. If they don't release these songs soon I'm not going to bother watching the same show I seen in 2017, this time with no pyro and Axls shot voice. We will see the week of if I feel like it and we will get tickets day of. I did that in 2017 as well when they played the Bradley Center and got great seats for 62 bucks!
The ONLY thing that would make me buy tickets early would be new music. Not just one song either. If you have 4 songs just release them there is no allure to this piecemeal bullshit.

Board footer